AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Here is the new thread for discussing Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath. With the imminent release of AoS 2 (and a lot of the info already being out there), now is the time for us to start afresh on TGA.

Moving forward, this will be the main thread to chat about and discuss Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath in the new edition. I still wholly encourage people to keep their own threads/army blogs within this sub forum and I also think those are a great place to share some photos as I know not everyone frequents the Painting & Modelling section. But this thread is purely for discussion around the faction, things such as (but not limited to) tactics and list building etc. You all know the drill, we've been doing it on this forum since inception!

For newer players, I would say the older thread could still be worth perusal and whilst it is now locked for further replies, you can find it here - http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/17720-lets-chat-the-slaves-to-darkness-dark-oath/

Really excited to see what we can come up with as a community and I look forward to reading all your ideas and thoughts.

• Like 1

• Chris Tomlin changed the title to AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion
2 minutes ago, Roark said:

I've always used them in 40s anyway. :-)

I think it's a good value unit for 200 if you can mitigate battleshock or give them a ward save.

Just finished converting my first 10 of the 20, they are so old models that they look bad next to everything so i had to do many head swaps, and add extra beards and fur and skulls on their shoulders. By the time i buy another 20, convert them and paint them, i bet official Darkoath might have been released and i will feel bad for not waiting patiently for them, haha. ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Any rumours on changes to the allegiance ability or points?

Shrine -20 to 160

Lord of Chaos +40 to 140 (free apotheosis to Daemon Prince, free Spawn upon death)

Marauders now minimum 20

Improvements to Chaos Lord on Manticore warscroll (Marks abilities)

1 hour ago, Hounsou83 said:

Lord on manticore improved?  Will it be on gh 2018? 

He will be valid for Matched Play (points in GHB3) but I don't know when the warscroll changes will happen, or even whether it's certain. I'm only going off things the designers have hinted at over the past month or so. 

2 hours ago, Roark said:

He will be valid for Matched Play (points in GHB3) but I don't know when the warscroll changes will happen, or even whether it's certain. I'm only going off things the designers have hinted at over the past month or so. 

ah ok! so nothing certain! We will wait for the slave to darkness battltome! but this is not the day!

Hi, gonna ask an incredibly naive question (?) but in the absence of a Slaves to Darkness Battletome, and because my Khorne force needs a little heavy metal in the ranks, can I use my Chaos Warriors and Chaos Knights but with a Khorne allegiance and use them not as allies (in other words, as Khorne battleline)?

Or would they still come under Slaves to Darkness for Matched Play and part of my allies allocation? ?

30 minutes ago, Mcthew said:

Hi, gonna ask an incredibly naive question (?) but in the absence of a Slaves to Darkness Battletome, and because my Khorne force needs a little heavy metal in the ranks, can I use my Chaos Warriors and Chaos Knights but with a Khorne allegiance and use them not as allies (in other words, as Khorne battleline)?

Or would they still come under Slaves to Darkness for Matched Play and part of my allies allocation? ?

All Khorne marked models are Khorne units and can be a part of a Khorne allegiance (same with other gods).

However Slaves to Darkness sepcific Battleline ARE NOT Battleline for any other army.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

All Khorne marked models are Khorne units and can be a part of a Khorne allegiance (same with other gods).

However Slaves to Darkness sepcific Battleline ARE NOT Battleline for any other army.

Brill, that’s good news, as I don’t need these specifically as battleline. Thanks muchly

Hello ! 

This friday night i'm going to play a 1000 pt tournament and i will go with this list,  what do you think? We will use the AoS 2 rules ( endless spells and so on )

- chaos lord on manticore of khorne with lance and chaos sword -1 to hit in hth and 5+Save Vs mortal wounds

- 15 chaos warriors with shield mok 

- 15 chaos warriors with shield mok

- allied Tzeentch Magister 

- aethervoid pendulum 

The idea is running those two units of CW alongside the chaos lord , do not use the first turns any command Points to Hit hard later using the chaos lord command ability  while i try with the Magister to spawn some spawns in the enemy ranks!  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Killax said:

Hi guys did anything happen to Chaos Knights points?

Nope, same as in GH 2017.

The only StD units that saw points changes are the Chaos Warshrine -20  and Lord of Chaos +40.

They also seem to have just copy pasted the ally tables from last year's General's Handbook into the new one. Slaves to Darkness still can't take Monsters of Chaos as allies which doesn't make sense lore-wise or game-wise. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cplhicks said:

I am so disappointed about the Monsters of Chaos  ally thing!!  I bought a Jabberslythe and suffered through building that darn thing in hopes GW would come to it's senses. 

Just play in the realm of beasts and use it as a neutral monster  - not the best solution, but at least it'll hit the table that way!

56 minutes ago, CyderPirate said:

Just play in the realm of beasts and use it as a neutral monster  - not the best solution, but at least it'll hit the table that way!

I figure I can always mark all my guys as Nurgle and run them as Maggotkin or just use Grand Alliance Chaos.  It just messes with my battleline choices when I do that.  I also just want to play pure StD lol. 

On 6/26/2018 at 3:27 AM, HMB said:

Chaos Lord with free Demon Prince upgrade will be so interesting

Oh yeah, I am all looking at running 2 or 3 lords in my lists.  Feels like the other guy will have to spend time trying to keep their generals away from.  They are actually fairly competent melee combatants to boot!

33 minutes ago, Cambot1231 said:

Can Chaos Warriors still count as battleline for Khorne, Tzeentch, slaanesh specific armies? (Are they now only StD battleline?)

Chaos Warriors and Chaos Marauders are sill generic Chaos battleline in General's Handbook 2018 so they can be count for it in these armies.

Marauder Horsemen, Chaos Knights and Chaos Chariots (with Horses) are Slaves to Darkness specific Battleline.