AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 minutes ago, Honk said:

… what? How? Where? 
I didn’t even … whhait whaaaat 😳

Who ever did that…. 😡😡😡

whyyyyy 😭🤯😭

I’d like to think it’s a simple omission, like the last time when they said Draz, the one on the GIANT WINGED BULL, couldn’t fly. But I doubt it. And now they’re legends, we won’t see another update to address it rightly or wrongly. 

4 minutes ago, mattbarker said:

And now they’re legends, we won’t see another update to address it rightly or wrongly. 

With the old rules, you could at least do some fun games, now they are just a burning pile of wreckage…

i guess new money is needed by Gdubs to finance their fine squad of rule smiths 😫🤮🙄

• 2 months later...

Hey boyos!

So apparently there's a big chaos announcement and preview coming tomorrow. Here's hoping our little guys will get some love. Don't lose hope, the AoS universe is infinite and sooner or later they will do a Chaos Dwarf variant. The concept of a demonic gunline is way too cool to ignore. It may take a year, but it's happening for sure. They wouldn't have given them their own keyword if they planned to axe them permanently. Let's hope tomorrow is our day!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Baron_Bathory said:

Hey boyos!

So apparently there's a big chaos announcement and preview coming tomorrow. Here's hoping our little guys will get some love. Don't lose hope, the AoS universe is infinite and sooner or later they will do a Chaos Dwarf variant. The concept of a demonic gunline is way too cool to ignore. It may take a year, but it's happening for sure. They wouldn't have given them their own keyword if they planned to axe them permanently. Let's hope tomorrow is our day!

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 17.48.28.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Baron_Bathory said:

So apparently there's a big… announcement and preview coming…. hoping our little guys will get some love.

The cry of Tombkings and Bretons through the ages 🤣

I‘m playing them with the 2.0 rules in friendly games and am content…

Let’s see if GDubs feels like there is money to be poached, it would be a complete new army, with new IP-able units and a new model design. If they make it interesting and cool I‘ll look for 300-500 bucks for my third army 🧐

If not, my 2.0 LoA are doing just fine and the 3.0 adjustments did nothing to induce trust and confidence in GDubs good will 🤨

On 10/29/2021 at 9:16 AM, Baron_Bathory said:

Hey boyos!

Looks like we have yet another Nurgle release. Sorry boyos, false alarm 😢 The day of the hat will yet be upon us!

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2021 at 11:15 PM, Baron_Bathory said:

The day of the hat will yet be upon us!

After the x-mas update burned Nagash to the ground, I guess I‘ll start playing battletech 3055 again 🤷🏿‍♀️

Enough GDubs shenanigans for the next years 

13 hours ago, Grdaat said:

Vhat happened with Nagash?

Got a new warscroll… like Archaon and Kragnos 

He is the only undead now, who doesn’t get an undead save 🤷🏿‍♀️
His awesome Command Ability got changed into … something new (+1 to ward save for ONE phase)

His interesting and strong summoning/healing 3hp to 5 units gets wrecked by „summonable or ossiarch“ FEC don’t do summonable 🤷🏿‍♀️
A new cool ability „supreme Lord“ let’s you reroll resurrection dice or add one to the number of slain models returned. That sounds interesting for Flayer spam FEC rerolling a botched courtier rolls or adding an extra model 😻but if that works for skelli boyz, nobody knows

And his staff attacks got upped to 4, also he finally gets all the lore spells

he costs 955 and the rules feel hastily thrown together. The loss of his old CA alone is hard to compensate and the new abilities already lead to many rule questions and unknown effects.

It is just one of those GDubs things that drive me into raging fits at times 🥳🤣

but maybe they redeem themselves with awesome Dawi Zharr artillery lines 🚀🚀🚀

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Monthly reminder that GW ripped my heart out and I had quit AoS.  When we come back, I will.

@Black_Fortress_Immortal, cheer up mate, it looks like Chaos Dwarfs are coming for Total War III! Odds are GW will drop some kind of Old World news and maybe bring back the Legion of Azgorh line in some form.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Honk said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/07/20/the-horns-of-hashut-bring-misery-death-and-fiery-destruction-to-the-new-edition-of-warcry/

soooo… do we dare hope?

all overly tall and beardless those pitslaves, no right sized well groomed person to look after them (with a whip)

Check out the Rumor Thread from yesterday, @Public Universal Duardin, @Clan's Cynic, @Snorri Nelriksson, @Beliman and I went full conspiracy mode on it. We came to the conclusion that Chorfs are either 4.0 or late 3.0 vs the Dawnbringer Crusades. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 1 month later...

Hey there, so who's working on some Chaos Dwarfs at the moment ? 
Makes me sad to see so little messages in a month a very little discussion recently ! 

I was actually thinking about making a Chaos Dwarf warband for Warcry. The idea would be to play them as count as dwarves from Cities of Sigmar. Anyone has done the same by any chance ?

• Sad 2

I put my 3 Hellcannon crew on Chaos themed megagargants and mancrushers....and old Astragoth went on my champion four-legged daemonic megagargant.    

But given the direction of some of this new StD stuff, AND the 40k Leagues of Votann, I think we could very well see some Chaos Duardin of some sort in the next year or three.  I think StD might be getting more forge master type units, and these would basically have to be them right?  Though I just don't get why the Warcry band is tall people.  

20 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I put my 3 Hellcannon crew on Chaos themed megagargants and mancrushers....and old Astragoth went on my champion four-legged daemonic megagargant.    

But given the direction of some of this new StD stuff, AND the 40k Leagues of Votann, I think we could very well see some Chaos Duardin of some sort in the next year or three.  I think StD might be getting more forge master type units, and these would basically have to be them right?  Though I just don't get why the Warcry band is tall people.  

Do you mind sharing pictures of those lovely lads? 

In regards to the Horns of Hashut, I think that they're as much a test model as the hobgrotz were in kruleboyz. GW's currently teasing new chaos dwarfs, and are clearly trying to figure out where they want to take the faction. So far the chorfs have kept the "industrial powerhouse" position they've had since the beginning of the Warhammer, but with the addition of the Horns of Hashut and the Hobgrotz we see them start to expand upon this idea. the Horns go out and secure new forge-grounds and resources, while the Hobgrotz act as the middle men between the Dawi-Zharr and other factions. Though out of curiosity, has anyone here picked up the Horns of Hashut and painted them yet?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone might want to run Azgorh models as an army these days Slaves to Darkness might work using something like this:

- Army Faction: Slaves to Darkness

- Army Type: Idolators

LEADERS

Centaurion Marshal (145)

Chaos Lord (120)

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (135)

Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (270)

BATTLELINE

Horns of Hashut (200)

Horns of Hashut (200)

Iron Golems (150)

Iron Golems (150)

ARTILLERY

Skull Cannons (260)

OTHER

Mighty Skullcrushers (330)

- Skullhunter

- Bloodglaive

- 2 x Standard Bearer

- 2 x Hornblower

TOTAL POINTS: 1960/2000

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

Draz could be the Manticore, magma cannons as skull cannons, bull centaurs as skullcrushers and Tauruk as the centaur hero.   Little heroes as sorcerers and foot lord.  Little dwarves as the battleline as always.  Not great but something?

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Anyone run Azgorh lately just for fun?  To see how it does?  We still have generic CAs and battalions...just sayin.

I don't think we're a Legends yet.  Just unsupported, forgotten, and extremely bitter, like a Chaos Dwarf should be.  Don't settle for the oddjob crumbs that Slaves to Darkness throws to us under the table.  Pick up those boot straps!  We don't have to reach to far down to get them.

Well I just noticed we lost Blackshard Armor and the flying enemies suffering MW.....no matter.  TO WAR!

Edited by Lord Krungharr

• 3 weeks later...

The new upcoming GHB will help Azgorh a bit; I'm very eager to give them a whirl again!  Having nearly all of our heroes unable to be shot at with missile weapons while next to battleline units is great (including Tauruks). 

I encourage anyone still holding Azgorh or Chaos Dwarves to bring them out once in a while if your gaming pals are cool with it, which I think most folks I've played with would be.  It's not like we're overpowered 🙄  Or if you have people with old Legends armies, play a Legends match with just the generic stuff from the GHB, and whatever is in your Legends PDF!  

I am for sure asking Adepticon to permit Legends armies in the championships or at least find some tables for a Legends event.  No good reason to not include them in tournaments frankly, as they're not competitive really, just fun to use the old stuff.