AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Well, I think we deserve an update of the compendium. Just look at the thread in this forum of people interested in legions of azgorh. It is an army that costs a lot of money to finish and that less than being able to play decent. Do not be in fear of disappearing at any time.

I agree, seems like interest in Azgorh is gaining strength in the last year.  Maybe because people were finally using them in events, and other saw them.  And they certainly don't suck completely.  A solid low-mid to mid tier force I think, which with the right matchups and missions can actually dominate (Nighthaunts almost always lose to my Azgorh, and Gloomspite Gitz too).

The december GH2019 handbook errata has started to be released and it lools like LoA has been ignored again. I did hope after the compendium was pulled briefly a few months ago that they may have been making a few tweaks, but given that our points were in the GH2019 but we aren't on that list of changes doesn't bode well.

Maybe they will update the compendium rules to match the point costs instead?

Screenshot_20191216-152257_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Edited by Qrow

Ya notice that Tzeentch, Seraphon, and KO are also not listed there (as they are most likely getting proper updates soon).

So, maybe LoA is in that same boat?

-edit-

Well... Ogors, Cities, Slaanesh, and Ironjaws did not get any updates either, but they just got books.

Edited by eekamouse

Also I was using that Aos Statshammer web app, and using that looks like 3 Bull Centaur Renders outdamage5 Chaos Knights, even the charging lances.  Of course that's not counting any buffs and the Chaos Knights can get plenty of those.  At least Renders can get +1 to hit from a Tauruk and +1 to wound against an enemy if the Castellan can do his thing. 

42 minutes ago, Qcbob025 said:

Interesting for those worry that LOA was a dead faction

That's kinda half-assed though 😅

Clearly they don't mean a 170mm round base as implied there, but the standard GW 170x105mm oval base. Anyway, kinda excited to play more against LoA as a friend of mine is assembling a lot more as we speak. My Nighthaunt already have a terrible track record against those little ankle chompers 😂

I would suggest emailing GWs FAQ/update team at aosfaq@gwplc.com and offering suggestions and feedback regarding the legion of azgorh. They may monitor communities, but LoA is probably a low priority and small community, so we are easy to overlook. If all the people that want a LoA points updates start messaging the FAQ team with concerns and asking for updates points, then maybe we will get enough attention to see the changes happen.

It is also possible that they receive so little LoA feedback that they don't know how and what to look at, especially when they recieve thousands of emails about other overperforming factions. I just emailed in my feedback, asking to be brought in line with other, more recent battletomes. I tried to justify my suggestion in the email, but for short I suggested:

Drazhoath: drop 20-40 points

Castellan: drop 10-20 points

Dreadquake: drop 40-60 points

Battalions: blackshard 120, artillery 100, execution horde 140

I know there are some I missed, but these are just my suggestions from my own experience, of what I find are the most in need of assistance. I own no bull centaurs at all so I didn't recommend any changes as I don't know what they need, if you do then please let GW know directly. If you agree/disagree with any or all of my suggestions, please let GW know so that they know how our community is finding the current state of the LoA and where they need to focus their attention.

aosfaq@gwplc.com is the AoS update/FAQ email address, the squeaky wheel gets the oil, let them know what changes need to be made.

Edited by Qrow
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Definitely should have Warcry rules.

I also think Renders should be battleline if just a Tauruk is general and Shartor should have the Tauruk keyword.  Drazhoath should also have the Bahal keyword, being he's on a giant bull and master of the temple.  He needs +1 to hit!

That all makes sense. Should put it in an email to: aosfaq@gwplc.com

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Qcbob025 said:

I think they should clarified the "allied" to include more specificly Beast of Chaos instead of only Monsters of Chaos... why an army with bull head theme... cannot even allied with Bullgor and DoomBull...

Ya there needs to be some more tinkering with it overall. The Legion really IS Slaves to Darkness. They are always hanging around each other according to the lore (and make the weapons for the Varanspire folks).

9 minutes ago, eekamouse said:

Ya there needs to be some more tinkering with it overall. The Legion really IS Slaves to Darkness. They are always hanging around each other according to the lore (and make the weapons for the Varanspire folks).

MAKE HELLCANNON GREAT AGAIN! YAR! I want it in my LOA army

• Like 1

All great ideas so far, but I cannot stress enough to send your ideas, concerns or even just a flat request to be included in future balance updates to aosfaq@gwplc.com

We are a small community and may have to make some noise to get the attention we seek for the LoA, being quite and hoping they notice themselves hasn't worked for the last 18 months

I just e-mailed them from 2 different e-mails:

Hello, regarding the recent update/FAQs and the relative lack of Legion of Azgorh updates, could you please tweak them a little to keep we devoted followers of Hashut from having to use them as Slaves to Darkness or Cities of Sigmar?

The community of Azgorh has a few requests:

-please make Bull Centaur Renders battleline when a Tauruk is the General, and give Shartor the Executioner the TAURUK keyword.

-please give Drazhoath the Ashen the BAHAL keyword, as he's riding a giant bull, master of the Temple of Hashut, and really really needs to benefit from the Tauruk's Command Ability to do anything on the table.  Or just give Drazhoath +1 or +2 to cast, cuz he's so supreme!  And also make his 5+ Hellshard Amulet save work on mortal and normal wounds.  PLEEEEASE!

-extend the range of the Castellan's Command Ability to 18"....he's really slow, but seems like he should be able to point to a unit further away than 12".

-maybe reduce the points a little bit on max unit sizes on Fireglaives

-reduce the points a little on the battalions

-maybe add a few more relics, or 3 spells for Azgorh

-somehow let them summon K'daai Fireborn, since they're daemons

-make them able to ally with Beasts of Chaos, not just Monster of Chaos, or at least Warherds because of the bull headed theme?

-PLEASE DON'T GET RID OF THE SKULLCRACKER EVER, IT'S SOOOOO AWESOME!

Thank you very much!
from Nathan Maurer
devotee of Hashut (amongst other Chaos gods)

no_photo.png
ReplyForward
  • Like 1