AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

18 hours ago, Drazhoath said:

Thank you!

These conversion looks pretty Chaos Dwarvish...cool! But it could be difficult to bring it on a base that Is big enough?

You'd have it on a 105×90 the roller if glued right would move up or down aswell :) I can't take credit for this (But will happily steal it) I found it berried on chaos dwarf . com

Edited by Moogoodoo

3 hours ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Hi guys, looking at a progressive list I can start at 1000 and move upwards so I put together some list based on the minis I have and some input from here, 1000 actually is a blatent copy ?

Looking for some feedback before I start my first couple of games...

HaECVHrl.jpg

IOQJ4Ct.jpg

pM44ha7.jpg

I like the third one. A lot of fast units and in addition two magma cannons as threat units your enemy want to  destroy as soon as possible.

Edited by Drazhoath

After a bit of an absence from the game I just played 1500 pts of LoA against the dreaded Stormcast.
Absolute cracker of a game, we played focal points but the battle was decided on kills by the end of round two. I discovered that even Drazhoath cannot survive evocators for two turns, but his sacrifice set up a game winning charge from bull centaurs.

List was as follows:

Drazhoath

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk with Grotesque and Bazerak's Armour

Daemonsmith

20x Ironsworn

2x 10 Fireglaives

Iron Daemon + Magma Cannon best friend combo

3 Bull Centaurs

1460 total

Ironsworn did as they always do and tarpitted amazingly against liberators. I lost a unit of fireglaives to a very hungry stardrake early, but in exchange fired on said drake with the entire army and finished him with centaurs. Draz held the line where it mattered most while my Taur'ruk tore up the back field with that nasty defensive set up keeping him alive through two ballistas and some liberators. Centaurs were the big winner, making a combined charge into both the wounded drake and the last few evocators to kill my opponents big threats.

Artillery core was solid as usual, I struggle to ever justify taking an Iron Daemon without a Magma Cannon, they project great threat and are surprisingly mobile. If I had more Ironsworn models I would bump their unit up to 30 and re-arrange to compensate, but I gotta work with what I have! No endless spells this game, wanted to see how we function without them. 

Overall I think this list is damn solid, I have had success with it against Ironjawz, Stormcast, Kharadron Overlords, Seraphon and Khorne. Blackshard Armour remains one of the best abilities in the game, the extra durability is nuts!

• Like 1

Hey Guys!

I'm looking to start into the Legion of Azgorh and build on a list.  I'm looking to focus more on the Chaos Dwarves side of the army.  Tactically I'm looking at bare-minimum running at Hashut's Artillery Train and then possibly a Blackshard Warhost but I'm wondering if it's worth it.  Drops I know are always a thing to think of.

My overall buy list is:
Drazoath
Castellan
Standard Bearer
Daemonsmiths

40 Ironsworn

20 Fireglaives

2 Magma Cannons

Deathshrieker

Iron Daemon War Engine

Any other necessities you all are thinking of that would be good to start off with?

25 minutes ago, BWG Cannonball said:

Any other necessities you all are thinking of that would be good to start off with?

My recommendation would be to get a Tauruk. He is a strong choice to be your general. He hits hard and you can make him -2 to hit.

Other that that, if you can get hold of a skullcracker you want it in your list. Also 6 Kadai fireborns are a great unit.

And I am not a fan of 40 Ironsworns. I havn’t tried the warhost so maybe it works there, but to me it feels to slow.

Hi guys!!  Last tournament in spain was good for me with Legions of azgorh, First place.  Now i go to other in 1500 points. I want share my next roster.

Drazoath the ashen

Infernal guard castellan  general with grotesque and bazherak armor

Daemonsmith

30 ironsworn

10 fireglaives

10 fireglaives

1 iron daemon engine

1 skullcracker

1 magma canon

1500 points!    

• LOVE IT! 1

On 8/19/2018 at 12:41 AM, Ben said:

No big secret.  I emailed a list of interested people into GW and said please build some Skullcrackers!!!  

I’ve seen lots of people wondering about the Skullcrackers but not seen anyone saying they had contacted GW

Did you ever get any substantive replies to the email? Still got a bunch of people waiting for the day it comes back ?

On 6/28/2018 at 8:23 AM, Entombet said:

P_20180607_144754.jpg

What product is this? 

Also guys I am looking for some pics I think they were posted by @Ben of a fantastic army in Warhammer World (I think the quote was something like spotted some legion out in the wild) that used micro art studio bases, I love the idea but was curious to see bases for things like the Taurus...  I've been through the thread twice now and can't seem to find them anywhere? 

22 hours ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

What product is this? 

Also guys I am looking for some pics I think they were posted by @Ben of a fantastic army in Warhammer World (I think the quote was something like spotted some legion out in the wild) that used micro art studio bases, I love the idea but was curious to see bases for things like the Taurus...  I've been through the thread twice now and can't seem to find them anywhere? 

This one is selfmade.

• Like 1

Today I played against SE and bam...I totaly made it??

I played two TauRuks, one Deamon Smith, 30 Fireglaives, two Magmas and one Skullcrusher.

SE had one Aquilor, one Priest(?), 10 Liberators, 5 Hunters, 6 Raptors and 3 Padadors.

I lost only the Smith, one Magma and 6 Fireglaives before I destroyed his army.

unfortunaly my opponent bitchwined the whole time that the skullcracker Is to strong, the Tauruks are unfair and so on ? So I feel bad for winning. At my GW store are Forgeworld armies banned because they are too strong. Do you think so too? Are the LoA aspecialy Tauruks unfair?

11 hours ago, Drazhoath said:

Today I played against SE and bam...I totaly made it??

I played two TauRuks, one Deamon Smith, 30 Fireglaives, two Magmas and one Skullcrusher.

SE had one Aquilor, one Priest(?), 10 Liberators, 5 Hunters, 6 Raptors and 3 Padadors.

I lost only the Smith, one Magma and 6 Fireglaives before I destroyed his army.

unfortunaly my opponent bitchwined the whole time that the skullcracker Is to strong, the Tauruks are unfair and so on ? So I feel bad for winning. At my GW store are Forgeworld armies banned because they are too strong. Do you think so too? Are the LoA aspecialy Tauruks unfair?

Really? A Stormcast player moaning things are too strong is ironic ?

Please don't feel bad, it may just be a one off or a bad day for that player, I know a Nighthaunt player who plays a nearly impossible to beat army (so far...)  but he's still fun to play because he's not in it to win at all costs and does have fun the game that is going on (I know some people who still moan mind, can never change that) 

I'm very surprised to hear about Forgeworld armies banned at a GW store, I wonder how GW would feel about that, has anyone else been in this position before and know what GW official stance is?

Either way bud try not to feel too bad,  as Chaos Dwarfs we've been left out in the cold for so many years I personally would love to think we are over powered now, I'm sure we are not mind as if we were FW or not we would be dominating the tournament scene. That's not a scene I'm into or anywhere near however I do believe we are not winning all the tourneys out there 

Oh and thank @Charly2912 it was on another great and I manged to track them down. Thanks @Entombet I'll have to try and figure that one day, stick with my foam carry for now though until my army is built 

Edited by TeddyMadeMeDoIt

I notice not many run the Dreadquake mortar. 

As a collector it is an amazing mini I would love to have in the army but does it do that badly in games? I feel it may just be that the magma cannon is so much more effective in comparison with points and damage output etc

I'd like to ask why people don't run it? Is it bad all together or just bad in comparison? Or is it bad at all?

1 hour ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

As a collector it is an amazing mini I would love to have in the army but does it do that badly in games? I feel it may just be that the magma cannon is so much more effective in comparison with points and damage output etc

I'd like to ask why people don't run it? Is it bad all together or just bad in comparison? Or is it bad at all?

I think its not bad. The opposite of the Magma Cannon is, you make damage or not. Yesterday I shot four times but only one made damage (a five...yeah ?). The potential output of the Dreadquake is higher.

Probably I try one someday ??

On 10/27/2018 at 7:46 AM, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Really? A Stormcast player moaning things are too strong is ironic ?

Please don't feel bad, it may just be a one off or a bad day for that player, I know a Nighthaunt player who plays a nearly impossible to beat army (so far...)  but he's still fun to play because he's not in it to win at all costs and does have fun the game that is going on (I know some people who still moan mind, can never change that) 

I'm very surprised to hear about Forgeworld armies banned at a GW store, I wonder how GW would feel about that, has anyone else been in this position before and know what GW official stance is?

Either way bud try not to feel too bad,  as Chaos Dwarfs we've been left out in the cold for so many years I personally would love to think we are over powered now, I'm sure we are not mind as if we were FW or not we would be dominating the tournament scene. That's not a scene I'm into or anywhere near however I do believe we are not winning all the tourneys out there 

Oh and thank @Charly2912 it was on another great and I manged to track them down. Thanks @Entombet I'll have to try and figure that one day, stick with my foam carry for now though until my army is built 

Thank you!

I think it isnt usual for him to lose. He won four Games in a row against SE, Idoneth, Skaven and Khorne. He used the fact that I play a Forge World Army as an excuse for losing (Forge World Is op and so on).

Whatever. I learned that the Armour Trait Is heavy, Fireglaives shoot realy good and one good shooting phase with magmas can save the game.

1 hour ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

Apologies if this has been  asked already. I see the people LoA can ally in to their force, but is there any reliable information on what armies can take LoA as allies? I want to add some artillery to my Nurgle force.

Their ally list is:  Chaos Gargants, Everchosen, Khorne, Monsters of Chaos, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Slaves to Darkness, Tzeentch

On 10/27/2018 at 6:14 AM, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

I think it's just bad in comparison. It been adequate in the games I have used it in but it is inconsistent. The good is that it can pretty much shoot at anything you want and can do a lot of damage, but I have also had quite a few times when it did nothing. Since I dont play competitively I like bringing it anyway and it is a fun model, I dont regret getting one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

So it's reciprocal? I understand who they can take as allies, I just wondered if the list was the same in reverse.

Unfortunately not,  that list is from the point of view of running LoA and what we can add as yourside. If you are running Nurgle you'd have to refer to their Ally list... Nurgle can only ally Brayherd,  Chaos gargants, Everchosen, Khorne, monsters of Chaos, Slaanesh, slaves to darkness (no Tzeentch) and warherds. 

So from a rulebook point of view we are unfortunately excluded although I think any right minded person would think that it would go the other way too (why could we get them as allies but not then Ally with them) but if anyone ever says in not in the rulebook then they technically are right. Unless there is an FAQ I'm not aware of...

36 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

I think it's just bad in comparison. It been adequate in the games I have used it in but it is inconsistent. The good is that it can pretty much shoot at anything you want and can do a lot of damage, but I have also had quite a few times when it did nothing. Since I dont play competitively I like bringing it anyway and it is a fun model, I dont regret getting one.

Thank you @NemoVonUtopia I'm glad you say you don't regret it, for now I picked up an Iron Demon and Magma Canon but I think I have to pick up that amazing mini at some point