AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I have no desire to be a cynic, but in case this is true (and let us not forget, it is not official until we get either replies or some public notice from FW) I doubt this forum alone has chance to save the army - especially if LoA gets the axe because FW is getting away from AOS as they prepare themselves for Old World. Which COULD be a new home for LoA! Might be either a restructuring to show LoA is unsupported under Old World returns or, Hashut forbid, a way to kill the army for good to save valuable shelf space - but for the moment, we won't know either way.

Maybe LoA is disapearing because GW wants to create its own chaos Duardins? They mentioned them in the core book with Zharr-Vyxa so that has to mean something... Right? 

I've been playing dwarfs since I was kid but just because when I began to collect warhammer miniatures chaos dwarfs were disapearing from stores. 

I want to believe 🥺

Edited by Mungrun

15 minutes ago, Mungrun said:

Maybe LoA is disapearing because GW wants to create its own chaos Duardins? They mentioned theme in the core book with Zharr-Vyxa so that has to mean something... Right? 

I've been playing dwarfs since I was kid but just because when I began to collect warhammer miniatures chaos dwarfs were disapearing from stores. 

I want to believe 🥺

Would be the dream.

I'm too a long time fan of dwarves of all kinds, but never had the chance to get legit Chaos Dwarves as a teen despite the lore having a soft space in my heart. Bought the Tamurkan tome from FW but then I dropped out from the hobby for the better part of a decade. A GW chaos duardin faction would be what I've waited for a decade.

• Like 1

Old chaos dwarfs will appear in total war 3 I don't know if it's going to be this year 2020 or the next one, but I'm pretty sure that this fact is going to increase greatly the popaluraty of this army and I think GW it's aware of this fact so maybe it's planning something to take adventage of it. 

PS: My apologies if I'm committing grammar mistakes, English is not my first language. 

Edited by Mungrun

12 hours ago, Mungrun said:

Old chaos dwarfs will appear in total war 3 I don't know if it's going to be this year 2020 or the next one, but I'm pretty sure that this fact is going to increase greatly the popaluraty of this army and I think GW it's aware of this fact so maybe it's planning something to take adventage of it. 

PS: My apologies if I'm committing grammar mistakes, English is not my first language. 

I saw some mod about Chaos Dwarf in Total War 1,  i thought they were official race... it almost got me to buy it on Steam Sale... Then i discovered it was'nt an official one. I can't wait to see it come true on Total War 2. Where did you got that rumor? That will definetly help getting the Chaos dwarf a better visibility.

42 minutes ago, Qcbob025 said:

I saw some mod about Chaos Dwarf in Total War 1,  i thought they were official race... it almost got me to buy it on Steam Sale... Then i discovered it was'nt an official one. I can't wait to see it come true on Total War 2. Where did you got that rumor? That will definetly help getting the Chaos dwarf a better visibility.

A while back CA said they would include all the old Warhammer races in the total war trilogy, the only ones left now are ogres and chaos dwarfs(plus whatever faction they decide to expand upon/create).

Pretty sure I saw someone had asked a question to some of the rules writers specifically about things like LoA and they were told they would get something this year (probably just a rules update in the next GHB).  Not a huge amount but I guess it is better than nothing.  Good to see Kings of War going hard on chaos dwarves atm too and some of their models look pretty good.

So what are peoples MVP units in recent games? In my last game I has was against DoK and my 30 man ironsworn unit took out the monster version of morathi by themselves, either by reflecting back 3 mortals each turn or through normal combat. In the end there were about... 4 or 5 left alive, but trading 80% of a 240 point unit to down a 480 point monster was amazing.

To be fair, my dice were super hot that game and my opponents were not, but it was awesome to see.

Edited by Qrow
  • Like 1

Hello all. Long time AoS player, but just jumping into the Legion, as I've been mulling over starting a chaos dwarf army for about 2 years now. Something about them just pulls me in every time I look at them on the FW site.  With that said, this is a project I'm going to be getting into slowly over this year and thought I'd work toward 1k points before moving on and expanding. 

This is the list I'm looking toward. From what I've read, the fireglaives and K'daai are going to be your bread and butter along with the Taur'ruk. I've included the warhound allies as a cheap, fast and disposable screen. Any thoughts on the list and/or suggestions on maybe a different/better starting point would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance

WarscrollBuilderList.pdf

5 hours ago, Brakkus said:

Hello all. Long time AoS player, but just jumping into the Legion, as I've been mulling over starting a chaos dwarf army for about 2 years now. Something about them just pulls me in every time I look at them on the FW site.  With that said, this is a project I'm going to be getting into slowly over this year and thought I'd work toward 1k points before moving on and expanding. 

This is the list I'm looking toward. From what I've read, the fireglaives and K'daai are going to be your bread and butter along with the Taur'ruk. I've included the warhound allies as a cheap, fast and disposable screen. Any thoughts on the list and/or suggestions on maybe a different/better starting point would be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance

WarscrollBuilderList.pdf 5.73 MB · 1 download

Take the K'Daai as 2x3 because otherwise they will suffer from Battleshock, plus you can then do a nice pincer formation and potentially get Kiss Of Fire off twice for 2MW rather than 1MW.

2 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

If LoA gets the proverbial axe, I'm fine with using them as Slaves to Darkness, or Grand Alliance Chaos to use the four Magma Cannons as Hellcannons, and Fireglaives as Marauders.   People will have to suffer my proxies we must suffer no rules updates!

From the replies to our emails so far, it seems that we will be sticking around. There are also various reports of updates coming in from people that have spoken to GW reps, but we had similar reports last year and nothing eventuated from them.

I was looking into playing StD with my LoA models as proxys, but I couldn't find anything that sat right with me as fireglaive or K'daai substitutes

Very excited to play a 2.5K Narrative Play game vs. Khorne next weekend. Below is my list. The Great Taurus is a proxy for me running a K'daai Destroyer (I use the BoC Wildfire Taurus Endless Spell as the model). My opponent is allowing me to run Taur'ruk as general while still having the Execution Herd. I'm also allowed to summon K'daai Fireborn on a point system: 15pts = 1 unit summoned per turn.

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh
Be'lakor (240)
- Allies
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Grotesque
- Artefact: Armour of Bazherak the Cruel
Shar'tor the Executioner (220)
Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer (100)
- Artefact: Thermalrider Cloak
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
- Artefact: Ignax's Scales
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)
Great Taurus (140)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Execution Herd (160)
Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train (120)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Total: 2500 
Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 114

• Like 1

Skarbrand can actually be blocked by endless spells very well.   A Soulsnare Shackles would do nicely since he can’t fly and a good chance of halving his movement.  That would buy time to shoot the Insensate Rage Thirster, who is always a problem since he can fly and his nasty axe hits cause explosions damaging all units in range.   

Another thing to remember about the Tyrants of a Blood battalion is if he’s running that, if he has the Halo of Blood relic from the Bloodlords Slaughterhost, that bloodhtirster can strike first in combat.... THEN that allows all the other bloodthirsters to strike immediately after.   So maybe that guy should have the target priority if he is running Halo of Blood.   

Intercepting Skarbrand with kdaai and hitting him with Ash Storm outside unbind range would be good; limits his ability to do Carnage, and kdaai ignore his Slaughter rend  

I might get an allied Slaves to darkness mind-cat.  Forgot what it’s called but forces a unit to strike last in combat I think.   100 points is pretty good for that, and it’s not a spell either.  

All hail Naga... uhhmmm Hashut!!!

just got some rocket launchers and fireglaives from Santa and I was kinda wondering how the actual ruling on the „Blackshard Armor“ is.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/tag/legion-of-azgorh/ 
Ben Curry implies in his faction focus and the compendium states that all LoA „warriors“ wear blackshard armor. But the „ignore first allocated wound“ characteristic is on no warscroll and the general usage of said armor is only mentioned in the headline for the Castellan and the ironsworn...

is anybody wellversed enough to enlighten me, please?!
Who wears blackshard armor (demonsmith?! Kdaii?!) and does it also prevent wounds allocated from mortal wounds? The wording is off for the newer books, but we are f-ing old school boyz...