AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

7 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

Rob and his doubles partner (Jon I think) won the AoS doubles at WHW last weekend with the LoA

That's amazing, I saw they were running 12 K'daai and thought that was amazing.  Unfortunately not too long before your post in this very thread I made a reference to us not winning anything....

On 10/27/2018 at 6:46 AM, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Either way bud try not to feel too bad,  as Chaos Dwarfs we've been left out in the cold for so many years I personally would love to think we are over powered now, I'm sure we are not mind as if we were FW or not we would be dominating the tournament scene. That's not a scene I'm into or anywhere near however I do believe we are not winning all the tourneys out there 

Oh dear... ?

32 minutes ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Unfortunately not,  that list is from the point of view of running LoA and what we can add as yourside. If you are running Nurgle you'd have to refer to their Ally list... Nurgle can only ally Brayherd,  Chaos gargants, Everchosen, Khorne, monsters of Chaos, Slaanesh, slaves to darkness (no Tzeentch) and warherds. 

So from a rulebook point of view we are unfortunately excluded although I think any right minded person would think that it would go the other way too (why could we get them as allies but not then Ally with them) but if anyone ever says in not in the rulebook then they technically are right. Unless there is an FAQ I'm not aware of...

I’d have to agree about any right minded person!

i know that as written  its a flat no, but I would say yes its recirocal based on the main gw armies being reciprocal.  The lasest beasts of chaos faq and subsequent ghb errata made the beasts an allied force in every chaos army and vice-versa. Nurgle, knorne et al. for instance gets beasts of chaos.

The problem you have is that gw won’t post fw armies or monsters as allies.

it might be worth putting a post on the fw facebook page asking the question about gw armies having legion as allies and if the answer is yes, whether they could post clarification in the next faq.

Second tournament 1º (20 players )  A lot of stormcast. nurgle, legions of nagash with ethereal dragon....   All in fire and ashes! Ashut rules!

Drazoath the ashen

Infernal guard castellan  general with grotesque and bazherak armor

Daemonsmith

30 ironsworn

10 fireglaives

10 fireglaives

1 iron daemon engine

1 skullcracker

1 magma canon

1500              That was the list

•  
  • Like 3

GT in 1 week.  Got 2nd at the last one with running Aethervoid Pendulum... which was.. lackluster - so we'll see how this list goes:

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Grotesque 
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
3 x K'Daai Fireborn (140)
Skullcracker War Engine (200)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 124

Hello all! I've been playing legion of azgorh in Age of Sigmar for about 3 years now and have absolutely loved them! Just found this thread and been digging through peoples thoughts on the faction and wanted to see what you all thought about my list! Im relatively new to being able to play 2000 points so have only gotten in the two games with the  list so far and its worked out relatively well. I understand from reading Deathshriekers arent hugely popular and to be honest in my last few games theyve been absolutely useless, but I dont have the points or $$$ to swap them for more magma cannons and play at a level thatd probably be overkill in anyway. In terms of the castellan, how do you get him close enough quickly enough to actually use his command ability? Ive had very few games where ive been able to get him in the right position to actually be in range for his ability without also getting him killed, contemplating throwing him out to up the ironsworn to 2 units of 20 as I find they end up folding pretty quickly the way I use them as a carpet to absorb most of my opponents charges. 

Heres the list: 

- General
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer (100)
- Artefact: Chalice of Blood and Darkness 
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- Darkforged Weapon & Spiteshield
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)
Magma Cannon (140)
Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (120)
Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train (120)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 130
I'm also still learning the positioning for the magma train to not get it charged and killed too, its a learning process heh. 

Thank you for any thoughts! 

1 hour ago, FinnTheBin said:

Hello all! I've been playing legion of azgorh in Age of Sigmar for about 3 years now and have absolutely loved them! Just found this thread and been digging through peoples thoughts on the faction and wanted to see what you all thought about my list! Im relatively new to being able to play 2000 points so have only gotten in the two games with the  list so far and its worked out relatively well. I understand from reading Deathshriekers arent hugely popular and to be honest in my last few games theyve been absolutely useless, but I dont have the points or $$$ to swap them for more magma cannons and play at a level thatd probably be overkill in anyway. In terms of the castellan, how do you get him close enough quickly enough to actually use his command ability? Ive had very few games where ive been able to get him in the right position to actually be in range for his ability without also getting him killed, contemplating throwing him out to up the ironsworn to 2 units of 20 as I find they end up folding pretty quickly the way I use them as a carpet to absorb most of my opponents charges. 

Heres the list: 

- General
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer (100)
- Artefact: Chalice of Blood and Darkness 
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- Darkforged Weapon & Spiteshield
Magma Cannon (140)
Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train (120)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 130
I'm also still learning the positioning for the magma train to not get it charged and killed too, its a learning process heh. 

Thank you for any thoughts! 

A lot of shooting power and combat action. Do you want to move the magma with the iron deamon? If yes so it's with 10" easy to avoid  enemy charges.

I didn't try ironsworn...maybe you can post some experiences with them. But all in all it's a well balanced army I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drazhoath said:

A lot of shooting power and combat action. Do you want to move the magma with the iron deamon? If yes so it's with 10" easy to avoid  enemy charges.

I didn't try ironsworn...maybe you can post some experiences with them. But all in all it's a well balanced army I think.

Hello, yes I move the magma cannon with the iron daemon, I've even converted it into a rotating cannon platform (Which ill get pictures of as soon as I can)

Ironsworn have been really useful for me. Whilst they never survive a game, they hold up enemy units long enough and whittle them down enough my guns can quickly pepper them down. Especially funny when last game I killed two monsters with spiteshield rolls. 

Hi all,

I’ve had a CD / LoA project on a slow boil for quite a while now. I’ve put together this list pretty much based on one of each of the models I think look cool, rather than anything else! Still, I’d appreciate some help on the tactics side:

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Chaos - Legion of Azgorh) [2000pts] ++

+ Leader +

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk [160pts]: 2. Armor of Bazherak the Cruel, 3. Grotesque, General

Daemonsmith [100pts]

Daemonsmith [100pts]

Daemonsmith [100pts]

Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer [100pts]

Infernal Guard Castellan [120pts]

+ Behemoth +

Iron Daemon War Engine [180pts]

+ Artillery +

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher [120pts]

Dreadquake Mortar [180pts]

Magma Cannon [140pts]

+ Battleline +

Infernal Guard Fireglaives [100pts]: 10 Infernal Guard Fireglaives

Infernal Guard Ironsworn [180pts]: 2x 10 Infernal Guard Ironsworn

+ Other +

Bull Centaur Renders [180pts]: 3 Bull Centaur Renders

K'daai Fireborn [140pts]: 3 K'daai Fireborn

I was thinking of creating a solid anchor point in the middle, with my artillery positioned there to make best use of their reach. I should probably drop a deamonsmith to make the Ironsworn bigger, but I quite liked the idea of having three wizards running around to dish out ash wind spells and fireballs (plus I own four of them and kinda want to use as many as possible...)

the K’dai and renders probably won’t do too much in such small numbers, but they’d be there to harass small units. 

10 hours ago, Tc63 said:

Hi all,

I’ve had a CD / LoA project on a slow boil for quite a while now. I’ve put together this list pretty much based on one of each of the models I think look cool, rather than anything else! Still, I’d appreciate some help on the tactics side:

++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Chaos - Legion of Azgorh) [2000pts] ++

+ Leader +

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk [160pts]: 2. Armor of Bazherak the Cruel, 3. Grotesque, General

Daemonsmith [100pts]

Daemonsmith [100pts]

Daemonsmith [100pts]

Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer [100pts]

Infernal Guard Castellan [120pts]

+ Behemoth +

Iron Daemon War Engine [180pts]

+ Artillery +

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher [120pts]

Dreadquake Mortar [180pts]

Magma Cannon [140pts]

+ Battleline +

Infernal Guard Ironsworn [180pts]: 2x 10 Infernal Guard Ironsworn

+ Other +

Bull Centaur Renders [180pts]: 3 Bull Centaur Renders

K'daai Fireborn [140pts]: 3 K'daai Fireborn

I was thinking of creating a solid anchor point in the middle, with my artillery positioned there to make best use of their reach. I should probably drop a deamonsmith to make the Ironsworn bigger, but I quite liked the idea of having three wizards running around to dish out ash wind spells and fireballs (plus I own four of them and kinda want to use as many as possible...)

the K’dai and renders probably won’t do too much in such small numbers, but they’d be there to harass small units. 

I've found the the K'daii are filthy if you stack them behind the Bull Centaurs, they can hit through with their 3" reach. The bull Centaurs and the Tarruk were probably my favorite models in the line up to paint, with the K'daii being my least favorite. Also the massive mortar is my favorite unit looks/model wise, but in game play has been less than spectacular considering the monetary cost. Best of luck!

I'm happy to have found a big group of Azgorh players!  Saturday I'm trying some of their units in a generic Chaos army.  I'm wondering how they will fare without the Azgorh Allegiance stuff.  I'll have:

Dragon Ogor Shaggoth/ Skar Bloodwrath/  Gutrot Spume and 5 Blightkings/ 20 Gutterrunners/ 3x10 Chaos Warriors/ then Drazhoath the Ashen, Daemonsmith with 2 Magma Cannons.  I'm hoping the Chaos Allegiance random +1 to hit thing will benefit something, and keeping the Dragon Ogor close to Drazhoath using the former's Lord of War Trait to make the Ashen more killy in combat.

I've used the Excecution Herd along with the artillery because I lack the Fireglaives or Ironsworn yet.  It's hard to get the cavalry engaged all at once with those big bases.  Shartor is a beast but I actually like the Tauruk better because of his ability and relic potential.  I also didn't find the Herd to be that necessary or awesome for the points as the new unit nominated for rerolling hits happens in the next hero phase....really too bad it's not immediately after they slay the chosen unit.  The big mortar and rocket never do anything for me though.  

Hopefully they change Azgorh's allied list, though all the Chaos gods isn't bad.  A Plague Priest and Gutrot Spume with 5 BlightKings is my preferred ally choice for now.  They get another wound buffer plus some outflanking tough guys.  The Maggotkin proved invaluable in my last tournament.  Also the magma cannons.  Definitely my favorite big gun, I have 2, and am kitbashing a third.  (I have all old Chaos Dwarves so made them out of an Altar of Sigmar cart base and the big Ogor cannon).

After relooking at them, the Kdaii Fireborn could be super useful.  They can put out a bunch of damage.....I love my Skullcracker Engine for the same reason.  That thing always does pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

So, is going Excecution Herd actually competitive then? Or do you really really need to get some Infernal guys in the mix?

I'd love to run an Excecution Herd + warmachines + Drazhoath + K'daai + smiths.

Lack of bodies to score those objectives does worry me, especially as there will be a bunch of points out the way sat on the backline firing. Place the centaurs on an objective, and if you get mobbed you're going to loose that objective for a turn, even if you do cut them all down eventually.

Maybe find something cheap to boost the model count? 10 Ungors for 60 points that aesthetically fit (sadly, they are rubbish on the battlefield, but they are cheap).

10 hours ago, a74xhx said:

do you really really need to get some Infernal guys in the mix?....

10 hours ago, a74xhx said:

Maybe find something cheap to boost the model count? 10 Ungors for 60 points that aesthetically fit (sadly, they are rubbish on the battlefield, but they are cheap).

I'd go with some ironsworn. Groups of 10, a bunch of them. If your opponent is running blocks of things like witch aelves,  bloodreavers, blightkings, plague monks etc,  any unit with a high volume of hits, the mortal wound on a 6 natty save is going to take chunks out of them, even if you lose a unit. They can also do that beautifully when chaffing up long range artillery, maybe some fireglaives behind them so you can nuke things as they get close. That way you can leave the bulls to go out and be play mock gore grunta while the big guns clean up and keep them safe

On 11/2/2018 at 7:14 AM, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

GT in 1 week.  Got 2nd at the last one with running Aethervoid Pendulum... which was.. lackluster - so we'll see how this list goes:

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh.....

I'm playing this list today. i'll let you know how I get on. 

It's very similar to what I usually play so should be an easy switch.  I don't often run the 3rd Magma or the 30 blob but I suppose I can drop some bulls and give it a go.  

Lots of de-buffs in the list with the Geminids, Tauruk and ash storm. 

Nice cannon!  Love my big hats too.

I agree the Execution Herd isn't too competitive,  at least not in my hands, though I think the centaurs can do fairly well.  Maybe just one unit of 6, as they have pretty decent damage output IF a Tauruk uses the +1 to hit ability on them.

My next units to make are big Fireglaive mobs,  and a second Skullcracker (the old Chaos Dwarf Tenderizer, to go with the Whirlwind).  I don't have any K'daaii Fireborn, so I think the Skullwhackers fill a similar role aside from board control.  Plus how to convert old bighats into K'daai is a challenge.  I prefer to maintain the old school theme.

36 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Nice cannon!  Love my big hats too.

I agree the Execution Herd isn't too competitive,  at least not in my hands, though I think the centaurs can do fairly well.  Maybe just one unit of 6, as they have pretty decent damage output IF a Tauruk uses the +1 to hit ability on them.

My next units to make are big Fireglaive mobs,  and a second Skullcracker (the old Chaos Dwarf Tenderizer, to go with the Whirlwind).  I don't have any K'daaii Fireborn, so I think the Skullwhackers fill a similar role aside from board control.  Plus how to convert old bighats into K'daai is a challenge.  I prefer to maintain the old school theme.

I use stone trolls painted to look like flames, it works

- General
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
3 x K'Daai Fireborn (140)
Skullcracker War Engine (200)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

I played with list today. 

I faced a beasts army with a mix of units using a battalion based around summoning. 

I lost on the battleplan pretty quickly but it was fun to get the toys on the board. 

Trip magmas is solid but I can’t help thinking it’s too many points into swingy shooting. More fireglaives and less ironsworn could be better. 

Draz is a love/hate as ever. he’s very fast and tanky, bad at combat  bad at shooting  and expensive  but I love him!!

gryph charm on Tauruk is interesting, I think in a meta full of 3+ with rerolls, the -2 is not enough.  Armour of Baz is my preferred choice   But I’ll stick with this and see how it goes  for a few games  

Looking forwards to playing more games  

Drazhoath has had a 50/50 success rate for me.  I'm thinking he could actually be really good with just huge hordes, like a maxed out Blackshard Warhost.  Then his Command Ability becomes really really useful....and the troops in the Warhost would also be rocking (I think) 10 Bravery (6+1 for Icon+1 for Warhost+1 for Standard Bearer+1 for being over 10 models).  I've lost many a model to Battleshock in the last couple tournaments and I don't like to spend my Command Points on things that aren't my cool Command Abilities like the Tauruk's!  Probably wouldn't be too many points leftover after that though.  Maybe enough for some K'daai, maybe a Skullcracker, and hopefully some Geminids and/or Gutrot Spume and 5 Blightkings, or at least Skar Bloodwrath.  Gotta get into the enemy's backfield with allies.

I haven't fought against or with the Beasts of Chaos yet.  Looking forward to both.

There was  some discussion here a while back about skullcrackers, how good they wre and how difficult to get. I suggested using a bull centaur pushing an old fashioned whirlwind. Well talk is cheap so I made one. Admittedly I am not a good sculptor or painter but here it is below and a link to my blog on Chaos-dwarfs.com 

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17110&page=7

975C37E1-F0B7-4A76-A096-DACEFD323D34.jpeg

F3E83F66-8F51-44BA-8EA3-EF6AB9C70B03.jpeg

On 11/21/2018 at 5:39 PM, Ben said:

I played with list today. 

I faced a beasts army with a mix of units using a battalion based around summoning. 

I lost on the battleplan pretty quickly but it was fun to get the toys on the board. 

Trip magmas is solid but I can’t help thinking it’s too many points into swingy shooting. More fireglaives and less ironsworn could be better. 

Draz is a love/hate as ever. he’s very fast and tanky, bad at combat  bad at shooting  and expensive  but I love him!!

gryph charm on Tauruk is interesting, I think in a meta full of 3+ with rerolls, the -2 is not enough.  Armour of Baz is my preferred choice   But I’ll stick with this and see how it goes  for a few games  

Looking forwards to playing more games  

Yeah, I noticed that taking out 120+ models in an army that can summon is a bit tough on the body count, so I've dropped a Magma Cannon and 10 Ironsworn for +20 Fireglaives.  It works a bit better in terms of mobility and board presence towards an objective.

The Magmas sure are swingy, but that's how I like to play ;) either your war machines decimate, or they're lackluster.  Gives a tossup against some tough armies that *should* give us trouble.

Geminids + Ash Storm + Taur'ruk is good.

Versus BoC, Ash Storming and doing the -1 attack Geminid seemed to work well.

I just come back from a tournament in Sweden with 60 players and pretty much the best players in Sweden attending. I came third with this list. 🙂

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)

- General

- Trait: Grotesque

- Artefact: Miasmatic Blade

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)

- Artefact: Doppelganger Cloak

Daemonsmith (100)

20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (180)

10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)

10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)

6 x K'Daai Fireborn (280)

Skullcracker War Engine (200)

Iron Daemon War Engine (180)

Magma Cannon (140)

Magma Cannon (140)

Magma Cannon (140)

Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train (120)

I played a Nagash list, a Gavriel Sureheart SCE list, a shadowstrike & summoning Seraphon list, a Nighthaunt list with 60 reapers and a Phoenix Temple list. I lost against Nighhaunt who later won the tournament. We played the GW secondary objectives where we had to choose 2 new objectives for every game. I completed all of them so I ended up with 4 major wins and 10 secondary objectives.

Edited by Andreas
  • Like 2