AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

9 minutes ago, Honk said:

All hail Naga... uhhmmm Hashut!!!

just got some rocket launchers and fireglaives from Santa and I was kinda wondering how the actual ruling on the „Blackshard Armor“ is.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/tag/legion-of-azgorh/ 
Ben Curry implies in his faction focus and the compendium states that all LoA „warriors“ wear blackshard armor. But the „ignore first allocated wound“ characteristic is on no warscroll and the general usage of said armor is only mentioned in the headline for the Castellan and the ironsworn...

is anybody wellversed enough to enlighten me, please?!
Who wears blackshard armor (demonsmith?! Kdaii?!) and does it also prevent wounds allocated from mortal wounds? The wording is off for the newer books, but we are f-ing old school boyz...

In the Legions of Azgorh Battletome: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/aos_warscrolls/warhammer-aos-legion-of-azgorh.pdf

Blackshard armour is one of their two battle traits (so avaible for every Legions of Azgorh model). 

Blackshard Armour: The armour worn by each of the warriors in the Legion of Azgorh is wrought from iron shot through with refined shards of Aqshian realmstone. Each suit is a masterpiece of the Daemonsmith’s craft, and is imbued with a measure of Aqshy’s burning power.

The first wound that is allocated to each unit with this battle trait in each shooting phase and each combat phase is negated.

13 minutes ago, Honk said:

All hail Naga... uhhmmm Hashut!!!

just got some rocket launchers and fireglaives from Santa and I was kinda wondering how the actual ruling on the „Blackshard Armor“ is.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/tag/legion-of-azgorh/ 
Ben Curry implies in his faction focus and the compendium states that all LoA „warriors“ wear blackshard armor. But the „ignore first allocated wound“ characteristic is on no warscroll and the general usage of said armor is only mentioned in the headline for the Castellan and the ironsworn...

is anybody wellversed enough to enlighten me, please?!
Who wears blackshard armor (demonsmith?! Kdaii?!) and does it also prevent wounds allocated from mortal wounds? The wording is off for the newer books, but we are f-ing old school boyz...

It's in their allegiance ability, right at the start and no, it does not negate mortal wounds thanks to a FAQ for the main rules.

I'm also a bit scared for the future of the army. They didn't get any cost reduction like most armies got (which is technically a nerf) and I haven't heard about anything for this year. If the army gets axed, I will probably play them as Cities of Sigmar.

Edited by spenson
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, spenson said:

I will probably play them as Cities of Sigmar.

Proxxed as hellpit smithies of Sigmar 🥳👍

imo the Army was never really on par  with the „hotness“ in AoS. It got a good push in 2018 to be playable again, but as a FW set, GW doesn’t care and even within the GDubs range, some armies just don’t get the love... and it still has more kits than my flesh eaters !!!

The LoA range fits decently into a cities of sigmar army, I can make an alright list using ironsworn as ironbreakers, fireglaives as irondrakes, etc., but what unit would fit for using the K'daai models? They are pretty much the only models I can't find a decent profile for.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Qrow said:

The LoA range fits decently into a cities of sigmar army, I can make an alright list using ironsworn as ironbreakers, fireglaives as irondrakes, etc., but what unit would fit for using the K'daai models? They are pretty much the only models I can't find a decent profile for.

I am in the same situation. I was thinking about using the bull centaurs as demigryph knights and Drazhoath as a freeguild general on griffon (the battlemage on griffon is pretty bad). However there are no models with round bases in CoS. Maybe they could be played as allies (e.g. melee kurnoth hunters in a living city army).

I also don't know how I would play my bull centaur taur'ruk. 

Edited by spenson

23 minutes ago, spenson said:

I am in the same situation. I was thinking about using the bull centaurs as demigryph knights and Drazhoath as a freeguild general on griffon (the battlemage on griffon is pretty bad). However there are no models with round bases in CoS.

I also don't know how I would play my bull centaur taur'ruk. 

Pretty much had the same thoughts about the bull centaurs, but rarely use them so I didn't look into the taur'ruk proxy battlescrolls in depth. The only unit on the same base as the K'daai are the gyrocopter/bombers, which... aren't melee but could maybe work?

Edited by Qrow

I decided to ditch the Cities and if I proxy them it will be under StD.  Draz can be a sweet Sorcerer on Manticore.  K'daai being on 50mm could be allied Bullgors maybe?  I don't think they'd object to having bullhorns on their heads :D

The Ironsworn could be Marauders on 25mm, and Fireglaives…..?  Ungor Raiders?

Even Demigryph Knights, and Chaos Knights, are 75x42mm bases rather than the 90x52mm of the proper Renders and Tauruk bases.  So all would need bases reduction for knight proxies.  Shartor could be a Krakadrak Lord probably.

Artillery however probably wouldn't fit at all except as Hellcannons in a GA:Chaos army.  But Skullcrackers could be Gorebeast Chariots.  In  Ruinbringer Warband, not too shabby at all.

I wish I would have kept my Gutrot Spume and Blightkings.  They were good allies for Azgorh for the Outflanking; and tossing in a psychic kitty cat for 100 points would be awesome too.  Those Forbidden Power spells are nice too, but I'm loathe to buy another big box just for a  maybe useful endless spell.  Azgorh isn't good on the magic scene anyways.

I have been hammering GW with emails about keeping LoA current and treating it with the same attention as the other battletome armies. I have messaged forgeworld a bunch too, hoping that, although they have no control over the generals handbook and balance in general, they might put some pressure on the GW AoS team to update us, including allies lists; still seems silly that we can't take a hellcannon even as an ally.

Hopefully if enough of us ask them to update LoA in some way, they will give us a decent overall lookover, points, allies and possibly rules as well.

Btw, I did eventually receive confirmation from forgeworld that the dreadquake is intended to be used with a 170mmx105mm base, not a round 170mm base.

• Thanks 1

image.gif.9213977c4af6bc29538cd1c71177cb6f.gif@Grdaat

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh
Be'lakor (240)
- Allies
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Grotesque
- Artefact: Armour of Bazherak the Cruel
Shar'tor the Executioner (220)
Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer (100)
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)
Great Taurus (140)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Execution Herd (160)
Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train (120)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Total: 2500 
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 114

Note: this was an Open/Narrative best-of-three, which allowed me to take Great Taurus as an ally and allow Taur'ruk to be my general still. My opponent played a list with three Bloodthirsters, Maz The Butcher, Skarbrand, and a mix of Bloodletters and Blood Reavers.

Edited by Televiper11

2 minutes ago, eekamouse said:

Still available in the US store.

That's probably because they're still in stock there. If something sells out in a region and they're not making any more then they'll delete it from that we store and leave it on the others where it is still in stock.

Edited by Grdaat

3 minutes ago, eekamouse said:

I'm willing to bet it won't. Scroll up a page or three. 

No need to, I've been here for them. Tell me, when was the warning the warpfire dragon was going out of stock? I bought one very shortly before it vanished, and as far as I'm aware, there was no last chance to buy either. I also don't recall a warning with the Fimir.

7 minutes ago, Grdaat said:

No need to, I've been here for them. Tell me, when was the warning the warpfire dragon was going out of stock? I bought one very shortly before it vanished, and as far as I'm aware, there was no last chance to buy either. I also don't recall a warning with the Fimir.

Fair. Just we've had our share of doom and gloom in here. And, several email responses from Forgeworld themselves stating the opposite. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt for now.