AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

What contents page image is that one? I haven’t seen any reference yet...

8 minutes ago, Latty said:

I don't know if anyone's pointed it out but they're not getting rid of them in GHB 2020, you can clearly see Legion of Azgorh in the table of contents on the preview image. Whether we're getting point changes is questionable.

6 minutes ago, Latty said:

Screenshot_20200705-104622.png.32785517c8181ec1069744765b3f22aa.png

On the preorder page, 5th entry under Chaos, page 8, Legion of Azgorh.

I wouldn’t say that says anything clearly lol 

I think you might be right, but equally it’s far too hard to read and it doesn’t look like the one that clearly says legions of nagash in the section below! 

19 minutes ago, mattbarker said:

I wouldn’t say that says anything clearly lol 

I think you might be right, but equally it’s far too hard to read and it doesn’t look like the one that clearly says legions of nagash in the section below! 

Even so, there's 9 entries under Chaos. The 7 armies on the GW site, LoA, and Other. In order:

Beasts of Chaos

Blades of Khorne

Disciples of Tzeentch

Hedonites of Slaanesh

Legion of Azgorh

Maggotkin of Nurgle

Skaventide

Slaves to Darkness

Allies

Edited by Latty

Very true! And exceptional eye sight / deducing btw, I never bothered looking at those images on the gw site lol 

I’m more worried about FW not updating our compendium for another year and it stagnating. And hoping more of our units don’t randomly vanish off the site without warning like the others have! Deathshrieker most recently. 

• Sad 1

Given we haven't seen any point adjustments for 2 years to date, I'm hoping they give us something this time. I have been emailing them asking for changes in the GHB at least 1-2 times a month since December and things have only gotten worse for us since then.

It is hard even for some of the recent armies to keep up with the power creep, we have fallen way behind since the 2.0 release and we weren't especially strong back then either.

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh

Leaders
Daemonsmith (100)
- General
- Darkforged Weapon
- Command Trait: Grotesque
- Artefact: Armour of Bazherak the Cruel
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
The Blue Scribes (120)
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (300)
20 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (200)

Units
1 x Skullcracker War Engine (200)
32 x Iron Golems (280)

Artillery
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Soulscream Bridge (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 120 / 400
Wounds: 146

Anyone got a way to improve this list? All convenience and practicality of owning these units aside.

Edited by MKsmash

35 minutes ago, MKsmash said:

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh

Leaders
Daemonsmith (100)
- General
- Darkforged Weapon
- Command Trait: Grotesque
- Artefact: Armour of Bazherak the Cruel
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
The Blue Scribes (120)
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (300)

Units
1 x Skullcracker War Engine (200)
32 x Iron Golems (280)

Artillery
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Soulscream Bridge (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 120 / 400
Wounds: 146

Anyone got a way to improve this list? All convenience and practicality of owning these units aside.

Why so many iron golems? They’re not that good are they? 

Edit: I’ve also thought about a gaunt summoner to keep up with k’daai and throw out some free pink horrors to shield them should things get close

Edited by mattbarker

15 minutes ago, mattbarker said:

Why so many iron golems? They’re not that good are they? 

Edit: I’ve also thought about a gaunt summoner to keep up with k’daai and throw out some free pink horrors to shield them should things get close

They're not great on their own. However, they can provide a great screen for the Fireglaives and Magma Cannons. 32 provides 40 wounds at a 4+ save rerolling fails. 

8 minutes ago, mattbarker said:

Yeah true, they do get more benefits as a screening shield though, especially with a Cheap nurgle Hero near! 

Except I would have to ally in a nurgle hero though, as well as plaguebearers, all of which would exceed the ally points.

9 minutes ago, MKsmash said:

Except I would have to ally in a nurgle hero though, as well as plaguebearers, all of which would exceed the ally points.

Aww man, yeah forgot that. Last few game’s I played were 2500 point so had the lists saved lol. Forgot the ally limit goes up then so could sneak it in! They’re less useful at 20 unless they’re isn’t much shooting going on. 
aesthetically the iron golems fit in really well. Just wish they were more than a meat shield lol 

1 hour ago, mattbarker said:

Aww man, yeah forgot that. Last few game’s I played were 2500 point so had the lists saved lol. Forgot the ally limit goes up then so could sneak it in! They’re less useful at 20 unless they’re isn’t much shooting going on. 
aesthetically the iron golems fit in really well. Just wish they were more than a meat shield lol 

Considering how cool the golems look, I wish they better too. At least they have a shooting attack too!

New rumour mill has vorgaroth going down 100 points. If true, that means at least one uncommon forgeworld model has been adjusted, could mean good things for us. The mourngul did get a point drop last year however, so still worth keeping lower expectations.

• Like 1

We're not allowed to post the leaked photos I believe, however, I saw the Azgorh point changes for everything except our warmachines. Nothing has changed. Looks like we didn't get any updates or if we get any it would be a PDF update from FW. Again, didn't see the warmachines though as the screenshot was only the bottom half so they might have gotten something but every other unit (characters, centaurs, infernal guard, k'daai, battalions) are unchanged. On the plus side, we're still in and listed right next to Maggotkin! So still an "official" army.

Edited by FFJump

5 hours ago, FFJump said:

We're not allowed to post the leaked photos I believe, however, I saw the Azgorh point changes for everything except our warmachines. Nothing has changed. Looks like we didn't get any updates or if we get any it would be a PDF update from FW. Again, didn't see the warmachines though as the screenshot was only the bottom half so they might have gotten something but every other unit (characters, centaurs, infernal guard, k'daai, battalions) are unchanged. On the plus side, we're still in and listed right next to Maggotkin! So still an "official" army.

Yeah, I have seen it too. Unfortunate as we desperately need some adjustment and there is no real reason for us to be treated different from other armies.

I have seen the argument that being a forgeworld army means we shouldn't expect regular updates, but as long as they are selling the LoA we should get the same treatment as all the other allegiances.

On 7/4/2020 at 9:00 AM, Qcbob025 said:

I don't think people have to be too fatalist on the on going of the Chaos dwarves. Points were in the GH 2019, i don't see why they would'nt be in the GH 2020.  Forgeworld always been a niche product and never played a mainstream role in the lore, it's a standalone thing. I think it's unfair to expect it to be an "real official army" and occupy space in a "official" document. 

People jump to conclusion way too fast. It's not in the ally chart... does Death Korp of Kreig was in the ally chart back then in previous 40K editions books nope... did Death Korps of Kreig still exist... yes. There is no point for FW to stop selling a product if it's still sell, they do a simple math (total profit - cost of maintenance and repair of mold. If it's not profitable, they stop producing it) Look at the Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher and the Skullcracker, they removed it because it was not profitable to maintain the mold, not because they wanted to fade away the branch.

I agree. I believe the army is doing well for what it is and that they must be selling nicely.  I have even seen a few recent battle reports on youtube with the LoA being quite competitive. I think the interest and support is out there, and may be gaining a little traction. 

On 7/5/2020 at 11:16 AM, mattbarker said:

Very true! And exceptional eye sight / deducing btw, I never bothered looking at those images on the gw site lol 

I’m more worried about FW not updating our compendium for another year and it stagnating. And hoping more of our units don’t randomly vanish off the site without warning like the others have! Deathshrieker most recently. 

I was worried back before Covid also - then their site was down for a couple months and I wrote FW. They told me they had no plans to retire the range (i know that doesn't mean they can't) and that the skullcracker and deathshrieker outcomes were due to two separate production issues. I recently ordered a full LoA army from Forgeworld and it arrived quickly from. I believe the army will be around for a time to come but I am not under the illusion it will get the same attention as the other GW armies...nor do I want them to. I like the pace and feel of the army without power creep through new units, shifting rules and a constant new book release. Not to mention, the army will always retain its value(whether legitimate or not) and has a cool/unique factor many others do not. In case anyone hasn't noticed - seemingly all FW models go up in value once retired. That should make most of us want to double down on our Legion!

Edited by IrishCarBomb
incorrect posting of alternative website.

21 minutes ago, Latty said:

You should probably take the recast links out of your post

I can, but since there is no other option for purchase anymore I didn't realize it would be contentious. I would have bought the FW version if they had it, but a rep from FW informed me it would not be coming back. I'll remove it anyway.

While it probably means nothing, the downloads page on forgeworld no longer has any AoS content. You can still download them from their actual store pages and nothing has changed on the pdfs, it is just the downloads page that no longer lists them, but they were there yesterday and are missing today.

Edited by Qrow