AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

'Le sigh'.....I felt it in my bones.   this SUCKS.  I never understood the arrangements of GW and FW but this and the horrible delays for Horus Heresy prove they really need some severe restructuring.  FW should just be axed and GW should bring them all into the MadeToOrder Department, as hand-sculpted, rubber molded, resin-casted pieces are rather quick and low cost compared to the CAD/Steel Die/plastic-injected production method.  FW's rules always lacked good interplay with the outright GW rules too in 40k and everything else I've seen.

End rant

1 hour ago, Latty said:

Welp. Sooooo what are everyone's proxy ideas?

I have two plans in place. Cities of Sigmar and Slaves to Darkness.

Cities of Sigmar:

Ironsworn = Longbeards

Fireglaives = Irondrakes

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher = Helstorm Rocket Battery

Magma Cannon = Steam Tank

Daemonsmith = Battlemage/Runelord (I have all the Daemonsmiths. One of them is very Runelord-esque)

Drazoath the Ashen = Battlemage on Griffon

Slaves to Darkness:

Ironsworn = Marauders

Bull Centaur Renders = Varanguard

K'daai Fireborn = Chaos Warriors (this one feels iffy to me)

Daemonsmith = Chaos Sorcerer Lord

Bull Centair Tau'ruk = Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount

Drazoath the Ashen = Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore

• Like 1

That sucks, I know support in the way of an allegiance update was unlikely but I had hoped for some faq points changes and perhaps some interesting GA Chaos allegiances or such that would buff them indirectly like Greenskinz in Big Waaagh. 

It's a shame that so much of FW was shafted, like Tamurkhan has to be one of the most impressive models released and it's just an OOP model falling to power creep now. At-least recasts exist, unlike some other OOP stuff seem easy enough to find.

3 hours ago, MarauderSquig said:

That sucks, I know support in the way of an allegiance update was unlikely but I had hoped for some faq points changes and perhaps some interesting GA Chaos allegiances or such that would buff them indirectly like Greenskinz in Big Waaagh. 

It's a shame that so much of FW was shafted, like Tamurkhan has to be one of the most impressive models released and it's just an OOP model falling to power creep now. At-least recasts exist, unlike some other OOP stuff seem easy enough to find.

Hold up, there’s a Tamurkhan recaster? Where?!

It's sad because the next incarnation of dwarves who worship Chaos will probably be dull Iron Golem sculpts instead of unique Babylonian industrialists.

I plan on using my Dawi as Greywater Fastness, and at least now I can go fully nuts with their lore.

Edited by erasercrumbs
  • Like 3