AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I don’t really have a proper STD army(mostly just models from Nurgle and Tzeentch armies that I like to pretend work together), but I’m excited. I love the Warcry models and if half of the new art/models(?) show the diversity present in the war bands then we’re in for quite a treat. Plus it’s about time chaos took the stage again.

Nevertheless we should also embrace the chance that it may be a Tome and Spells release only, with Warcry beeing the only source of new models. All signs currently point at this type of release so we should be aware of this.

Please concider reflecting your expectations in case the upcoming tease will not satisfy you. There is plently of room to get upset as expectations may be high after 5 years of waiting for a tome. Nevertheless reflecting your expectations allows you to share with us a deeper insight in what your expectations were, giving a good starting point for a constructive discussion.

• Like 1

I personally don’t need new models, but it would be cool to get a couple new kits.

my biggest wishes for the new tome is to update:

Archaon power level (like +1 more Rend and attacks always rend something like this and he’d be perfect)

benefits to units that don’t pick a god

not have every buff be the same between the buffing units (Chaos Lord/Daemonic Steed/Warshrine/Army Abilities)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Overread said:

Rumour from someone at Dakka - new warriors and new lord on a beasty - from someone at the event itself. 

Darn it where is TGA's spy in the events?! 

Double edged sword, I'm sure those will be awesome but just got my set of Warriors and Chaos Lord on Manticore =/ hahaha 

2 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

Double edged sword, I'm sure those will be awesome but just got my set of Warriors and Chaos Lord on Manticore =/ hahaha 

I'm in the same boat...and I like my warriors. I expected something else, but I admit that those warriors show their age.

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

I'm in the same boat...and I like my warriors. I expected something else, but I admit that those warriors show their age.

Yeah the sculpts themselves are good but they're definitely a little boring pose-wise. But, still, pretty sure I can still use mine so it's not a huge loss or anything, just a little envious! 

26 minutes ago, Overread said:

Lord on Manticore is very unlikely to vanish. More likely if the new lord is mounted its replacing the finecast lord on a horse. 

So you think it'll replace this one instead of the Manticore one? I can kinda see it based on the looks of the revealed model 

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Lord-on-Daemonic-Mount-2016

I started playing WHFB with Warriors of Chaos when that was still a thing, I still have that army.

Then these resculpts pop up, I am INSTANTLY in love. Looks like my second army has been chosen for me!

Edited by AresX8
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Now the big question: how will those new warriors/knights will mix with old ones???

I feel like they HAVE to, unless they like really change up the weapon profiles or something? The old ones will definitely stand out in comparison to the new ones if you have both on the table (which I'm gonna end up having haha)

• Like 1

They managed to keep the classical old design and improved it in depths of detail and terms of dynamic pose. Love it as it also seems to be a range that will go well with the current sculpts. I can also imagine that there is a bit more behind it, but I will post about this into the rumour thread.

btw, Ogroid and Kittycat are propably new units for us, too.

• Like 1

Just now, Charleston said:

They managed to keep the classical old design and improved it in depths of detail and terms of dynamic pose. Love it as it also seems to be a range that will go well with the current sculpts. I can also imagine that there is a bit more behind it, but I will post about this into the rumour thread.

btw, Ogroid and Kittycat are propably new units for us, too.

Yep they mention in the article that the beasties are getting warscrolls that StD can use 

17 minutes ago, AresX8 said:

I started play WHFB with Warriors of Chaos when that was still a thing, I still have that army.

Then these resculpts pop up, I am INSTANTLY in love. Looks like my second army has been chosen for me!

I feel the same, the Warriors of Chaos are what got me interested in WHFB as a kid although I was never able to actually get into the game. I thought they were the coolest thing ever so I feel like now that they're got new awesome looking sculpts and I can actually afford them I have to get them. If 11 year old me saw these new sculpts it would blow my mind.