AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

heya

so after the new release, I'm gonna dry my luck dabbling again with the Dawi Zharr.

Currently I'm planning to build a 1000 pts army focusing more on bull centaur due to their low model count

so far this is my list:

Shar'tor 220
3 bull centaur render 180
3 bull centaur render 180

That falls to 580

any idea on what to add for 420 pts?

21 hours ago, Perturabo said:

just a pointer, some folks from the Facebook chaos dwarf group points out that Draz Hoath is no longer a unit with FLY

Cinderbreath actually not flying anymore... i guess we can use the excuse to tell our opponent the wings are there not for flying but to make some wind to cool down Drazhoath on it lol

I know it is discontinued but part of me does still wonder why the Skullcracker has never been allowed to be taken as part of the artillery train battalion. Not even last edition while they had the model out. I don't know if it matters much anymore though, I'm not sure I'll take them much with how more power works now. Although I have considered doing it with the emerald lifesward endless spell moving around the army and just taking the mortal wounds hoping to heal them again.

8 minutes ago, Browncoat89 said:

I know it is discontinued but part of me does still wonder why the Skullcracker has never been allowed to be taken as part of the artillery train battalion. Not even last edition while they had the model out. I don't know if it matters much anymore though, I'm not sure I'll take them much with how more power works now. Although I have considered doing it with the emerald lifesward endless spell moving around the army and just taking the mortal wounds hoping to heal them again.

Honestly, with the new compendium, and new AoS team, I have a hope that we may see a digitally remastered skull cracker in the future.

57 minutes ago, mattbarker said:

I hope we get new units and a battletome as thick as the stormcast one ?

Just too many units. I want everyone to be sick of the constant LoA releases!

Honestly it wouldn't take much to make it a truly fantastic army, a foot character, maybe something fast? Something like a jezzail or warpfire thrower would be awesome.

18 minutes ago, Rumblefish said:

Just too many units. I want everyone to be sick of the constant LoA releases!

Honestly it wouldn't take much to make it a truly fantastic army, a foot character, maybe something fast? Something like a jezzail or warpfire thrower would be awesome.

bound magma dragons and the return of the kdaai destoyer :D

after all they had a model for him which they resculpted  and re-purposed to a new faction (scaarac)

Actually the kdaai destroyer would be pure jaw dropping awesome.

for those of you who have never played or read throne of chaos - the destroyer was a massive Kdaai - think gargantuan huge..massive kdaai..

375mtd1z1we01.jpg

60Dn44R.jpg

from the world that was: Image and text from Tamurkhan The Throne of Chaos

Far larger than the K'daai Fireborn fashioned as shock troops by the Chaos Dwarfs, K'daai Destroyers are massive constructs created in the form of mighty warriors or iron beasts, such as gargantuan monstrous bulls and other nightmarish creatures, awakened by mass blood sacrifice and let loose upon the enemy. The High Priests of Hashut have succeeded almost too well in the creation of the K'daai Destroyers, for they are near-mindless, elemental forces of destruction, and need to be laid to rest as cold and silent metal until they are required in battle, where they burn bright and terrible, but briefly.

Only the greatest of the Sorcerer-Prophets are able to forge these monsters of metal and flame, and the process is both costly and arduous in the extreme. This limits their number, making them almost the stuff of legend. But with the dark imaginings and limits of deadly craftsmanship the only end to the terrible forms a K'daai can be fashioned and shaped into, there have been those of Hashut's priesthood who have met their cursed doom early, as the power to make their glorious vision real has slipped from their grasp. There are those malign Sorcerer-Prophets that have turned this to their advantage, entering into dark pacts with other evil wizards and sorcerers, granting to them the power of such a hellish creation in return for some vast and unholy price, knowing full well that the K'daai power is ultimately self-destructive and more than likely to turn on those that try to wield it without sufficient caution.

K'daai Destroyers are singular constructs, fashioned to the desires and diabolical whims of the Daemonsmiths and Sorcerer-Prophets that forge them in Hashut’s deadly fires. Accordingly although all are large and bestial, some may be created in the image of a great bull, another a Rhinox or even a dragon or some twisted creature conjured from the dark imagination of its creator. All however are beasts of blackened and jagged metal suffused with glowing runes of binding and alive with hellish flame.

Some are fashioned in the shape of a great bull or Minotaur with razor horns, whose charge can shatter a hillside. Others are covered in barbs and blades, making it impossible to attack them in close combat without an enemy being cut to shreds in the attempt. Those known as Dark Colossi are towering monsters, larger even than others of their kind, that are the work of the greatest of the Sorcerer-Prophets and are able to crush fortifications and mighty beasts beneath its burning claws and leave the earth an ashen waste in its wake. There are even some K'daai Destroyers that have been outfitted with brazen wings infused with sorcery and the blood of a Great Taurus slain in ritual supplication to Hashut, Father of Darkness, which enables them to fly and breath flames.

latest?cb=20170506095147

rocking up with a destroyer was the equivalent of rocking up with a couple of mournguls  - didn't win you many friends!

oh, and a re-imagining of the hellcannon.  I miss the hellcannon in our army.  Chaos Dwarf crews the world over are getting cold now.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Entombet said:

Ahh old times when Destroyer was op as f..k.

I preferred to look at it as giving a superior tactical advantage. ?

after you ash stormed all your dice and then reminded them they wrre all flammable and it was your shooting turn!

old times indeed.

• Like 1

Just a thought, apologies if the answer is obvious or already talked about but I haven't seen it, when a unit has 'fly' does it automatically fly when ever it moves or does the player choose when it flies ie; only to cover terrain or other units?

As this is a pretty big buff for us if we all of a sudden get people walking their flying beast about the place it could really put a downer in it, my worry is it does give some negative effect that the could move over anything at all and have to follow terrain etc unless they do fly but if it's a choice between that or taking wounds... can people do it?

58 minutes ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Just a thought, apologies if the answer is obvious or already talked about but I haven't seen it, when a unit has 'fly' does it automatically fly when ever it moves or does the player choose when it flies ie; only to cover terrain or other units?

As this is a pretty big buff for us if we all of a sudden get people walking their flying beast about the place it could really put a downer in it, my worry is it does give some negative effect that the could move over anything at all and have to follow terrain etc unless they do fly but if it's a choice between that or taking wounds... can people do it?

If they can fly and moves more than 6" they take the wounds.

26 minutes ago, JCar09 said:

A question, friends. Which units have Blackshard armor? I do not find in the compendium where he puts it

I assume this battle trait works on all your units (but not allies), i.e. even kdaai or iron daemons ignore the first wound.

Edited by Andreas

Oh you guys! More power now happens in the shooting phase not the hero phase! Paired with the battle trait that shrugs the first wound of the shooting that's huge! 

That means there should be no reason not to fire at 4d6 every shooting phase with your Irondaemons! It is almost guarenteed to not take any other wounds in its own shooting phase which means if you get more power there is a 33% chance it won't take any damage at all by rolling a 1 and shrugging it off. 66% chance it'll only take one wound or less for double the shots.

27 minutes ago, Browncoat89 said:

Oh you guys! More power now happens in the shooting phase not the hero phase! Paired with the battle trait that shrugs the first wound of the shooting that's huge! 

That means there should be no reason not to fire at 4d6 every shooting phase with your Irondaemons! It is almost guarenteed to not take any other wounds in its own shooting phase which means if you get more power there is a 33% chance it won't take any damage at all by rolling a 1 and shrugging it off. 66% chance it'll only take one wound or less for double the shots.

Yah, I thought that it would be really bad, but after two games I've realized that taking d3-1 wounds isnt too bad. And at least if the shots roll is average or below average there is not downside. 

3 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

Yah, I thought that it would be really bad, but after two games I've realized that taking d3-1 wounds isnt too bad. And at least if the shots roll is average or below average there is not downside. 

So there is a pretty strong indication then that it should definitely work on mortal wounds since the core book says "after a mortal wound is allocated it is treated as any other wound for the purposes of rules"? or is this something that might cause arguments?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Browncoat89 said:

So there is a pretty strong indication then that it should definitely work on mortal wounds since the core book says "after a mortal wound is allocated it is treated as any other wound for the purposes of rules"? or is this something that might cause arguments?

I feel like it will - but only because they'd be wrong and would be trying to argue around it. 

The rule snippet you quoted above clarifies everything IMO. Fair enough, mortal wound allocated, all that really means is a wound that you don't get to try and save. Beyond that its just a number of wounds to allocate so the rule should apply regardless. I think after careful "explanation (perhaps with a hammer)"  they'll accept

10 hours ago, mattbarker said:

I feel like it will - but only because they'd be wrong and would be trying to argue around it. 

The rule snippet you quoted above clarifies everything IMO. Fair enough, mortal wound allocated, all that really means is a wound that you don't get to try and save. Beyond that its just a number of wounds to allocate so the rule should apply regardless. I think after careful "explanation (perhaps with a hammer)"  they'll accept

Yeah especially since the Soul Wars core book simply defines mortal wounds as wounds you "Do not make hit, wound or save rolls for". This is not a save roll. idk, I feel like it could be contested a little bit about if a mortal wound is treated like a normal wound as it is allocated vs after it is allocated and if that means only after a unit has already actually taken the damage from it, but yes I agree I think most of the case supports this use for it.