AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I think there's a small chance that we do in fact get a points update considering that several of the main factions (Orruks, Ogors, etc...) aren't getting an update in the GHB proper, but will be getting a PDF update after the book drops (confirmed on the WH Community site).  Because, the book's printing was baked in months ago, some points updates didn't make it into the final release. LoA could be in the same boat.

*hoping*

• Like 3

On 7/9/2020 at 3:59 AM, Qrow said:

While it probably means nothing, the downloads page on forgeworld no longer has any AoS content. You can still download them from their actual store pages and nothing has changed on the pdfs, it is just the downloads page that no longer lists them, but they were there yesterday and are missing today.

Maybe they are getting ready to update the pdf...we can hope, right 😉

• Like 1

I got the book today and I'm not a LoA player but I wanted to give you good news. You are in the book and you can take allies from all factions still. Have a nice day 🌞 

Edit: I haven't posted screenshots as per the rules and It's you still have allies haha.

Listed allies Chaos Gargants, Everchosen, Khorne, Monsters of Chaos, Nurgle, Slaanesh, StD and Tzeentch

Edited by Blisterfeet
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Blisterfeet said:

I got the book today and I'm not a LoA player but I wanted to give you good news. You are in the book and you can take allies from all factions still. Have a nice day 🌞 

Edit: I haven't posted screenshots as per the rules and It's you still have allies haha.

Listed allies Chaos Gargants, Everchosen, Khorne, Monsters of Chaos, Nurgle, Slaanesh, StD and Tzeentch

Oooo.. been waiting for StD to be allies... I needed an excuse to get some Warriors.

I forget. Did the rules for Allies change?

13 minutes ago, eekamouse said:

Oooo.. been waiting for StD to be allies... I needed an excuse to get some Warriors.

I forget. Did the rules for Allies change?

Naa nothing’s changed. Always been Able to take slaves to darkness as allies. At least they got it correct in the book and didn’t need to FAQ it this time!! 😂

34 minutes ago, eekamouse said:

I must have missed that FAQ. So much time wasted!

Aww no man! That sucks lol. 

Yeah after the GHB2019 release they “forgot” to list any of the allies we had in the original compendium pdf. They also “forgot” the skullcracker from the matched points list. It was faq’d hard and fast along with a few other general mistakes to essentially be exactly as per the PDF from 2018. 

Here’s hoping they’ll sling us an update or two in the pdf this time around though. 

Well that is good news at least, no points changes either, no changes in the rules? I know there was some speculation on that when Forgeworld dropped the PDF downloads from the site. Well I suppose we are alive even if there is no update, I suppose there shouldn't really be any surprise there.

20 minutes ago, Browncoat89 said:

Well that is good news at least, no points changes either, no changes in the rules? I know there was some speculation on that when Forgeworld dropped the PDF downloads from the site. Well I suppose we are alive even if there is no update, I suppose there shouldn't really be any surprise there.

Yeah exactly - if nothing else, another year just rocking on! Our download is still available in the Legion of Azgorh section btw, it’s just weird they moved the main ones from the sites download help areas. As much as I wanna think this will signal a move to the community faq downloads pages, I’m not sure it will! 

I hope we get a FAQ that will allow us exclusively to make Duardin wizard heroes in the Anvil of Apotheosis. I doubt we necessarily will but it would be cool. Seeing all the extra features that the other armies get to use almost make me want to run the lore and models on the mechanics of another army even more. It'll instantly give access to specific endless spells, bring back the original format of the army with hobgoblins, and all that. I mean we can still use the Anvil of Apotheosis in most friendly games, I doubt anyone will throw a fit at us using the Duardin ancestry even though they forgot to specifically put <Legion of Azgorh> underneath it but it is definitely still aparant that the army as a whole is just an afterthought most of the time.

56 minutes ago, Browncoat89 said:

I hope we get a FAQ that will allow us exclusively to make Duardin wizard heroes in the Anvil of Apotheosis. I doubt we necessarily will but it would be cool. Seeing all the extra features that the other armies get to use almost make me want to run the lore and models on the mechanics of another army even more. It'll instantly give access to specific endless spells, bring back the original format of the army with hobgoblins, and all that. I mean we can still use the Anvil of Apotheosis in most friendly games, I doubt anyone will throw a fit at us using the Duardin ancestry even though they forgot to specifically put <Legion of Azgorh> underneath it but it is definitely still aparant that the army as a whole is just an afterthought most of the time.

I highly doubt it, but since these are all optional rules anyway that can only be used with your opponents permission, you might as well house rule in their keyword changes.

Other than the contorted epitome, what ally option have you has success using with the legion of azgorh. I am currently trialing the mindstealer sphiranx and I am loving it in my bull centaur list, having Some combat activation shenanigans can really even the battlefield

1 hour ago, Qrow said:

Other than the contorted epitome, what ally option have you has success using with the legion of azgorh. I am currently trialing the mindstealer sphiranx and I am loving it in my bull centaur list, having Some combat activation shenanigans can really even the battlefield

I use Blue Scribes and Iron Golems. The Scribes provide a near-guaranteed spell cast, which I use for the Soulsream Bridge. The Golems provide an awesome screen for fireglaives.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MKsmash said:

I use Blue Scribes and Iron Golems. The Scribes provide a near-guaranteed spell cast, which I use for the Soulsream Bridge. The Golems provide an awesome screen for fireglaives.

I never thought of using the blue scribes, they would certainly help in the current magic heavy meta.

I have used my k'daai destroyer model to proxy as skarbrand before and he can dominate some opponents, but I struggle to use models that don't stick close to the chaos dwarf vibe. The sphiranx is probably the most I have differed from the standard chaos dwarf type models, but maybe I should take a closer look at the ally options I have ignored.

36 minutes ago, Qrow said:

I never thought of using the blue scribes, they would certainly help in the current magic heavy meta.

I have used my k'daai destroyer model to proxy as skarbrand before and he can dominate some opponents, but I struggle to use models that don't stick close to the chaos dwarf vibe. The sphiranx is probably the most I have differed from the standard chaos dwarf type models, but maybe I should take a closer look at the ally options I have ignored.

I used to run a Chaos War Mammoth a lot. I fit it in to the lore that one dwarven clan saved Tamurkhan in a battle and were gifted a War Mammoth that they now use for their kingdom's industry as a slave mammoth. It has smoke stacks on top and a large cage of bars for going out and collecting and transporting their hobgoblins or other captives from the battelfield. It was a good model but it lost it's giant fall footprint witht the new warscroll update. It was fantastic for keeping the heat off my artillery though. 

• Like 1

You know the combination of the Anvil of Apotheosis, my considerations of running a more lore friendly list through StD or CoS, and what allies we are using though really makes me think about how it could be fun to use allies the same way. Run an allied blue scribes warscroll as a custom super powerful sorcerer prophet of Hashut or something like that. Just building a list with allies but then reskinning that ally as a lore friendly dwarf model just like you did with running Skarbrand as the K'Daai destroyer. I don't think I do that enough and I think it brings a lot to the army.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Qrow said:

I have exactly the same issues with miniatures, which are not enough chaos dwarf :D 

Thats why i used my old metal chaos dwarf sorcerer as chaos sorcerer lord (back in the days when it was a good  ally for kdaii). Or why i still used my lammasu and great taurus. They just fit perfectly into the army! 

The blues Scribe seem realy cool and are worth a try! 

I've also heard a lot of good things about Gutrot Spume and his Blightkings for deep strike shenanigans 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Qrow said:

The LoA compendium is now available for download from the warhammer community downloads page. I had a quick look but it seems nothing has changed unfortunately, same points and same rules.

Yeah hasn’t been touched. Still says 2018 on it.  You’d think they’d at least be bothered to change that... 

*sigh* 

It would seem that we have once again been looked over. I will keep messaging GW with battle reports and issues with balance in our battletome, but I think it is safe to say that we are a not considered a 'real' faction by GW. At least not in their balancing concerns

• Sad 1

I already started to put my LoA on square bases (fortunately it's easy to rebase resin models). I'll stick with Slaanesh and Cities of Sigmar for AoS since this army isn't really supported by GW anymore. My local meta is quite competitive and while I love the chaos dwarves, getting crushed game after game  by any good list is not fun.

Edited by spenson
  • Sad 2