Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gaz Taylor

AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

so, what do we think the creature that the reaver is fighting in the background on the left is going to be?

Look at hits tail... and then look at the latest rumour engine

3 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

so, what do we think the creature that the reaver is fighting in the background on the left is going to be?

Look at hits tail... and then look at the latest rumour engine

I think it's that "mega dog/mini manticore" in the video

wc.png

• Like 2

I really like the gladiator style guys, looking forward to seeing how they fit in to the AoS storyline, who they are, etc.

A mixed unit of Beasts and Beastmasters would be an awesome flair unit for Darkoath, too.

From now on: Theorycrafting on Units we don´t even know we may get one day:

Due to AoS Rulesetting it would be easy to include having the same profile for the master and beasts and creating diversity by weapon loadout and rules. It would be important to keep in mind that we currently have spells to sniper out single models so the survival of the packmaster shouldn´t decide about how usefull this unit may be. Or, if, it should be a theme similar to the Slaughterbrute were loosing the master means switching modes for the unit. What would be really a tricky point is morale tied to the packmaster. Loosing him leading to a drop down to 3-4 Bravery would be deadly for such a unit. On the other hand it would be a more rewarding target for such sniping-spells and abilities and could improve the feeling and usage of such spells (improving battletomes by creating valid enemies and so on) as long as it doesn´t punish the fielding player too much. Therefore a mechanic like on the slaughterbrute which shuts down normal damage for potential, but more unreliable, mortal wounds. Like "If this Unit doesn´t contain a Beastmaster do not make any attacks with it´s meele weapons during the Combat Step . Instead roll a dice for each enemy model within 1" of this unit. On a roll of X+ this models unit suffers a Mortal Wound". As Downside the Beastmaster could allow rerolls and wield a potent weapon which would be lost after being slain. This would give such a hypothetical unit an interesting touch in gameplay as the controlling player as the opponent could trigger some neat decisions. Do I wan´t to dish out better normal damage? Or do i require rather Mortal Wounds? How can I sacrifice my Beastmaster when needed? Do I want as an enemy to kill the beastmaster to tune down the offensive potential of the unit but risk it to surpass my defense as mortal wound? Do I want to hurt this unit and risk the beastmaster to die?
This would be potential to some preatty amazing game design here.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:38 AM, inkwell said:

Wru dark oath release?

I imagine summer. Herald armies seem to be around half a year apart (summer last year was SCE/NH, then GG was January)

Do people reckon the new winged deamons are new furies? Or some other sort of undivided deamon?

43 minutes ago, Frowny said:

Do people reckon the new winged deamons are new furies? Or some other sort of undivided deamon?

I thought they are going to be harpies, chaos beasts but not daemons.

But who knows.