AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Hi, 

So i'm starting Slaves to Darkness for a Path To Glory campaign, roughly hoping that most of my current purchases will end up getting rolled from the battleforce, daemon prince, warqueen and 2 spawn. Starting with Lord on Daemonic Mount, 2 x 5 Chaos Warriors and a Warshrine. 

This will eventually lead into a 2k force, I have the rough start here, I was wondering for any opinions. Likely to be slaanesh marked due to the colours i'll be using and being based around ruinbringer warband the reroll charges etc would be useful. 

Spoiler

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness

Leaders
Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount (140)
Darkoath Warqueen (80)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (200)

Battleline
10 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (180)
- Javelin & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- War flails
20 x Chaos Marauders (120)
- Flails & Shields

Units
1 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (100)
- War Flail

Behemoths
Warpfire Dragon (240)
- Allies

Battalions
Ruinbringer Warband (180)

Total: 1640 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 8
Allies: 240 / 400
Wounds: 121

I'm assuming a Warshrine for 160 wouldn't be a bad call, then what to do with the last 200? I had thought sayl to teleport the 20 marauders up, coming from a seraphon background I couldn't help but notice the teleport spell haha. 

• Like 1

Trying to make my first purchase to go with my nurgle. My friend told me it would probably be marauders getting the resculpt when slaves got a book. Do yall think hes right and I'll be safe buying the godsworn warband box. Or will the knights and warriors be the ones with a resculpt. 

On 5/24/2019 at 9:32 AM, Xanbar said:

Trying to make my first purchase to go with my nurgle. My friend told me it would probably be marauders getting the resculpt when slaves got a book. Do yall think hes right and I'll be safe buying the godsworn warband box. Or will the knights and warriors be the ones with a resculpt. 

Hard to say because their all plastic and i think they have only updated metal/resin models so far?

Maurauders are replaced by Dark Oath, the themes are so similar you can proxy if its not already a warscroll change. Just have to wait for release.

3 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

Hard to say because their all plastic and i think they have only updated metal/resin models so far?

There has been one plastic AoS replaced so far...the night goblin fantatics.

However Chaos Space Marines finally got their old as sin plastic kits updated.

It's really hard to tell, especially with armies like Beasts or Skaven relying on so many 6th edition models.

Worse comes to worse could always take the upcoming Warcry warbands and kitbash them into marauders. Or if you're going nurgle theres poxwalker conversions.

On 5/24/2019 at 11:00 PM, SolomonHelsing said:

Hi, 

So i'm starting Slaves to Darkness for a Path To Glory campaign, roughly hoping that most of my current purchases will end up getting rolled from the battleforce, daemon prince, warqueen and 2 spawn. Starting with Lord on Daemonic Mount, 2 x 5 Chaos Warriors and a Warshrine. 

This will eventually lead into a 2k force, I have the rough start here, I was wondering for any opinions. Likely to be slaanesh marked due to the colours i'll be using and being based around ruinbringer warband the reroll charges etc would be useful. 

Hide contents

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness

Leaders
Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount (140)
Darkoath Warqueen (80)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Manticore (200)

Battleline
10 x Chaos Marauder Horsemen (180)
- Javelin & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- War flails
20 x Chaos Marauders (120)
- Flails & Shields

Units
1 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (100)
- War Flail

Behemoths
Warpfire Dragon (240)
- Allies

Battalions
Ruinbringer Warband (180)

Total: 1640 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 8
Allies: 240 / 400
Wounds: 121

I'm assuming a Warshrine for 160 wouldn't be a bad call, then what to do with the last 200? I had thought sayl to teleport the 20 marauders up, coming from a seraphon background I couldn't help but notice the teleport spell haha. 

Add 40 Marauders just to annoy the bird out of your opponents

Or if you know someone who plays Stormcast Godsworn hunt and a spawn would work perfectly

Edited by DestroyerBirb
Forgot something

I am starting a Slaves to Darkness army, and I will soon be getting a Battleforce, is this a good 2k Army/2.5k army?

Leaders 3

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (General) 160

Chaos Lord on Manticore 250

Chaos Dragon (Galrauch) 340 (Allied)

Units

25 Chaos Warriors 450 (Battleline 1)

15 Chaos Knights 480 (Battleline 2)

1 Chaos Chariot 80 (Battleline 3)

1 Chaos Chariot 80 (Battleline 4)

Chaos Warshrine 160

And for 2.5k I would add

Leaders 1

Chaos Lord on Daemonic Steed

Units 3

40 Chaos Marauders 200 (Battleline 5)

1 Chaos Chariot 80 (Battleline 6)

1 Chaos Chariot 80 (Battleline 7)

Unless they radically change the chariots in the update, theres not too much point in using basic chariots compared to gorebeasts unless you really need a battleline.

I think the lists will be fine (maybe split up the knights and warriors in more maneuverable numbers), but Slaves struggle a lot with killing power.

Chaos- Peepz,

with the new Slaanesh book my mortals of slaanesh project is back in business. Just need some input and thought I'd get the best answers on my question here. 

The mounted lord of slaanesh will be in as a Lord of Chaos on deamonic steed... but he needs his retinue. What would you suggest? 5 knights (or 10) vs. 3 chariots (or Gorebeast chariots) ?

Rest of the list will roughly be a deamon prince with 30 daemonettes, Shyll'esske with 10 and then the Mounted brigate. at 1250 pts as a starter list before I add more goodies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kramer said:

Chaos- Peepz,

with the new Slaanesh book my mortals of slaanesh project is back in business. Just need some input and thought I'd get the best answers on my question here. 

The mounted lord of slaanesh will be in as a Lord of Chaos on deamonic steed... but he needs his retinue. What would you suggest? 5 knights (or 10) vs. 3 chariots (or Gorebeast chariots) ?

Rest of the list will roughly be a deamon prince with 30 daemonettes, Shyll'esske with 10 and then the Mounted brigate. at 1250 pts as a starter list before I add more goodies.

I love reg chariots as they can be speedy, and really you just throw them at stuff with higher save and wait for reinforcements, or just to grab that objective on the opponents side

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Totally not tzeentch marauders amiright?

EXPO-May30-WarCryCorvus11bba.jpg

No!

definitely not.

they are probably a part of the haunted crew of  cursed wulfrik  the wanderer,

arr!

set the wings you maggots!

edit: or maybe they are a small group of man-things who survived the onslaught of the Eshin clan.

probably the reason why they have  a ninja theme heavy look.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

14 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Totally not tzeentch marauders amiright?

EXPO-May30-WarCryCorvus11bba.jpg

There are a couple of books that mention a warband of tzeentch who the protagonist/antagonist summons as a flock of crows who turn into a cabal of sorcerer warriors dressed in feathers etc. 

Seems to be the source of inspiration to me.  

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

There are a couple of books that mention a warband of tzeentch who the protagonist/antagonist summons as a flock of crows who turn into a cabal of sorcerer warriors dressed in feathers etc. 

Seems to be the source of inspiration to me.  

Theres also the Chaos Zealot class back in the warhammer mmo who were very avian themed

Tzeentch loves his little birdies!

• 2 weeks later...

Hej guys,

I need your help. ow can I use Chaos Warriors in a manner that isn´t ending in total disappointment? I always tried the maxed 30 Warriors Blobb along with the Lord on Manticore and other Buffs, but the Warriors ended always being lackluster. What is the magic number to them? 10? 15?

32 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Hej guys,

I need your help. ow can I use Chaos Warriors in a manner that isn´t ending in total disappointment? I always tried the maxed 30 Warriors Blobb along with the Lord on Manticore and other Buffs, but the Warriors ended always being lackluster. What is the magic number to them? 10? 15?

Magic number is.....0 if you're really being competitive. Their warscroll is very outdated with their only saving grace is their chaos runeshields making them decent objective holders. But other than that they're Chaos Liberators, and people don't take Liberators!

I mean just compare Chaos Warriors to Slaanesh Hellstriders, 10pts more and you get 1 more attack (which already has -1 rend) and nearly triple the movement.

Now that being said GHB 2019 is supposedly going to have more of a rules shakeup than GHB 2018 for the allegiances so we'll have to wait and see.

(also I am so ready for when the eventual BT comes out)

IMG_20190604_173527.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2