AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

6 hours ago, Charleston said:

@whispersofblood can you stop sh*ttalking the spells and the book? If it does not match your requirements, feel free to back up and head to another faction you find more suiting to your expectations. Other users trie to enjoy the new release here~

@Others: Btw, we have an inherited access to Slaaneshi Endless Spells from what I see, as we can mark our wizzards with the Slaaneshi Keyword. Also we have access to Tzeentch ones, if there are any coming. Skaven and BoC are also potentially reachable with Allies (Brayshaman and Verminlord Corruptor)

Sorry you can't handle criticism mate.

8 hours ago, Asamu said:

Cabalists endless spell spam with 7 wizards/10-11 spellcasts. Not a particularly refined list. Could add a Khorne DP and go harder on shutting the opponent down while the endless spells do work, but, that seems like a "no fun allowed" list, and people would absolutely hate it. Probably mark everything that can be marked Nurgle. 

Sorcerer Lord, Spite Tongue Curse

Sorcerer Lord on Manticore, General: Mighty Ritualist, Artefact: Black Athame, spell: Mask of Darkness

Be'lakor Whispers of Chaos

Gaunt Summoner: Mask of Darkness  - summons 10 pinks turn 1, which cast an endless spell

Gaunt Summoner: Binding Damnation - summons 10 pinks turn 1, which cast an endless spell

Marauders x20 x3

Iron Golems x8 x2 - cheap 4+ re-rollable save units

Endless spells

Balewind Vortex

Darkfire Demonrift

Umbral Spellportal

Malevolent Maelstrom (it's 10 points and can hit a pretty large area)

Realmscourge Rupture or Geminids

Gnashing Jaws

That'd come out to 1990. Probably could drop some endless spells, but you have a lot of spellcasts, and the Pinks don't get allegiance spells. Black Athame lets you guarantee the ritual once per game, and it's going off on a 2+ the rest of the time, so it shouldn't fail in most games. You could run a battalion, but I don't think it's really worth it with this sort of list.

The other Cabalists list, which is probably stronger, but will almost certainly get some nerfs:

Cabalists from Hysh - everything nurgle

Daemon Prince; Aetherquartz Brooch

Sorcerer Lord - General: Mighty Ritualist, Artefact: Black Athame, Binding Damnation

Sorcerer Lord - Mask of Darkness

Be'lakor - Whispers of Chaos or Mask of Darkness

Chaos Marauders x40 x2 

Marauder Horsemen x5 x3

Chaos Warriors x5 x 1

Extra Command Point

Darkfire Demonrift 

Umbral Spellportal or Soulscream Bridge

Plaguetouched Warband

This is the filth. You teleport 40 marauders in turn 1 after buffing them with re-rolls on hits/wounds/saves and stack the nurgle DP command ability on them to force the opponent's army to kill itself after they swing. Once again, making the ritual as reliable as possible for the casting bonus.

You can drop the endless spells for more more marauders and/or a warshrine instead of some of the warriors/horsemen in this one, and that's probably better.

There have been a few variants on this sort of list in the thread, and Cabalists is the obvious choice for marauder alpha striking with Mask of Darkness.

What exactly is filth about this? I think S2D community is probably too used to having no rules at all. Personally I was expecting a whole lot more than what was given, given the content of the last 6-7 battletomes. But I'm content to let results speak for themselves in the new year. 

You all are excited, perhaps I should wait until you've played games and the frustration has set in.

6 hours ago, Charleston said:

@whispersofblood can you stop sh*ttalking the spells and the book? If it does not match your requirements, feel free to back up and head to another faction you find more suiting to your expectations. Other users trie to enjoy the new release here~

@Others: Btw, we have an inherited access to Slaaneshi Endless Spells from what I see, as we can mark our wizzards with the Slaaneshi Keyword. Also we have access to Tzeentch ones, if there are any coming. Skaven and BoC are also potentially reachable with Allies (Brayshaman and Verminlord Corruptor)

I'm as entitled to spaces for a faction I've collected for over 15 years as anyone else thanks. But if you have some objective critique of my position feel free to share mate. Ironically it's the overly enthusiastic who usually drop factions in the medium and long term so we'll see who's around in 4-5 months.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:
9 hours ago, Asamu said:

What exactly is filth about this? I think S2D community is probably too used to having no rules at all. Personally I was expecting a whole lot more than what was given, given the content of the last 6-7 battletomes. But I'm content to let results speak for themselves in the new year. 

You all are excited, perhaps I should wait until you've played games and the frustration has set in.

If the S2D community is used to not having rules then they probably aren’t going to get frustrated by their performance with the new; vastly improved rules.

I’m sorry you’re disappointed; but I don’t think anyone else was expecting Slaves to jump from literal worst Army to Top Tier or 1st tier from one Battletome.

Edited by Sinfullyvannila
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Are you sure? The Khorne Prayers for example are Allegiance locked.

Quite. Khorne Judgements are their own section in the Khorne Alligience. Meanwhile, Endless Spells are not regulated in such a manner. The only restriction is usualy a keyword binding within the spell itself, which can be fullfilled in another alligience.

Edited by Charleston

3 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Quite. Khorne Judgements are their own section in the Khorne Alligience. Meanwhile, Endless Spells are not regulated in such a manner. The only restriction is usualy a keyword binding within the spell itself, which can be fullfilled in another alligience.

This is correct.  It’s why you’ll see a Stormcast Wizard in any order army slinging the comet.

someone mentioned though that you need to have the “ally points” available if you bring the endless spell too...is this true??

example:  I’ve got 340 points of stormcast in my KO army, and I want the comet.  Am I allowed to purchase the Comet or no because it will put me over my 400 point ally max??

4 minutes ago, Charleston said:

And different situation would mean that all those old Phoenix Guard players played their army wrong with allied ScE wizard for the comet and no one noticed that.

Khorne Judgements and Fyreslayer prayers are allegiance locked because in-universe they are not spells. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Who here is trying to come up with a Khorne based list? First decision: Ravagers or Despoilers? Then battalions if any. Allied Bloodsecrator is a must of course. Probably leaning towards Marauder hordes.

Not brewing it myself but Marauders are an autoinclude. 2 bigger blobbs seem worth concidering. As much as it is unfluffy, a sorcerer with the teleport spell to throw a unit into the opponents backline is really worth concideration here. This shall be enough to keep enemies turn 1 locked in their own deployment zone. The other marauder blobb could be buffed by a bloodsecrator, bloodstoker and/or Wrathmongers to get a really sick lot of wounds. 4 attacks 3+/3+ with rr 1 to hit, all wound rolls, a minimal charge of 10" seems quite vaiable to me, as long as you are not up against a big petrifex blobb. Lord of Chaos could allow you to fight twice. A Warshrine could provide a 6++ aftersave and up the to-hit reroll, althrough the latter one isn´t worth it. You could take an DP in addition to provide a valuable beatstick that keeps your opponent from charging you.

12 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Not brewing it myself but Marauders are an autoinclude. 2 bigger blobbs seem worth concidering. As much as it is unfluffy, a sorcerer with the teleport spell to throw a unit into the opponents backline is really worth concideration here. This shall be enough to keep enemies turn 1 locked in their own deployment zone. The other marauder blobb could be buffed by a bloodsecrator, bloodstoker and/or Wrathmongers to get a really sick lot of wounds. 4 attacks 3+/3+ with rr 1 to hit, all wound rolls, a minimal charge of 10" seems quite vaiable to me, as long as you are not up against a big petrifex blobb. Lord of Chaos could allow you to fight twice. A Warshrine could provide a 6++ aftersave and up the to-hit reroll, althrough the latter one isn´t worth it. You could take an DP in addition to provide a valuable beatstick that keeps your opponent from charging you.

is it truely unfluffy??  a sorcerer bending a barbarian horde to his will, using them as sacrafices to his dark god. That wasn't even unfluffy in Warhammer fantasty, and it's about 100% more fluffy. 

Heck this is basicly the lore of cabalist. 

Edited by mmimzie

Mod Notice

First -a few of you are getting a bit choppy/hostile so cool it off a bit! It's a brand new book only just this day released to retail. There's bound to be debate and discussion on what does and doesn't work; what we'd have liked to work better or what appears to be odd or fantastic and every other possibility. Lets not get down into attacking each other for what we interpret and perceive from the new rules. Debate, discuss, agree and disagree and move on. There's no need for insults or slinging mud at each other over the army rules. 

Secondly as the thread is dominantly full of old stuff from before AoS 2.0 officially launched I'm bringing this thread to a close and opening a brand new shiny Chaos Thread! 

• Thanks 3