AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I'm happy to hear that you will be able to still use your Halberd/ great weapon chaos warriors.   They said base sizes will stay the same too for everything though I feel in the pictures with the chaos lord show him on a bigger base now 🤔.  Chaos Chosen are getting a big buff apparently. occular visions from sorcerer allows reroll saves.  There is a spell on a 7+ that makes a unit nearby fight at the end of the combat phase. Archaon's new command ability is to let any Chaos unit on the board fight when it dies.

Edited by Cambot1231

6 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

I'm happy to hear that you will be able to still use your Halberd/ great weapon chaos warriors.   They said base sizes will stay the same too for everything though I feel in the pictures with the chaos lord show him on a bigger base now 🤔.  Chaos Chosen are getting a big buff apparently. occular visions from sorcerer allows reroll saves.  There is a spell on a 7+ that makes a unit nearby fight at the end of the combat phase. Archaon's new command ability is to let any Chaos unit on the board fight when it dies.

That might be the sub-faction command ability.

Archaon's command ability is the priority thing from the old Overlords of Chaos battalion (but modified so it's optional to reveal if you would rather roll instead, which makes it better, though it does cost a CP).

The chaos lord is still on a 32mm base.

It seems knights get rend -1 baseline with swords though, which is neat. The Nurgle bonus alongside the +1 damage on 6s to wound. There was something about mortal wounds on 6s to hit if within range of the chaos lord as well, IIRC (Might be the other part of the nurgle bonus?)?

Varanguard went back up to 300 points, and it seems they might always get to swing twice if they charged in the same turn? Didn't  get to see them in action though, because both units were killed on turn 1.

8 hours ago, Asamu said:

Varanguard went back up to 300 points, and it seems they might always get to swing twice if they charged in the same turn? Didn't  get to see them in action though, because both units were killed on turn 1.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  There goes my 15xVaranguard and Archaon list😥

59 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

Are we expecting warscroll changes? And if so, what time do those generally update on the NZ site? 

I firmly belive Knights will be buffed, Lord is already confirmed to be chaned, Lord on Manticore may see also changes incoming, Sorcerer Lords will have some kind of new Bindung mechanic when played as a specific legion (althrough thoose are not part of the Warscroll). Varanguard will receive a major update as it looks right now. Archaon will have his adjustments, too. Daemon Princes are rumoured to receive hot new stuff (which is great as Despoilers will be my way to go).

2 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I hope the Warcry warbands become battleline. I don't plan on getting into StD, but if I did, it would be tides of marauders like the Iron Golems supported by large monsters.

Sorry to tell you, but they won´t. It was confirmed during the stream that Cultist are not a big enough number to make up for a reliable battleline. Thus is, why marauder stayed.