AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, Tanfew said:

It has potential but you'll find it to be quite hard to get objectives with. 4" even with a drummer run you can't really threaten much of the board and your guns aren't lethal enough to warrant them coming to you. Food for thought

Great shout, we've only just started playing objectives and stuff so hadn't been on my mind. Blocks or Iron do tend to be very slow ?

On 9/30/2018 at 8:48 PM, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

defending itself with spiteshields, ignores the first wound it takes cause we're ard as fu...

As stated above, mobility and objective grabbing...

in a 1.5k game it is tricky to have it all, set up positioning might help and denied flank. And always focus on victory points, even if that means ignoring one or even two objectives.

some scenarios might be more than tough on you.

Hey everyone, I'll be playing a few 1000 points games in the next weeks and I need help for the last points.

My list is currently 1 demonsmith, 2x10 ironsworn, 2 daemon engines and 2 magma cannons, which leaves 80 points free. My first draft of the list had 2x10 fireglaives but I really didn't know what to do with 60 points since I can't take 10 marauders anymore.

I was thinking about adding either 10 kairic acolytes as a meat shield, a chaos chariot (though it's way worse than the one with the gorebeast), a seeker chariot for the speed or the mask of Slaanesh. I'm not that interested in an additional CP since I don't have a command ability.

Edited by spenson

2 hours ago, spenson said:

Hey everyone, I'll be playing a few 1000 points games in the next weeks and I need help for the last points.

My list is currently 1 demonsmith, 2x10 ironsworn, 2 daemon engines and 2 magma cannons, which leaves 80 points free. My first draft of the list had 2x10 fireglaives but I really didn't know what to do with 60 points since I can't take 10 marauders anymore.

I was thinking about adding either 10 kairic acolytes as a meat shield, a chaos chariot (though it's way worse than the one with the gorebeast), a seeker chariot for the speed or the mask of Slaanesh. I'm not that interested in an additional CP since I don't have a command ability.

Third ten ironsworn

4 minutes ago, BWG Cannonball said:

Hey all,

Quick question with regards to Fireglaive and Ironsworn units.  Is a Deathmask required in the unit?  Just thinking I'd much rather just have a unit of 10 Fireglaives than swap one out with a pistol and axe.

Theres been debate about that in the past, its generally been agreed that running the 10 fireglavies is fine, especially in a friendly match or local competition. Typically when you explain to your enemy that they cost an arm and a leg for 10 fireglavies, then changed the wording and you'd have to shell out another $30 each for a deathmask model (which isn't even described as such in the pack of 3) they let it slide. In a competitive setting they might hark on that, but I'd talk to the organizer first and get a reasonable waiver for stupid wording.

9 minutes ago, BWG Cannonball said:

Hey all,

Quick question with regards to Fireglaive and Ironsworn units.  Is a Deathmask required in the unit?  Just thinking I'd much rather just have a unit of 10 Fireglaives than swap one out with a pistol and axe.

I too hope it isn't mandatory. It's a shame because we'd lose 'at least' (since the deathmask used to reroll 1's to hit) 1/10 of their firepower.

Edited by spenson

On 10/3/2018 at 11:09 PM, spenson said:

I too hope it isn't mandatory. It's a shame because we'd lose 'at least' (since the deathmask used to reroll 1's to hit) 1/10 of their firepower.

I think we are stuck with him... it says "the leader is called a xxxx" rather than how the standard and musician are worded as optional.... didn't flag that until now

5 minutes ago, Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed said:

I think we are stuck with him... it says "the leader is called a xxxx" rather than how the standard and musician are worded as optional.... didn't flag that until now

It all depends if there is a rule somewhere that states that a unit must have a leader. We all agree that the leader must be a deathmask with a crappy pistol

12 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

no, it just has the option of 1 in evry X models can be considered a deathmask but not compulsory.

I agree, deathmasks and other unit leaders are not compulsory, it's an option (that most people take for other units). I just wanted to write it in a way that maybe leads people to the same conclusion without ending up in a discussion that I don't realy care that much for. I don't run deathmasks but that is mainly beacuse i don't have the model and i don't think the model fit with a unit of fireglaves. I don't run a drummer or icon bearer either for the same reason. My Ironswarn on the other hand has a full command group.

Edited by Andreas

@Andreas totally agree.

It's a throwback to fantasy when a command unit (champion, standard, musician) was an auto include to get the benefits.

Champion s could take challenges for you, standards helped with bravery checks and misicians helped troops manoeuvre and move.

All boxes now have the option to make the three models out of the box contents but forgeworld always made it so you had to buy the command group separately.

I took legion of azgorh to a tournament this weekend. It was a quite competitive tournament with 40 players.

I played this list:

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh

Mortal Realm: Ghur

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)

- General

- Trait: Grotesque

- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm

Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)

- Artefact: Armour of Bazherak the Cruel

Daemonsmith (100)

20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (180)

10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)

10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)

6 x K'Daai Fireborn (280)

Skullcracker War Engine (200)

Iron Daemon War Engine (180)

Magma Cannon (140)

Magma Cannon (140)

Magma Cannon (140)

Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train (120)

A very short recap: I won 3 games and lost 2. I lost aganst a full on clan skyre gautfyre list on turn one and a really strong mixed order list in a very close game and I won against beasts of chaos, Ironjaws and pestilence. 

Edited by Andreas

9 hours ago, Drazhoath said:

I took the "body " of the Iron Deamon and put the legs of a Necron Triarch Stalker on it.

I want a more dynamic pose of the model so I took legs instead of wheels or sth.

IMG_2979.JPG

IMG_2980.JPG

Looks very wild wild West but I do like it :) I can't really tell how talking is ? It's an expensive conversion.  I was thinking of using this

Screenshot_20180908-232902_Chrome.jpg

7 hours ago, Moogoodoo said:

Looks very wild wild West but I do like it :) I can't really tell how talking is ? It's an expensive conversion.  I was thinking of using this

Screenshot_20180908-232902_Chrome.jpg

Thank you!

These conversion looks pretty Chaos Dwarvish...cool! But it could be difficult to bring it on a base that Is big enough?