AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

7 hours ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

I not one to get my hopes up for Chaos Dwarfs, not because I'm being negative just so used to nothing for an army for 15+ years does that to you, but damn! These endless spells are a lovely nod back to the old days of fantasy battle... Purple Sun. That find that @KevenM posted is the most hopeful that I've ever been this may be something new for us

... However it's hard to escape that the head is a plastic minotaur, it looks to be GW plastic kit like the other spells and Darkoath are on the cards. My money would go on them (but my heart says CHAOS DWARFS PLEEEEEEASE!) 

Also has anyone found out why @Ben was asking us about the Skullcraker yet....

Legion of azgorh is a very forgeworld design concept, and I can see GW letting them just hold onto it.  It also takes a lot of pressure off them with respects to having to write them into fluff, ghb updates, rules errata, model line and rules development etc.

FW have been known to remaster or re-imagine popular models.  The skullcracker was always a problematic model for them, with plenty of casting failures and issues for everyone which was right.  That's a lot of return/replace to eat away at profits.

If there's a big enough demand however, it doesn't mean that it won't come back maybe a little different or maybe the same after it's been studied and re-mastered to take out the original problems that took it out of production.

Don't forget that the bloodthirster was over a year out of production before that came back. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Also has anyone found out why @Ben was asking us about the Skullcraker yet....

No big secret.  I emailed a list of interested people into GW and said please build some Skullcrackers!!!  

I’ve seen lots of people wondering about the Skullcrackers but not seen anyone saying they had contacted GW

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

No big secret.  I emailed a list of interested people into GW and said please build some Skullcrackers!!!  

I’ve seen lots of people wondering about the Skullcrackers but not seen anyone saying they had contacted GW

when it went out of production I did, but got the standard email response after enquiring about the confusion as well initially when it was 'temporarily unavailable' to discontinued.

I do get why they did it, as it was always a problematic model  for them from what I understand with respect to failure rate of casting and quality problems  high.

I think fundamentally Ben, now that AoS accepts FW stuff, it's not like the old days of fantasy when buying forgeworld still didn't mean you could use it at a throne of skulls for example, so there's a lot more weight behind re-releasing some of their old lines.  Can you imagine how many Ogre rhinox riders they'd sell if they came back?

I'd do a Beastclaw army in a heartbeat if they were returned to production!

Edited by Kaleb Daark

1 hour ago, Entombet said:

Well i can imagine GW doing their own version of Evil Dwarves and tying them to Death as they lack shooting. This "chd" town from map was in Nagash realm after all?.

I'm not convinced, if GW were to make a "Death Dwarf" faction, there is litterally no good reason for them to use LoA iconography (bull heads etc) or naming conventions.

For the same reason that LoA aren't named like the old Dwarfs, Fyreslayers  or KO, I don't think these hypothetical Death Dwarfs would be named like LoA (or anything else for that matter).

Edited by KevenM

LoA were only subfaction of ChD empire, a garnison of disgraced dwarfs. Im not saying dwarfs should be tied to death but i could imagine it. FW hawe no plans expanding loa, death/destro/chaos if gw would make plastic evil dwarves i dont care which faction if models would be nice :).

• Like 1

Yep, I agree. Darkoath is an equivalent to Slaves to Darkness (maybe they will be even merged). It could contain all kind of Chaos Undivided units encompassing Chaos Warriors, Chaos Duardins and Beastmen. It would be one of the most diverse armies in AoS. Darkoath Barbarians for cannon fodder, Beastmen for heavy hitters and Chaos Duardin for artillery. True legion of Chaos grinding through enemies.

Edited by michu

6 hours ago, michu said:

Yep, I agree. Darkoath is an equivalent to Slaves to Darkness (maybe they will be even merged). It could contain all kind of Chaos Undivided units encompassing Chaos Warriors, Chaos Duardins and Beastmen. It would be one of the most diverse armies in AoS. Darkoath Barbarians for cannon fodder, Beastmen for heavy hitters and Chaos Duardin for artillery. True legion of Chaos grinding through enemies.

I'm guessing it'll be like Legions of Nagash but for all chaos models without marks.

• Haha 1

Here's a list that I'm toying with currently.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh

Leaders
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Grotesque 
- Artefact: Chalice of Blood and Darkness 
Shar'tor the Executioner (220)
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- Darkforged Weapon & Spiteshield
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Mount: Steed
- Runestaff
- Allies
Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch (160)
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
20 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (200)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)

War Machines
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Skullcracker War Engine (200)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 320 / 400
Wounds: 118

Extra points for either the command point or Geminids. 

Basic idea is to block a path with the ironsworn. The Chaos Sorc. Lord gives oracular visions, a free mystic shield on them, letting them re-roll 1's on their save. 

Curseling goes midfield, to unbind and attempt to steal any spells. The low casting value of this, combined w the fact that many people will be bringing 'endless spells' will make him a massive threat and draw away unbinds from Ashstorm .

It's a work in progress, first draft had a LoC in it. (Called it "LoC & Load!")

Thinking of mixing up the Execution Herd with allies

Leaders

Taur'ruk (General - Grotesque, Armour of Bazherak the cruel)

Shar'tor

Demonsmith

The Changling (Ally)

Units

Bull Centaur Renders

Bull Centaur Renders

Bull Centaur Renders

10 Fireglaves 

10 Fireglaves

10 Fireglaves

Warmachines 

Magma Cannon 

Magma Cannon

Battalion 

Execution Herd

Endless Spells

Soulsnare Shackles

1980pts

1CP

Thinking Magma cannons will be setup with the Demonsmith and Fireglaves in the middle and either sides to shoot anything the wants to charge into the cannons

The Changling then has a rule where he can be placed anywhere in the enemy army line and half the movement of a unit within 9", thinking can place him next to any fast moving units again that are going to charge the cannons

Execution Herd then to be the mobile marksman they are born to be 

Has anybody used the Changling before?

Edited by TeddyMadeMeDoIt

The Taur'ruk is crazy good with that artifact and trait. I had a 1k game, where he killed almost 500 points alone tanking most of it the whole time. The Shar'tor was sadly underperforming. He is of course even better at killing than his smaller friend, but he dies too quickly and costs too much especially now when we have access to meaningful spells to cast with Draz, who is only 100 points more.

Btw, does anyone consider it possible for GW to let us cast that flaming bull? I, unfortunately, doubt it. Considering a long time GW policy of officially ignoring LoA existence, the only way I see is GW saying it's for Beasts of Chaos only and FW updating their rules and saying we can use it too. 

Edited by Trayanee

On 8/20/2018 at 11:33 PM, Charlo said:

I'm guessing it'll be like Legions of Nagash but for all chaos models without marks.

My undead wouldn’t complain about heavy artillery...

but I‘m not sure how they could be tied to Big N. And even though it hurts my non-beating heart, I see them more in the destruction GA. Death and Order got a bunch of new models (they could of course get stuck in order with the crazy aelves ?), Chaos will get a brayherds reboot after the tzeentch and nurgle hype...

so destruction with orcs and BCR are the ones who should get some support

48 minutes ago, Moogoodoo said:

I'm going to stop posting I'm sorry that's 3 times now I've tried and made a mistake. I ment daemon smith. 

In that case, it might be a good idea to grab the soulsnare shackles with the 20 points you have left over. Their slowdown goes great with artillery builds

5 hours ago, Moogoodoo said:

I'm going to stop posting I'm sorry that's 3 times now I've tried and made a mistake. I ment daemon smith. 

You always can edit your posts ;) 

But i also dont think you need 2 daemonsmiths when you already got Draz. The other one is for Ash storm and warmachine support.

Those 10 man Ironsworn are worth nothin in a 2000 points game. Thats to small for them to do anything. Rather go for 2 x 10 Fireglaives and 1 x 30 ironsworn (There is also a nice price when you go for a horde with them)

Edited by Charly2912

(Edit i wish i had thought of that, again a thousand apologies) I'm starting to think I need more feet on the ground. These are the models I have what do you guys think would be the best build at 2k and what do you guys think I need to get.

I'm still re basing some models :)

I have 2 extra bulls 

I use the old big hats and use the forge world models for the newer units that don't have old models. 

20180827_154900.jpg

Edited by Moogoodoo
  • Like 2

On 9/1/2018 at 7:07 PM, Moogoodoo said:

(Edit i wish i had thought of that, again a thousand apologies) I'm starting to think I need more feet on the ground. These are the models I have what do you guys think would be the best build at 2k and what do you guys think I need to get.

I'm still re basing some models :)

I have 2 extra bulls 

I use the old big hats and use the forge world models for the newer units that don't have old models. 

20180827_154900.jpg

The poor tauruk and bull renders look so small these days! Love the blend of old and new as well. Also, a second magma cannon wouldnt be a terrible idea. Looks fun :)