AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Get 20 Fireglaives instead of the Dreadquake, only 20 points more and way more useful.  Or an Iron Daemon, which is the same points as a Dreadquake, and also more useful.  Cool looks but you won't be happy with it during play, which is half the battle I think.  If the Dreadquake was 120-140 I think it could have a place.

Didn't the old Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train battalion give the war machines +1 to hit if they didn't move?  I seem to remember that.  So much better than the current one.

Hello!
I'm new at AoS, but I'm an old big hat player and I want to start with them again. I had a question... what will be a good replace for the skullcracker? The model is not available and all the lists always contains one or more of this model.

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Hello!
I'm new at AoS, but I'm an old big hat player and I want to start with them again. I had a question... what will be a good replace for the skullcracker? The model is not available and all the lists always contains one or more of this model.

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks!

if you have your old whirlwind model that might work - you'd need to put it on the correct base of course.

I used my old hellcannon as a dreadquake mortar until I could afford a proper one.  In your case this is different as you just cannot get the model anymore.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

There are lots of coversion options  for a skullcrscker if you go down the whirlwind route. An old whirlwind wiuld do or you could use a FW render to make one. If you run big hats and are not bound by FW or GW minis then the Russian alternative do big hat BC onlr slightly smaller than FW which would look great and are A LOT cheaper. If you like the  FW look Nirba miniatures do a BC that would fut and is also cheaper, or just scratch build one. Mine is a page or so back on this thread(too big but thats the size of the cow model I had).

Trying to make my Herd List a bit more competative, and I'm running following setup atm:

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160) - General, Grotesque, Gryph-feather Charm 
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
Shar'tor the Executioner (220)

20 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (200)

3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)

Execution Herd (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 133

used to run Shar'tor, Draz, Smith, Taur'ruk, 3 x 3 Battleline Renders, 12 K'Daai, Shackles and Herd, but found the lack of bodies to be a problem....

Any ideas? Cheers

Edited by Lamekh
typo

I played last night.  The list was really fun but I think it needs a little something else.  Probably some more bodies as I was using the fireglaives for that role.  

Drazhoath The Ashen
Daemonsmith
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk

Grotesque 
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk
Gryph-feather Charm 

10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives
3 x K'Daai Fireborn 
Warpfire Dragon 
Magma Cannon 
Magma Cannon 
Skullcracker War Engine

2000pts

The Warpfire Dragon is probably the unit that I can swap out.  I Its a nice unit but didn't really do much.  I felt the army as a whole struggled with lack of retools so i'm considering a BSB in there too Its tough to fit it all in.  Maybe swap the dragon for more fireglaives?  I'm not sure at the moment.  

Another thing is that all my infantry is on 32mm bases.  I feel that I could swap them to 25mm and get a bit more mileage from them.  

• LOVE IT! 1

Hey Guys!

I have a small tournament coming up this weekend and I'll be bringing my Chaos Dwarves for the first time!  Here's the list I'm looking at running.  The only other possibility I was thinking was taking out the Iron Daemon Engine, increasing the Ironsworn to 30, putting in an extra Daemonsmith, and a couple  endless spells.  What do you guys think?

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Grotesque
- Artefact: Armour of Bazherak the Cruel
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon

Battleline
20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (180)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)

Units
6 x K'Daai Fireborn (280)

War Machines
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Skullcracker War Engine (200)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 122

12 minutes ago, BWG Cannonball said:

Hey Guys!

I have a small tournament coming up this weekend and I'll be bringing my Chaos Dwarves for the first time!  Here's the list I'm looking at running.  The only other possibility I was thinking was taking out the Iron Daemon Engine, increasing the Ironsworn to 30, putting in an extra Daemonsmith, and a couple  endless spells.  What do you guys...

This is pretty much the list I've run, but with one less magma (only have 1 model). If you're looking to move things around, I've found that running at least 3 bull centaurs has worked well in the past, they give us some speed and dish out some damage. Depending on the armies you fight, having three wizards with Draz and two daemonsmiths might be a bit overkill. Draz gets two dispels, and can be quite useful. If you increase the iron sworn to 30, you might consider adding a BSB in the mix, they're pretty useful now.

8 minutes ago, Lobeau said:

This is pretty much the list I've run, but with one less magma (only have 1 model). If you're looking to move things around, I've found that running at least 3 bull centaurs has worked well in the past, they give us some speed and dish out some damage. Depending on the armies you fight, having three wizards with Draz and two daemonsmiths might be a bit overkill. Draz gets two dispels, and can be quite useful. If you increase the iron sworn to 30, you might consider adding a BSB in the mix, they're pretty useful now.

Thanks much!  I've been debating back and forth on getting a BSB model.  Also, what's your thoughts on the Castellan?  From my understanding they aren't worth it.

Just now, BWG Cannonball said:

Thanks much!  I've been debating back and forth on getting a BSB model.  Also, what's your thoughts on the Castellan?  From my understanding they aren't worth it.

In smaller point games the castellan has worked pretty decent for me, his command ability is nice but limited by his short movement and the abilitys range, and he's been surprisingly resilient in the games I've taken him and got into combat.

Definitely don't swap out an Iron Daemon for a Deathshrieker!  The rocket just isn't very good.  Iron Daemon is pretty good, though not as good as 20 Fireglaives usually unless you get lucky with tons of shots and good hitting.  

If you want to get the more Ironsworn, don't take the Deathshrieker and instead get an Exalted Flamer for an ally.  

17 hours ago, Ben said:

I played last night.  The list was really fun but I think it needs a little something else.  Probably some more bodies as I was using the fireglaives for that role.  

Drazhoath The Ashen
Daemonsmith
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk

Grotesque 
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk
Gryph-feather Charm 

3 x K'Daai Fireborn 
Warpfire Dragon 
Magma Cannon 
Magma Cannon 
Skullcracker War Engine

2000pts

The Warpfire Dragon is probably the unit that I can swap out.  I Its a nice unit but didn't really do much.  I felt the army as a whole struggled with lack of retools so i'm considering a BSB in there too Its tough to fit it all in.  Maybe swap the dragon for more fireglaives?  I'm not sure at the moment.  

Another thing is that all my infantry is on 32mm bases.  I feel that I could swap them to 25mm and get a bit more mileage from them.  

I'd get rid of the dragon for second iron daemon an swap a unit of fire glavesforbsb, 

17 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Definitely don't swap out an Iron Daemon for a Deathshrieker!  The rocket just isn't very good.  Iron Daemon is pretty good, though not as good as 20 Fireglaives usually unless you get lucky with tons of shots and good hitting.  

If you want to get the more Ironsworn, don't take the Deathshrieker and instead get an Exalted Flamer for an ally.  

Thanks much!  Do you think it would be a big hit to drop the Ironsworn from 30 to 20?  I don't have an Exalted Flamer so I wouldn't be able to swap that in unfortunately and I only own 20 Fireglaives currently.

I don't think the Ironsworn suffer much from the model count drop.  Bravery wise they'll still be in good shape with an icon/banner in there and 20 models.  Attack wise it's tough to get even 20 little guys all in melee range, much less 30, and that's still plenty of spite shielding to bounce death back to the enemy :D

As for the Exalted Flamer, I was just thinking if you wanted an equally shooty unit as the Deathshrieker that would suffice.  However I wouldn't discount the benefits of either a Castellan or Infernal Guard Standard Bearer.  The Castellan could be given the Thermalrider Cloak of Aqshy to help get him into ability range for turn 2.  The Standard Bearer is great for general melee buffing with a big aura of rerolling 1s to wound in combat, also adding 1 to bravery for Azgorh within 18".  Pretty good for 100 points I think, and the aura makes up for his slowness.

Edited by Lord Krungharr

On 12/13/2018 at 3:35 PM, BWG Cannonball said:

Hey Guys!

I have a small tournament coming up this weekend and I'll be bringing my Chaos Dwarves for the first time!  Here's the list I'm looking at running.  The only other possibility I was thinking was taking out the Iron Daemon Engine, increasing the Ironsworn to 30, putting in an extra Daemonsmith, and a couple  endless spells.  What do you guys think?

List

I think your list is good. I have played a similar list in two tournaments with good results, 3/56 and 10/38. I would maybe skip one daemonsmith and increase the infernal guard to 30 and get an endless spell. I would keep the train. I would also prefer a minus 1 to hit artifact on the general. Minus 2 to hit is too good to ignore IMO.

On 12/14/2018 at 12:44 AM, Moogoodoo said:

I'd get rid of the dragon for second iron daemon an swap a unit of fire glavesforbsb, 

The Dragon replaced the Iron Deamon!  I put him in for a change of list.  I think it has some legs as an extra combat unit for relatively cheap points.  Not as good as the Skullcracker, but fly is nice. 

• LOVE IT! 1

It’s much bigger than a iron daemon and that is a tight fit on 120x92 IMO. It will look like 1/3 of the scullcracker is crashing off the base. If someone have a picture it would be fun to see how it looks.

Edit: A picture of Ben’s scullcracker 

Edited by Andreas

I'm personally disregarding the base sizes.  No TO would argue against having artillery on a smaller base anyways, as you're limiting the platform in which to measure range from by a good inch or so.

Dreadquake and Skullcracker suggested sizes makes no sense, as 1/3 of the model (literally) will be hanging off of the base.

Magma Cannon and Deathshrieker fit comfortably on a 105mm oval (I used to use 90mm ovals which were too small).  I could deal with 120mm oval for the Magma Cannon, but the Deathshrieker is very small.

• Like 1