AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

7 hours ago, spenson said:

From the video:

dx339xvvwo751.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=130ac0a3e3d0f67f2d0b2ca8872630c81edb84f6

The new realmscape feature of Aqshy is 'Burning lands'. This means that Burning Skies is no longer in the game. If they don't even update the LoA compendium then they really don't care about the army anymore.

Well, not really. There is no reason our own faction trait has to be the same as the realm one. I always thought it kinda cheaped out that it was just copied over. Means you can get a double benefit playing in aqshy now rather than no benefit 

I meant that the compendium has a designe's note:

Designer’s Note: Burning Skies
and Fireball are available to other
armies if the battle is taking place in
Aqshy (see the Realm of Battle rules
in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar
Core Book). They are always used by
Legion of Azgorh armies, to reflect
how closely bound the Legion is to
their home realm.

Do you think they'll update this section in the compendium or they'll keep it as is even if it doesn't make sense anymore?

LoA is the only army that didn't get any change at all last year and they didn't give any indication that it won't be the same this year.

20 minutes ago, spenson said:

I meant that the compendium has a designe's note:

Designer’s Note: Burning Skies
and Fireball are available to other
armies if the battle is taking place in
Aqshy (see the Realm of Battle rules
in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar
Core Book). They are always used by
Legion of Azgorh armies, to reflect
how closely bound the Legion is to
their home realm.

Do you think they'll update this section in the compendium or they'll keep it as is even if it doesn't make sense anymore?

LoA is the only army that didn't get any change at all last year and they didn't give any indication that it won't be the same this year.

Why wouldn't it make sense? Now Burning Skies will just be an army ability.

The quote in my previous message explicitly states that "Burning Skies and Fireball are available to other armies if the battle is taking place in Aqshy". Which won't be the case anymore in the new GHB.

I agree that I'd rather have burning skies but since the compendium is online only, I think that they should at least update the document to remove this note. It can be an issue with printed battletomes but if it's an online document, it's way easier to make updates.

Or they will keep it as is even if the note doesn't make sense anymore.

Edited by spenson

14 hours ago, spenson said:

From the video:

dx339xvvwo751.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=130ac0a3e3d0f67f2d0b2ca8872630c81edb84f6

The new realmscape feature of Aqshy is 'Burning lands'. This means that Burning Skies is no longer in the game. If they don't even update the LoA compendium then they really don't care about the army anymore.

Edited by IrishCarBomb
redundant

On 6/25/2020 at 2:18 AM, Ar-Pharazôn said:

I'll admit I've had a great deal of anxiety over Legion of Azgorh and their future. I love the army, but it feels almost like playing AoS 1.0 sometimes with how basic are Allegiance Abilities are. We have no spell lore, no unique terrain, no endless spells or equivalents, and barely any current lore. I'm afraid that they'll end up like getting more and more models gradually cut. There have been more Azgorh units lost than gained since Age of Sigmar released. 

I can see where you are coming from. For what its worth, I reached out with the same concern and they replied back quickly and dismissed the rumors of dropping the army. Even if a lot of people don't play LoA, I think Forgeworld sells a lot of their models. I bought several years ago just because I loved the models. Long before AoS was even a thing, and I wasn't using them for fantasy.

I for one love that they are given a little less attention. I know it means we don't get as many updates but the army itself is truly unique and there isn't power creep and rule changes within the army very often. Though their "battle tome" is simplistic comparatively, I still love the versatility and feel of the army - and I think that comes with them being a relatively underserved and niche faction.

We need all of you out there who are considering the army to jump in and buy it! The more backers, the more stable and supported the line of LoA becomes. Besides, even if they did discontinue the army down the road, everyone's models would increase in value (as most other discontinued Forgeworld items do) as the models themselves retain their collective desire and uniqueness. WHAT SAY YOU?!

3 hours ago, spenson said:

The quote in my previous message explicitly states that "Burning Skies and Fireball are available to other armies if the battle is taking place in Aqshy". Which won't be the case anymore in the new GHB.

Why not? As written. It's still tied to an army ability so I'm having a hard time seeing what the problem is.

Before GHB2020:

Aqshy: Burning skies

LoA: Burning skies

Note: 'Designer’s Note: Burning Skies and Fireball are available to other armies if the battle is taking place in Aqshy (see the Realm of Battle rules in the Warhammer Age of Sigmar Core Book). They are always used by Legion of Azgorh armies, to reflect how closely bound the Legion is to their home realm.' 

After GHB2020:

Aqshy: Burning lands

LoA: Burning skies

Note that says that burning skies and fireball are both available for the other army if the battle is played in Aqshy: Still there if they don't update the compendium

I don't know how to make it more simple. They just need to change it so Burning Skies is a battle trait only available for the LoA and fireball is available to other armies if the battle takes place in Aqshy. It's very easy to do but I'm not sure they care enough about the army to do it.

Or just put it in an FAQ.

Edited by spenson

2 minutes ago, spenson said:

Note that says that burning skies and fireball are both available for the other army if the battle is played in Aqshy: Still there if they don't update the compendium

Note how it's listed as an army ability in the compendium. As written nothing will change, you just get an additional effect.

image.png.557b078eb96402bd4e7494aa4adc34a4.png

well... we aren't on the list, i don't know if this means the end, but it certainly isn't good

although notice tarmurkhans horde isn't there either, so meaby they just don't like fw.

but we definitely wont be playing any team battles any time soon 😞

Again, it’s probably nothing. Nothing has ever been able to take LoA units as allies so I guess this is just a continuation of that. 
Meh. I’ll wait and see what happens when I have the book rather than just pictures of it. Could well be a third page for all we know 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, mmmbbb3 said:

image.png.557b078eb96402bd4e7494aa4adc34a4.png

well... we aren't on the list, i don't know if this means the end, but it certainly isn't good

although notice tarmurkhans horde isn't there either, so meaby they just don't like fw.

but we definitely wont be playing any team battles any time soon 😞

If they do it right, they will FAQ it or update the compendium to treat LoA as Slaves to Darkness in regards to coalitions.... or at least them join with only Slaves to Darkness at the very least.

Yeah I completely agree, I am not too worried about it. What I love about the legion is the models and the lore. It would be great if the army stayed updated but if they squat anything too significant or if the compendium gets discontinued I'll keep running the models and a lore themed army through a different army book like StD or CoS.

• Like 2

I'm finishing up my Skullcrackers this weekend.  When done I'll post pictures, and give them one more go as Azgorh vs perhaps my Beasts.  Then who knows, they might be Gorebeast Chariots, or get big cannons slapped on them to become Ironblasters.  Or I could just mount Ogors on my Magma Cannons to be Ironblasters.  If needed of course.

I don't think people have to be too fatalist on the on going of the Chaos dwarves. Points were in the GH 2019, i don't see why they would'nt be in the GH 2020.  Forgeworld always been a niche product and never played a mainstream role in the lore, it's a standalone thing. I think it's unfair to expect it to be an "real official army" and occupy space in a "official" document. 

People jump to conclusion way too fast. It's not in the ally chart... does Death Korp of Kreig was in the ally chart back then in previous 40K editions books nope... did Death Korps of Kreig still exist... yes. There is no point for FW to stop selling a product if it's still sell, they do a simple math (total profit - cost of maintenance and repair of mold. If it's not profitable, they stop producing it) Look at the Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher and the Skullcracker, they removed it because it was not profitable to maintain the mold, not because they wanted to fade away the branch.

5 hours ago, Qcbob025 said:

I don't think people have to be too fatalist on the on going of the Chaos dwarves. Points were in the GH 2019, i don't see why they would'nt be in the GH 2020.  Forgeworld always been a niche product and never played a mainstream role in the lore, it's a standalone thing. I think it's unfair to expect it to be an "real official army" and occupy space in a "official" document. 

People jump to conclusion way too fast. It's not in the ally chart... does Death Korp of Kreig was in the ally chart back then in previous 40K editions books nope... did Death Korps of Kreig still exist... yes. There is no point for FW to stop selling a product if it's still sell, they do a simple math (total profit - cost of maintenance and repair of mold. If it's not profitable, they stop producing it) Look at the Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher and the Skullcracker, they removed it because it was not profitable to maintain the mold, not because they wanted to fade away the branch.

It's because several of their unit choices are no longer available from Forgeworld, and they've squatted other items without any warning.

6 hours ago, Qcbob025 said:

My point is that last year we were the only army without any point change. Even the devoted to sigmar had some changes (they changed the witch hunter before removing him for CoS). I'm very concerned that they might squat the rest of the army if they don't give a single update two years in a row.

Also the army is very bad right now in any remotely competitive setting.

Edited by spenson

1 hour ago, spenson said:

My point is that last year we were the only army without any point change. Even the devoted to sigmar had some changes (they changed the witch hunter before removing him for CoS). I'm very concerned that they might squat the rest of the army if they don't give a single update two years in a row.

Also the army is very bad right now in any remotely competitive setting.

Devoted to Sigmar army... was in fact consisting of 4 models (with 2 from the War Altar, the warrior priest and the altar itself) and a resin Witch Hunter. They were reducing the IP by removing the War Altar from production since they had alot of redundancy with the Celestial Hurricanum/Luminark of Hysh. Like some variant of Land Raider with extra options, they want to reduce the variant of the same kit (Redemer, Crusader etc. etc) And every resin model is trend to fade away in the next years for GW it's a production fact.  As you can see, you can still field the flagellant and the war priest within Cities of Sigmar (the one from Warhammer Quest). They hav'nt butchered the whole Devoted to Sigmar, they readapt the production line to favor plastic kits (there is 0 model in Cities of Sigmar in resin). That the way to do with GW, and it's not hidden. They want to get rid of all their resin by 2022 (or something close), and they adapt the fluff around that.

But FW is a complete other game where 100% of their product are resin and they still produce new resin kit in 2020 and will keep going with that production method. Like i said, do not compare GW with FW. If they really wanted to get rid of Legion of Azgorh with the upcoming GH 2020, they would had place "Last chance to buy" marker on FW website to get rid of extra stock, while the GH2020 is in pre-order. (They did the exact same thing with Elysian Drop Troops, even more...  rules still exist for the Elysians, but they just stopped producing the line).  As is... Legion of Azgorh "suck" in tournament... but it's main purpose is not to be a competitive army to the eyes of GW, they simply lack ressources to allocate a writer to rewrite rules to fit the production line. Don't expect Endless spells and racial terrain, they won't get any (they get stuck with the generic one, like cities of sigmar or orruk warclans).  It's a status quo army, as it was for the first Chaos Dwarf army (Fantasy 5th Edition. It took the 8th edition to get a "serious" update. Rules were still playable in the 6th and 7th... they sucked at those but they were sidekick army. As far as profit is higher than maitenance of the mold, they will keep the line alive.

9 hours ago, Qcbob025 said:

Devoted to Sigmar army... was in fact consisting of 4 models (with 2 from the War Altar, the warrior priest and the altar itself) and a resin Witch Hunter. They were reducing the IP by removing the War Altar from production since they had alot of redundancy with the Celestial Hurricanum/Luminark of Hysh. Like some variant of Land Raider with extra options, they want to reduce the variant of the same kit (Redemer, Crusader etc. etc) And every resin model is trend to fade away in the next years for GW it's a production fact.  As you can see, you can still field the flagellant and the war priest within Cities of Sigmar (the one from Warhammer Quest). They hav'nt butchered the whole Devoted to Sigmar, they readapt the production line to favor plastic kits (there is 0 model in Cities of Sigmar in resin). That the way to do with GW, and it's not hidden. They want to get rid of all their resin by 2022 (or something close), and they adapt the fluff around that.

Hang on, there's a bunch here that isn't quite right, the War Altar and Hurricanum/Luminark don't have the same model or use the same kit, they didn't have the same rules, you're ignoring the Flagellants when you look at how many models they had (not to mention Warrior Priest variations) and there's a few other factions in CoS who have even fewer models than the Devoted did. Even as far as the resin models go, they've replaced many instead of getting rid of them from the game, so there's no reason they can't replace those too.

If they really wanted to get rid of Legion of Azgorh with the upcoming GH 2020, they would had place "Last chance to buy" marker on FW website to get rid of extra stock-

Just like they did with the Fimir- OH WAIT.

As is... Legion of Azgorh "suck" in tournament... but it's main purpose is not to be a competitive army to the eyes of GW, they simply lack ressources to allocate a writer to rewrite rules to fit the production line.

******, the rules are already written by GW so putting the burden on Forgeworld means you don't know who's writing what.

17 hours ago, Qcbob025 said:

If they really wanted to get rid of Legion of Azgorh with the upcoming GH 2020

I don't know if anyone's pointed it out but they're not getting rid of them in GHB 2020, you can clearly see Legion of Azgorh in the table of contents on the preview image. Whether we're getting point changes is questionable.

Edited by Latty