AoS 2 - Legion Of Azgorh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Hello All,

I really think I want a Skullcracker Engine. I am struggling for a conversion. What do you think about doing something similar to this, http://www.coolminiornot.com/373689? I think I would do the horns on the head differently, but I think it could work. Does anyone have any insight on the base/size comparison of the actualy Engine model and this Forgefiend?

I believe that model is far bigger than the skull cracker.  That model is a bit wider than the Stonehorn. 

in friendly games that may work, but considering how powerful the Skullcracker is, I don't think many people would let that fly in matched play/ competitive.

My opinion? That's just a model proxied as a different one. You'd have to do a TON of work to make it a passable conversion.  Given that the GHB now states that proxies are at the discretion of both players, this could be pretty hazardous. (I'd probably say 'no' to this in matched play) 

This would be an expensive route as well. I think you can make something out of bits, chains and some work. You can do this! Just gotta think outside the box.

I'd definitely put my hand up. Been thinking of kitbashing one with an Iron Demon Engine, taking the cannonades off  and combine with the deffrolla from the battlewagon, or fashion up a harness for the arms from a deff dread or killa kan

• Like 1

I'd certainly go for a Skullcraker (tell them everybody wants it back Ben ?) always on my list of to buys but not a chance now unless get lucky on eBay or such

They remind me so much of the old Whirlwinds and Tenderisers of old, GW did a great job of adapting those and the dreaded Earthshaker

I like the idea of running execution herd, may play about with a list or two to post tomorrow 

Edited by TeddyMadeMeDoIt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackspine said:

I believe that model is far bigger than the skull cracker.  That model is a bit wider than the Stonehorn. 

in friendly games that may work, but considering how powerful the Skullcracker is, I don't think many people would let that fly in matched play/ competitive.

My opinion? That's just a model proxied as a different one. You'd have to do a TON of work to make it a passable conversion.  Given that the GHB now states that proxies are at the discretion of both players, this could be pretty hazardous. (I'd probably say 'no' to this in matched play) 

This would be an expensive route as well. I think you can make something out of bits, chains and some work. You can do this! Just gotta think outside the box.

Lol i don't have any bits that would work. I don't think I can really kit base it without buying a bunch of different stuff that would basically cost as much as a model.

I would love to buy one :) or two or three :) 

14 hours ago, Ben said:

Out of interest, how many people want a Skullcracker??

Me and I think a ton of others. Here's a poll that has it in the top 3: https://strawpoll.com/kbs7ddr3

If you can pull some strings and somehow get it returned or at least show them we want it that'd be amazing. If they're worried about people returning it because of breakage they should just make a plastic sprue with all of the fiddly bits on it.

The timing was unfortunate, with 2nd edition it would have had 10x the sales. Same with all of the old FW stuff we've lost.

Edited by cash4u
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I spent 280 on legion earlier this week - I’d probsbly opt in for a skull cracker as well 

That reminds me, a lot of people are hesitant to spend money on the Legion of Azgorh now that we've lost a unit. Re-adding it would reassure everyone and make those who are reluctant to pull the trigger pull it.

• Like 1

Making a skullcracker would be fun and shoild not be expensive

I would  aim th make 3 ( stay with me).

1. Buy 3 Bull centaur renders,  these would each push a renderizer/ whirlwind

2. Wheels can be made nicely from plastic milk bottle tops. There is a tutorial over at cdo. They look great with 8 pointed chaos star covering rough spokes. Depending on design 6-12 of them.

3. Get a ser of cog molds from greenstuff world (I think it is them)). Make lots of cogs!

4. The fun begins! You can make a ‘metal’ supporting skeleton from sprues or plasticard with gs rivets or there are riveted plare molds. Then the smashy bits.... cheap chains fixed in shapevby dribbling superglue and whatever balls knives mace heads you like (raid that nits box or hit ebay). I built a steampunk version with a wrecking ball. A good place to look for bits are 40k space ork machines on ebay these can be cheap particularly as you are mot fussed if they are intact! You could and platforms for cds or engine bits from space orks. Fill your boots

You could end up with 3 skillcrackers for about £70 I guess. 

Plus would fit with an execution herd!

Of course if you are wondering why I have not followed my advice..... saving for bull centaurs!

• Like 2

I don't really buy the story of the mold breaking to be honest. I'm no expert but as far as I can see, all of the parts that would've broken are small and should be easy to resculpt or reproduce, considering it's basically an Iron Daemon conversion kit.

• Like 1

On the topic of wish-listing, what other models would you like to see forgeworld release for the LoA?

I personally would love to see an additional k'daai unit, either a hero that supports the firesworn or a monster (not necessarily the destroyer but it would be nice).  Mainly because I love the k'daai and have a large unit of them, but also for the option of a new warscroll battalion. Something along the lines of "one daemonsmith, one (insert new k'daai model), and 1 or 2 unit of fireborn" 

Edited by Qrow

K'daii Destroyer would be a cool reboot. His old work-in-progress sculpt was remade to be Skaarac the Bloodborn who's great and all but he isn't for us. Ironsworn with great weapons, more Bull Centaur support - 2 more sets of 3 Renders for more poses, maybe with some great weapon support too. Maybe a Lammasu or another Bale Taurus, either the old one sold separately again or a new one.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cash4u said:

K'daii Destroyer would be a cool reboot. His old work-in-progress sculpt was remade to be Skaarac the Bloodborn who's great and all but he isn't for us. Ironsworn with great weapons, more Bull Centaur support - 2 more sets of 3 Renders for more poses, maybe with some great weapon support too. Maybe a Lammasu or another Bale Taurus, either the old one sold separately again or a new one.

Ironsworn with great weapons would be amazing.  I also forgot about the hailshot blunderbuss, would be cool to see them back again.

41 minutes ago, Lobeau said:

I was really hoping they'd release a 2h weapon conversion for the renders. A iron sworn 2h conversion kit would be amazing as well. A new hero would be dope.

Safe to say that  these are all tricks they've missed big time, especially now that the legion is gathering momentum.

The skullcracker was always a pig of a model, but a remastering or re-imagining would be all the awesome.