AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

24 minutes ago, JangutzKhan said:

Surely most of the warscrolls get a boost, if not weapons than at least command abilities/abilities. Some rend would be nice on the manticore. 

Also, any news on Chaos Chosen? Phased out, new models or keeping the resin ones? 

I don't expect a lot of changes (read= almost zero) on the warscrolls. A bit rend here and there, maybe wounds and rules (abilities/commands). But I think that we'll get the most out of the batallions ond synergies (traits/relics etc...).  Maybe some balance on the manticore. 

The choosen are the elite of our (already) elite army. They can't get rid of them. So, for now, I don't see some change. They are already hard hitters. But maybe some rules to make them move faster via spells or something. The minis show their age especially if they go side by side with the new (SC!)  chaos warriors.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I don't expect a lot of changes (read= almost zero) on the warscrolls. A bit rend here and there, maybe wounds and rules (abilities/commands). But I think that we'll get the most out of the batallions ond synergies (traits/relics etc...).  Maybe some balance on the manticore. 

The choosen are the elite of our (already) elite army. They can't get rid of them. So, for now, I don't see some change. They are already hard hitters. But maybe some rules to make them move faster via spells or something. The minis show their age especially if they go side by side with the new (SC!)  chaos warriors.

I’m fine with little tweaks, as long as the synergy is good and our top units actually play like top units. 

As for Chosen, I’m happy to do conversions for now if they don’t release new models, and I reckon all they need to do is make them 3 wounds and they would be amazing. 

Edited by JangutzKhan

I love the glottkin mini. I didn't buy it yet because I don't have nurgle army. But what? I just noticed that what I planned wouldn't work? I wanted to do a nurgle StD army with the glottkin and I see that if I want battle forged, I can't do it? The glottkin is 420pts, so, he can't be ally. But all StD can get the NURGLE keyword, can't they?

Could you help me fit a glottkin in a StD army? What do I do wrong?

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

I love the glottkin mini. I didn't buy it yet because I don't have nurgle army. But what? I just noticed that what I planned wouldn't work? I wanted to do a nurgle StD army with the glottkin and I see that if I want battle forged, I can't do it? The glottkin is 420pts, so, he can't be ally. But all StD can get the NURGLE keyword, can't they?

Could you help me fit a glottkin in a StD army? What do I do wrong?

So, I’m not sure if you can fit a Glottkin into an StD army, as his points total is over the limit.  However, all the units you wanted to take from StD are able to take a Mark of Chaos...you would choose Nurgle, and effectively you would be running a Nurgle army.

1 hour ago, Dreadmund said:

I do wonder if the reason Glottkin costs as much as they do is to prevent them being allied in to other allegiances where his command ability could cause balance mischief. I don't see them going to 400 or less points due to that.

That is exactly my conclusion also. Nothing make him worth the 20 artificially added points. He would have been top in nurgle skaven army, nurgle StD army. It is a shame that this wonderfull mini, which fits superbly with StD couldn't even be an ally at 2k points.

On 11/20/2019 at 3:45 PM, Midjithero said:

Gotta keep the thread going!  In an effort, here’s a WIP pic of a sorcerers manticore im painting up.  Not sure what will still be in the book, or if they’ll get a power boost...but I got it so might as well paint it and get it into the display case.

😝

505FC26C-D12F-4877-84F1-221937D88775.jpeg

Loving the colours so far! I'm hesitant to build mine because I don't know whether they will exist in the new S2D book but I hope it is in some format. Do people think they will drop either Lord or Sorcerer option? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dreadmund said:

I do wonder if the reason Glottkin costs as much as they do is to prevent them being allied in to other allegiances where his command ability could cause balance mischief. I don't see them going to 400 or less points due to that.

I don't know. The +1 attack is for friendly Nurgle units, so the only thing we are really talking about is Plague Monks in a Skaventide or Pestilens allegiance.

S2D units can get all those buffs anyway if they are taken in a Nurgle army (and trust me, it still doesn't make them any good).

What do Monks get in Skaventide that they can't get in Nurgle? The only thing that springs to mind is Death Frenzy, so they'd get extra attacks in on that. 

I think the real reason is a lack of competence in GW when pointing things, especially once an initial points value has been "calculated" (ie dart thrown at board full of numbers). With GHB they seemingly just make small adjustmenst based on internal logic instead of recalculating a unit's worth from the ground up again.

How much would Glott be worth if he was introduced to the game only now? 2 casts, only 1 unbind, no bonusses to either, decent CA (but Harbinger of Decay always wins the CA war if you only have 1  command point), average in combat, no DPR, 4+ save, 18 wounds, no artifact or trait possible. That's a 280 - 320 point model there.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TheVenerableBede said:

I don't know. The +1 attack is for friendly Nurgle units, so the only thing we are really talking about is Plague Monks in a Skaventide or Pestilens allegiance.

S2D units can get all those buffs anyway if they are taken in a Nurgle army (and trust me, it still doesn't make them any good).

What do Monks get in Skaventide that they can't get in Nurgle? The only thing that springs to mind is Death Frenzy, so they'd get extra attacks in on that. 

I think the real reason is a lack of competence in GW when pointing things, especially once an initial points value has been "calculated" (ie dart thrown at board full of numbers). With GHB they seemingly just make small adjustmenst based on internal logic instead of recalculating a unit's worth from the ground up again.

How much would Glott be worth if he was introduced to the game only now? 2 casts, only 1 unbind, no bonusses to either, decent CA (but Harbinger of Decay always wins the CA war if you only have 1  command point), average in combat, no DPR, 4+ save, 18 wounds, no artifact or trait possible. That's a 280 - 320 point model there.

You forgot the most important thing here: the miniature is A-MA-ZING ! That was the main reason I spoke about him 😉  

I finished my Glot months ago, fantastic mini and I'm really happy with my paintjob.

Still hasn't seen the table yet..😔

Never even thought of the points being too high to ally, shame. Guess he's stick in Maggotkin land. Which needs help.

13 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Ah makes sense, thanks!

Also gordrakk might be coming through the 8 points on his way to azyr  with his god beast battering ram.
Giving all grand alliances a reason to meet eachother in the same area for a new global campaign. All speculation on my end but it feels like time it to move story forward again and previous campaign seemed a good succes and 2 years back if remember correctly. Just thought to write it down somewhere to point at if I’m accidentally right ;) 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 2:07 PM, KoganStyle said:

Loving the colours so far! I'm hesitant to build mine because I don't know whether they will exist in the new S2D book but I hope it is in some format. Do people think they will drop either Lord or Sorcerer option? 

It's either both gone or in. My money's on in as its an amazing model. Doens't break with the new style as far as we have seen it. 

• Like 1