Magma Cannon (140)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 127

• Like 2

On 9/4/2018 at 2:07 PM, Tanfew said:

The poor tauruk and bull renders look so small these days! Love the blend of old and new as well. Also, a second magma cannon wouldnt be a terrible idea. Looks fun :)

Thank you, I'm thinking of converting a skull cracker and getting another Magma. Also looking to get anouther 10 blunderbuss and another 10 axe men to make it 30. Do you guys use slaves to darkness I've got 20 goblins and 10 black orcs thinking of using them as warriors and marouders

1 hour ago, Blackspine said:

Anyone with tips on  Skull-Cracker assembly?

I'm thinking of sub-assembling it for ease of painting. 

I will take the body of the iron deamon, put the wheels off and take the legs of a necron triarch stalker instead.

Will load a picture up when it Is finished ?

1 hour ago, Blackspine said:

Anyone with tips on  Skull-Cracker assembly?

I'm thinking of sub-assembling it for ease of painting. 

I highly recommend painting then assembling the model, the going back to highlight and add some extra details as you see fit.

I personally found that spray coating the model with a black primer. Then spray coating it with leadbelcher followed by a pass of nuln oil and then agrax earthshade gave the model a very nice dirty/oily base and then added copper paint and edge highlights to pull it all together.

On the forgeworld model, where the side walls connect to the main body seem to be a bit of a weak spot integrity wise, my models glue has come undone there a few times with normal play/use and storage. Best of luck!

1030172338a.jpg

Edited by Lobeau
  • Like 2

Just had a fantastic game against nighthaunt. Our new allegiance abilities really punish an entire army of fast flyers.

The more I use drazhoath with his new scroll the more I like him. 

List was:

Drazhoath

Bull Centaur Tauruk with grotesque and the armour

20x Ironsworn 

10x Fireglaives

3x Bull Centaur Renders 

Emerald Lifeswarm 

Came out to 1k. The centaurs do work and the power of spiteshields is nuts. For a larger game I think I would add more fire glaives and some magma cannons with an iron daemon.

Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, Noomanator said:

Thoughts? 

I always found the blackshard armor trait totally bonkers. Really liked that „scratch that“ moment, especially after whipping my mortar crew.

But I think the ashstorm is really funny too, skyfires or bed-sheet-heads suddenly drop into rubbish and with the burning sky ability they can’t even race anywhere without stubbing a toe. Frustrating the enemy... never been more funny to be evil

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 11:00 AM, Noomanator said:

Just had a fantastic game against nighthaunt. Our new allegiance abilities really punish an entire army of fast flyers.

The more I use drazhoath with his new scroll the more I like him. 

List was:

Drazhoath

Bull Centaur Tauruk with grotesque and the armour

20x Ironsworn 

10x Fireglaives

3x Bull Centaur Renders 

Emerald Lifeswarm 

Came out to 1k. The centaurs do work and the power of spiteshields is nuts. For a larger game I think I would add more fire glaives and some magma cannons with an iron daemon.

Thoughts? 

Good job.  I'd drop 10 Ironsworn and the Lifeswarm to grab a unit of K'daai Fireborn.

I played a 3-game tournament (20 players) with the Legion this weekend.

It was only my secound to forth game with LoA but I think they worked really good.

I played this list:

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh
Mortal Realm: Ghur
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- General
- Trait: Grotesque 
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- Artefact: Armour of Bazherak the Cruel 
Daemonsmith (100)
20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (180)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)
Skullcracker War Engine (200)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train (120)
Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1

I lost my first game against nighthaunt in Better part of valour. He out droped me and deep striked his whole army and had more models than me so he managed to burn two of my objectives before I had my first turn.  It was a difficulty matchup for me on just that mission, I am not sure if there was anything I could have done to avoid him burning my objectives turn 1, other than him failing some of this charges.

The second game was against Nagash, 80 skellies, 30 graveguards and 2 necromancer. We played total commitment. I ignored Nagash and killed most of his other stuff a few times over and won the game.

The last game was against a pestilence army with 240! plague monks and three plague furnances. We played the relocation orb mission. I thought that I couldn't really win this match up. How do you kill all these rats when they swarm the table and the orb. But actually in the end I managed to kill maybe 200 rats and won the game. My general was holding the frontline almost by himself (he was -2 to hit in CC) while I shoot his rats to pieces.

My list was just what I had painted but for my next tournament I think I will drop 10 fireglaves and the bull centaurs render and take 6 K'Daai Fireborn. To get a bit more CC power and some more speed. Otherwise I think the list is very stong  (for a LoA-list).

IMG_20180915_143040.jpg

Edited by Andreas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's in scorched earth where you can only burn from turn 2 but I hope they change better part of valour also.

MVP were the magma cannons of course, but also the skullcracker. I had some insane rolls with the skullcracker's random attacks and he really cracked some skulls.

The tauruks are really good value and really hard to kill with my artifacts.

The Bull Centaurs are a bit too slow for what I want them to do so therefore I will change them (and 10 fireglaives) for 6 K'Daai and give that a try. I would like to be able to threathen objectives first turn so the opponent takes first turn and I might be able to shoot twice or at least not lose a double turn. That is also the main reason I take the formation (in addition to the artifact). To have 24"+10" threath range on my magmas and scare the opponent to go first. 

In two weeks time I am going to a two day tournament with 30-40 players. I will bring the LoA so it will be interesting to see how they perform. 

Edited by Andreas
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Andreas said:

It's in scorched earth where you can only burn from turn 2 but I hope they change better part of valour also.

MVP were the magma cannons of course, but also the skullcracker. I had some insane rolls with the skullcracker's random attacks and he really cracked some skulls.

The tauruks are really good value and really hard to kill with my artifacts.

The Bull Centaurs are a bit too slow for what I want them to do so therefore I will change them (and 10 fireglaives) for 6 K'Daai and give that a try. I would like to be able to threathen objectives first turn so the opponent takes first turn and I might be able to shoot twice or at least not lose a double turn. That is also the main reason I take the formation (in addition to the artifact). To have 24"+10" threath range on my magmas and scare the opponent to go first. 

In two weeks time I am going to a two day tournament with 30-40 players. I will bring the LoA so it will be interesting to see how they perform. 

Good job.  Hm, any reason in particular that you don't take Drazhoath?  He fills that "mobility" gap you have in your list that you want to fill with K'daai.  

6 minutes ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Good job.  Hm, any reason in particular that you don't take Drazhoath?  He fills that "mobility" gap you have in your list that you want to fill with K'daai.  

The first reason is that I have him built but not painted. 

But other than that. Since I have two artifacts I really want to run two Tauruks to make most use of the artifacts in the new scenarios. So if I also run Draz I would have to drop the 6 kadaii but then I need to drop 40 pt more so I have to change 20 ironswron for 10 fireglaves.

So it comes down to if I think 6 kadaii and 10 dudes are better than draz. Hmm they hit harder, they can take more damage, I get an extra screen, they are both fast, draz is a wizard. I think the kadaii is the better choice but I am not sure, I have to test both.

If I on the other hand drop the formation, then I need to drop one Tauruk, (a Tauruk without an artifact seems pointless), they I get some points over for draz and I can also run some kadaii, like your list above. That could be an alternative. I think both are ok. What you loose is the range on the magmas, the lower number of drops due to the formation, and some CC power (3 kadaii and a tauruk  > draz) in exchange for a fast flying wizard.

Just now, Andreas said:

But other than that. Since I have two artifacts I really want to run two Tauruks to make most use of the artifacts in the new scenarios. So if I also run Draz I would have to drop the 6 kadaii but then I need to drop 40 pt more so I have to change 20 ironswron for 10 fireglaves.

So it comes down to if I think 6 kadaii and 10 dudes are better than draz. Hmm they hit harder, they can take more damage, I get an extra screen, they are both fast, draz is a wizard. I think the kadaii is the better choice but I am not sure, I have to test both.

If I on the other hand drop the formation, then I need to drop one Tauruk, (a Tauruk without an artifact seems pointless), they I get some points over for draz and I can also run some kadaii, like your list above. That could be an alternative. I think both are ok. What you loose is the range on the magmas, the lower number of drops due to the formation, and some CC power (3 kadaii and a tauruk  > draz) in exchange for a fast flying wizard.

Hm, 6 K'daai sure can do some damage, but they aren't as fast, lack rend to punch through some armor (although they have a TON of attacks), and yes, Drazhoath is a Wizard with a nice d6 mortal wound unique spell.  If you ever happen to play games with realm rules/spells, he can really exploit some of the defensive/offensive buffing spells that a smaller wizard on foot would use.

Great job though, and I like your paint scheme.   Keep us updated on how your tournament goes!  I still have to get used to the new rules/meta, but I know we can compete just as well as we could last year, if not better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Hm, 6 K'daai sure can do some damage, but they aren't as fast, lack rend to punch through some armor (although they have a TON of attacks), and yes, Drazhoath is a Wizard with a nice d6 mortal wound unique spell.  If you ever happen to play games with realm rules/spells, he can really exploit some of the defensive/offensive buffing spells that a smaller wizard on foot would use.

Great job though, and I like your paint scheme.   Keep us updated on how your tournament goes!  I still have to get used to the new rules/meta, but I know we can compete just as well as we could last year, if not better.

Yes I have to try him also. But I think that the Kdaai is quite fast. I don't have that many option to use my command points so I could easily use one point turn 1 to run the kdaai 6" and also maybe use the other command point to reroll the charge if necessary. It should be enough speed for a consistant first turn threath I think since the distance is often 18" in the new scenarios. I have to try it in practice. 

Edited by Andreas

55 minutes ago, Charlo said:

Great job in the battles and that is a lovely looking photo.

Nagash is terrifying! But that artillery train moreso!

Got any other pics of your army/ the battles?

I don't have that many pictures but I will take more at the next tournament.

But this is against  240! rats. Before and after. :P I think it is at the end of turn 2.

IMG-20180915-WA0010.jpeg

IMG_20180915_182533.jpg

The blue marker is the orb.

Edited by Andreas
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Andreas said:

Scary thing with Drazhoath is that his cc kills mostly dont come from him hitting stuff but from stuff hitting him. I had game where celestant prime and lord on stardrake killed themselfs

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 11:36 AM, Entombet said:

Scary thing with Drazhoath is that his cc kills mostly dont come from him hitting stuff but from stuff hitting him. I had game where celestant prime and lord on stardrake killed themselfs

Exactly.  I mostly use him for putting out mortal wounds and the crazy multi-damage hits on support heroes, or to tie up shooters.  I wish he flew 16", but 15" is good enough.

Hello all, 

I have had many questions regarding Blackshard warhost and the movement rules.  I have asked people in my local gaming group and here on the Main forums and they seem to agree that a pile in does not constitute a "move in the same turn," thus granting us the re-roll 1's and + to bravery.  However, that is counter to what I have heard in this forum.  Soooooo.......I am not sure how to take this.  Has there been a FAQ on this?

-Marco 

8 hours ago, Marcoangelo33 said:

Hello all, 

I have had many questions regarding Blackshard warhost and the movement rules.  I have asked people in my local gaming group and here on the Main forums and they seem to agree that a pile in does not constitute a "move in the same turn," thus granting us the re-roll 1's and + to bravery.  However, that is counter to what I have heard in this forum.  Soooooo.......I am not sure how to take this.  Has there been a FAQ on this?

-Marco 

I have only played a game with the legion, but to me the word "move" means any move. It's important to remember though that it's per model, not the unit, so if some models don't need to pile in to be in range, keep track of them. This is similar to other abilities that restict moves, like from kurnoth hunters. 

Also the bravery boost is not only given if the unit doesn't move. They just get +1 for being in the battalion. So if you have a standard bearer, and they are within range of the icon, they should have 9 bravery, almost up to demon level.

I played league game yesterday against mix of kharadrons and dwarfs, first timer against kharadrons. He had frigate, brokk, 2 heroes, 3x10 foot shooters, 2x5 of some baloon guys, runlord and 40 dwarfs warriors. It not started well, i lost 30 ironsworn and 10 fireglaves and was 0-6 on objectives. Later tau'ruk deleted his 10 shooters from one far off objective, skullcraker paid off for the first time killing together with irondeamon 10 shooters, and later alone runsmiter and with kdaai 40 warriors. Draz done nothing this time apart holding off one baloon guys for 2 turns and running out on 2 wounds left. Magmas with iron deamon and what was left from fireglaves finished all kharadron heroes, frigate and kharadron units. Game ended with my major win and 2000-540 on kill points.

Edited by Entombet
  • Like 1

Hey guys, wanted to try and make use of the Blackshard Warhost, a block of iron with high bravey of 8 (with standard + warhost) that dishes out wounds whilst it's defending itself with spiteshields, ignores the first wound it takes cause we're ard as fu... and rerolling hit rolls of 1's (warhost) with maybe adding 1 to wounds rolls too (for 1 unit with the Castellan command ability)

Do around this block of iron which includes the standard and Castellan I have the Fireglaves to either shoot into whatever its fighting or defend the flanks, a Demonsmith hanging out with the deathrocket diving it 4 attacks instead of 3 hopefully firing on squads of more than 5 to get the 3's and 3's to hit and wound. I also gave the Demonsmith Soulsnare Shackles to put around the artillery piece and slow down anything coming too close.

All the while Draz makes the awesome bravery 8 a plan B but mainly to fly around the enemy lines and snipe what he needs to or cause enough cause for the block or Iron to make it up to the lines 

cbwI83V.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Hey guys, wanted to try and make use of the Blackshard Warhost, a block of iron with high bravey of 8 (with standard + warhost) that dishes out wounds whilst it's defending itself with spiteshields, ignores the first wound it takes cause we're ard as fu... and rerolling hit rolls of 1's (warhost) with maybe adding 1 to wounds rolls too (for 1 unit with the Castellan command ability)

Do around this block of iron which includes the standard and Castellan I have the Fireglaves to either shoot into whatever its fighting or defend the flanks, a Demonsmith hanging out with the deathrocket diving it 4 attacks instead of 3 hopefully firing on squads of more than 5 to get the 3's and 3's to hit and wound. I also gave the Demonsmith Soulsnare Shackles to put around the artillery piece and slow down anything coming too close.

All the while Draz makes the awesome bravery 8 a plan B but mainly to fly around the enemy lines and snipe what he needs to or cause enough cause for the block or Iron to make it up to the lines 

cbwI83V.jpg

It has potential but you'll find it to be quite hard to get objectives with. 4" even with a drummer run you can't really threaten much of the board and your guns aren't lethal enough to warrant them coming to you. Food for thought