AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

10 minutes ago, Klamm said:

Hey, what's with the chaos warrior war scroll having options for halberds, great weapons, banners, hornblowers etc. when the kit doesn't come with any of that? I understand they want to accommodate people with the old kit, but isn't the tradeoff of having weapon loadouts on the new kit which people can't actually use worse?

Is there any clue that these are the only chaos warrior kit that is coming? Looking at the sprue, they're disappointingly lacking in customisation. 

The kits in the start collecting are mono-pose.

I'm hoping that the full fat box will have the various options in.

7 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Where is my chaos gargant???

Indeed.

maybe the rumoured AoS imperial knight giant army will give us a chaos tainted option or perhaps he’s in the points list.

2 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:
3 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Where is my chaos gargant???

Indeed.

maybe the rumoured AoS imperial knight giant army will give us a chaos tainted option or perhaps he’s in the points list.

I found it ...but unfortunatly he's in beast of chaos. What a shamme! He looks so damn good in a chaos StD army!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I found it ...but unfortunatly he's in beast of chaos. What a shamme! He looks so damn good in a chaos StD army!

Convert one to have two heads to be a curs’d ettin from the forgeworld monstrous arcanum warscroll.

slaves keyword you see :)

Edited by Kaleb Daark

Just read eightfold doom-sigil warscroll. Is that mean if 20 models die within 12” you can roll 20 dice. For each 3+ you will get 1 attack. So, you can potentially give 20 additional attack to slayer of the king?

Edited by armisael

so , if archaon has mark of khone and general , rerolls 1' and +1 to wound for himself?

also varanguard with mark of khorne  +1 to hit for archaon on the table, +1 to wound aura of khorne and reroll 1', nasty

4 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Indeed.

Did the article not imply that the current Chaos warrior and Chaos knight kits will continue to be available alongside the new box? That was how I read it.

Noooo I’m gutted we lost he mounted sorcerer as I’d spent ages converting one up 😭

Pondering best loadout for Varanguard. Seems like the extra attacks from Ensorcelled Weapons are hard to beat, but perhaps I’m missing some combo. The will likely run mine as either Slaanesh or Undivided.

5 hours ago, Klamm said:

Hey, what's with the chaos warrior war scroll having options for halberds, great weapons, banners, hornblowers etc. when the kit doesn't come with any of that? I understand they want to accommodate people with the old kit, but isn't the tradeoff of having weapon loadouts on the new kit which people can't actually use worse?

Is there any clue that these are the only chaos warrior kit that is coming? Looking at the sprue, they're disappointingly lacking in customisation. 

From what I understand talking to my local manager (based on their product brief)

The new warriors are monopose and the old set + resin weapons(yuck) are staying as range items. 

Very weird way of doing it and id rather buy more expensvie start collecting 10 mans and convert some 2h weps 

According to the most recent brief there isnt going to be one, however, we all know the store managers aren't told a lot so I'm hoping its still out there

Edited by kore5022

Yeah I figure that GW won't keep old and new alongside each other for "too long" however a new box is likely months away if GW isn't teasing them right now. The GW store managers are likely not told well in advance in order to help encourage current stock sales.

That said the old knights are not a bad kit, the horses might not be in a full "charging run" like the new poses, but they are good solid kits. The old warriors are a bit more plain compared to the new. 

1 hour ago, armisael said:

Just read eightfold doom-sigil warscroll. Is that mean if 20 models die within 12” you can roll 20 dice. For each 3+ you will get 1 attack. So, you can potentially give 20 additional attack to slayer of the king?

“A unit cannot benefit from this ability more than once per turn”. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tamthethird said:

Did the article not imply that the current Chaos warrior and Chaos knight kits will continue to be available alongside the new box? That was how I read it.

yes it did, but as @Overread has said above, things might change.  I'd like to see a dynamic halberd or great weapon warrior rather than having to buy expansion kits for some two handed axes.

If they did get a multipose makover and the new warriors will have everything in one box  the old warriors could just get stock piled for the old world setting. Who knows.

59 minutes ago, Mr_Caterin said:

Do you know where to get the battletome?

A shop more than likely.

1 hour ago, tamthethird said:

Noooo I’m gutted we lost he mounted sorcerer as I’d spent ages converting one up 😭

Pondering best loadout for Varanguard. Seems like the extra attacks from Ensorcelled Weapons are hard to beat, but perhaps I’m missing some combo. The will likely run mine as either Slaanesh or Undivided.

I’m thinking the 6th waypoint ability on Deamonforged Blades...buffed with either:

khorne - RR 1s hit, +1 W, bloodsecrator aura, 8 points spell gives 5/2+(RR 1s)/2/-1/d3+1

slaanesh - 6s generate extra hits, 8 point spell is 4/2/2/-1/d3+1

strike twice and Death Frenzy from Archaon can do some damage

one of the new spells can also heal a unit d3, so why not?!?! I think 300 points is a bit steep still, but it’s also not terrible.  260 would have been fine since everything else got a points increase it seems

• Like 1

1 hour ago, armisael said:

each unit can only be affected onced. It's effectively, if your opponent went first each your in that 18" range for the rolls get +1 attacks if you are running a horde. 

I compiled the points. Some of this was hard to read. I know varangard can be battleline, but I'm not sure what the stipulations are. Daemon Prince is great, but at 210 points he is asking for a lot.

slavestodarkness.jpg

Edited by TheHarrower
Updated Varagard. Has the battleline reqs now.
  • Thanks 3

We are gonna have a tough time getting CP i feel. Didn't see anything to let us farm up CP, harder on ravagers as likely you'll only be using that ability more toward the end of the game. 

We also have the "enemy unit attacks last" Spell. This is also pretty for us letting any army play in the attack's first meta. 

26 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys week end is for pre order, but when we can buy battletome?:)

Pre-orders today, out next saturday. SO buy now if you wanna be sure or wait till next week and try to find one in store.  battletome is up for pre-order this weekend.

Edited by mmimzie
  • Like 1