AoS 2 - Clan Pestilens Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Has anyone got a list of what was lost/gained compared to before?

Well, something that significantly changed with the foetid blades of the plague monks, is that that you now can reroll any hitrolls you want, instead of failed hit rolls, which is big when this fellow plagued rats get a debuff on their hit role.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

On 2/6/2019 at 12:34 PM, AIdenNicol444 said:

then you shall be punished for your perfidy, the only allies skaven can trust are other skaven. And even then its pushing it.

Um, they still have the Nurgle keyword, and you can put as many Pestilens models as you want in your nurgle army (You still need Nurgle Battleline)

You can not include non-Pestilens Nurgle units into a Skaven army, though. But I don't think anyone was really trying to do that. 

5 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Um, they still have the Nurgle keyword, and you can put as many Pestilens models as you want in your nurgle army (You still need Nurgle Battleline)

You can not include non-Pestilens Nurgle units into a Skaven army, though. But I don't think anyone was really trying to do that. 

I know, that comment predates the release of the new warscrolls, which I have by the way reviewed in their entirety over on AOS Shorts if you're interested. 

20 minutes ago, AIdenNicol444 said:

I imagine the Plague Scroll will just be very similar to before, a once-per-game activation. I like that they're keeping those to the unit leader only to be honest, the banner providing double damage on 6s makes me so hard i can hear the Dark Souls soundtrack coming from my pants.

The book doesn't seem to be single use, huge potential for MW spamming there imo

2 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

my bad. Already read your review by the way, thanks! 

No problem man, i have a mega pestilens primer in the pipeline covering every model from how best to equip them, how to paint them easily, a review of their rules, how they work in  a larger army, the works. This thing is a monster and my goal is to drop it on Saturday when the book releases.

• LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, AIdenNicol444 said:

No problem man, i have a mega pestilens primer in the pipeline covering every model from how best to equip them, how to paint them easily, a review of their rules, how they work in  a larger army, the works. This thing is a monster and my goal is to drop it on Saturday when the book releases.

Link so us uninformed masses can keep an eye out?

The scroll does appear to be missing from the pdf in the store page as well as the app, unfortunately. The pdf warscroll card doesn't even mention it, whereas the app mentions it but doesn't provide details. I'm afraid I think the book is the only option now. That said, plague monks getting access to the clanrats old +1/+1 size rule more than makes up for it.