AoS 2 - Clan Pestilens Discussion

Gaz Taylor

On 7/18/2019 at 8:24 AM, Kraxriket said:

Since allies don't count when calculating battlelines then I should be able to ally other skaventide units in a pestilens army. This whole rule of "all units must be pestilens" don't apply to the allied units and scroll builder shows this as well.

The question then is whether or not they get to benefit from the skaventide allegiance. Say I ally some ratling guns and a warlock engineer, will they get the skryre warp sparks? They have the correct keyword so really it should not be a problem, right?

Sadly no. Skaven cant ally in other skaven units. The only keyword they can ally with is nurgle. 

If you add the ratling gun and warlock you will need clanrats for battleline.

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2019 at 12:44 PM, PraetorDragoon said:

Has anyone tried to run a clans pestilens list in meeting engagements? 

Did you give it a go at all?

I haven't yet, but I've been planning a list for a campaign I'm running next month:

They're Clan Septik rather than pure pestilence, hence all the clanrats.

Main Body:
Plague Priest on furnace
Clawlord
20 clanrats
10 plague monks
5 Plague Censer Bearers

Spearhead
Plague priest
10 stormvermin
10 Plague monks

Rearguard
20 clanrats

I was surprised how much you can cram into 1000pts, let me know your thoughts.

Edited by Ahriman

2 hours ago, Fluxlord said:

Good to see some activity. I just picked up skaven pestilens and have been ploughing through these pages here to get me some insights in the army besides the book and warscrolls.

@AhrimanHow do you play this army? As a masterclan?

Its a purely "Skaventide" list, so isn't bound by any of the Clans due to needing to have the Clanrats and Stormvermin (lore wise).

But means I have some really cheap screening units and objective grabbers with the Clanrats, while my Plague Monks get their hands dirty chopping things up.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems like I haven't been on this thread in awhile.  What are some of your experiences with Pestilens at 1000 pts?  I've recently went back to my Nurgle roots, but I'm thinking about keeping a 1000 pt Pestilens army.  I still love playing them, but I grow tired of moving so many plague monks during a 2k game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 7:59 PM, dclandis said:

It seems like I haven't been on this thread in awhile.  What are some of your experiences with Pestilens at 1000 pts?  I've recently went back to my Nurgle roots, but I'm thinking about keeping a 1000 pt Pestilens army.  I still love playing them, but I grow tired of moving so many plague monks during a 2k game.

I've played a lot with my Pestilens at 1k, using a Furnace & Verminlord Corruptor with 40 Monks and 30 Monks. That's 1k on the dot.

I haven't played since the Monks took the warscroll rewrite which essentially halved their attacks, though I found the force to be fairly killy before then. You want to really charge the Monks in to delete units and reduce the casualties they'd take in hitting first, otherwise the numbers they have as a horde are pretty decent for holding objectives. Their save is bad, though usually their Bravery getting the Skaven buff keeps them steady.

The Plague Furnace is surprisingly killy and the number of Monks you'll have near it should allow it to move easily. Though even if you ditch it and leave it sitting near an objective to claim, I found in play it can be tough to shift just as it'll throw so many attacks at anything that comes near it. Make sure to rabid-rabid prayer whichever Monks are close enough to get it.

Verminlord acts as your Wizard to counter-spell and I've liked to keep him near a gnawhole close to deployment and only really come forth toward the end-game to plaguereaper something that needs it.

• 2 months later...

So, I play Nurgle. So the leep to Pestilens aint that far. 

So im wondering IF anyone could share a 2000p pure Pestilens list? I just wanna play for fun. Or could you make pure Pestilens remotely competetive? 

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, Dejnar said:

So, I play Nurgle. So the leep to Pestilens aint that far. 

So im wondering IF anyone could share a 2000p pure Pestilens list? I just wanna play for fun. Or could you make pure Pestilens remotely competetive? 

Thanks! 

Yes, but you’ll need to start with owning at least 160Plague monks, to either consider joining the competitive or just for fun scene.

put a few plague furnaces into the army and take one of those special battalions, and your all set for live.

as for plague claw catapults and censer bearers, your better of never using them in a competitive game, since they are just too over costed, and can’t really keep up with the typical plague monks in anyway.

In a fun list they might give you some diversity, although not really great either, to be used in.