AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Unbenannt-1.png.dd1449d89c341a5c37f175125db96ea7.png

Yeah, of course, they could put any kit they don´t sell or that does look different and modify it so heavy that it looks exactly like the slaughterbrute, having 1:1 the same pose and color sheme like the gw storepage of the slaughterbrute.

It is 1:1 the exact same model, but using that super ugly head option noone uses because it reminds them of their ugly gf from school times. Really, it is even hard to find propper pics of it online because it is so ugly.

Edit: Here is a better pic of it. ugh. really, that poor dude that had to paint it...image.jpg

Edited by Charleston

36 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Yeah, of course, they could put any kit they don´t sell or that does look different and modify it so heavy that it looks exactly like the slaughterbrute, having 1:1 the same pose and color sheme like the gw storepage of the slaughterbrute.

GW: "He's on to us! How did he guess?"

Isn't the Slaughterbrute in the Blades of Khorne tome as well? I wonder what other cross-tome critters we could get. Chimera? Cockatrices?

2 hours ago, Charleston said:

Yep ;) You missed the Elephant in the room :) Look at this picture:

BloodandGlory-Nov02-Army2nsfdx.jpg.e991059301d7707b27b440cdb426d050.jpg

Do you see it? Well, in general when GW announces a book and shows off some armies, you can concider Units in the Picture to be in the Tome. Last occurence that confirmed this was Gutbusters, with Firebellies beeing shown only in the far background and with no mention until the late previews came :)

Reveal hidden contents

BloodandGlory-Nov02-Army2nsfdx2.jpg.6c9d9f420936b56e91e5d7b3eaffc0b7.jpg

Nice one thanks 🙂

BTW, with the chaos marks alignment, you (probably) will be able to add almost whatever monster you want. For exemple, a StD nurgle army with the glotkin. Or a StD Tzeentch army with the mutalith monster etc... That is really what I like most in this army! Giving the taste I want with the monsters I want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius501 said:

Yeah pretty sure it’s just a gnarly tree for the pic. 

+1 on this.

1 hour ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

GW: "He's on to us! How did he guess?"

Isn't the Slaughterbrute in the Blades of Khorne tome as well? I wonder what other cross-tome critters we could get. Chimera? Cockatrices?

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

BTW, with the chaos marks alignment, you (probably) will be able to add almost whatever monster you want. For exemple, a StD nurgle army with the glotkin. Or a StD Tzeentch army with the mutalith monster etc... That is really what I like most in this army! Giving the taste I want with the monsters I want.

The Slaughterbrute is not in the Khorne Battletome. Currently we only have the Slaughterbrute Warscroll from the GA:Chaos Book. There was in the meantime a second Warscroll for a Slaughterbrute of Khorne in the Warhammer App, but it was recently (1-2 months ago?) and silently removed. I am not sure if we can currently use them as I do not know if Slaves can ally with Beasts of Chaos. I belive that a Chimera could propably be moved, althrough I am not sure if the Jabberslythe and Coacktrices won´t stay BoC-Exclusive. Chimeras had a spotlight in Warcry which makes it possible in my eyes.

@GeneralZero We currently really do not know how the Allignment will look like. The current system is a robust and straight forward ruling and I hope they keep it that way. Also, it should be mentioned that we only ally monsters from other alligiences right now, which keeps the 400pts limit for 2k games and 200pts for 1k. This is an issue for monsterheavy lists. I can´t play my Soulgrinder and a Slaughetrbrute together for example, without breaking into the great Chaos Alligience on 2k.  Also my Soulgrinder can´t be usen in 1000pts games :( Actually I hope I can use it after the tome as it is a unit vunerable to cutting.

28 minutes ago, Charleston said:

The Slaughterbrute is not in the Khorne Battletome. Currently we only have the Slaughterbrute Warscroll from the GA:Chaos Book. There was in the meantime a second Warscroll for a Slaughterbrute of Khorne in the Warhammer App, but it was recently (1-2 months ago?) and silently removed. I am not sure if we can currently use them as I do not know if Slaves can ally with Beasts of Chaos. I belive that a Chimera could propably be moved, althrough I am not sure if the Jabberslythe and Coacktrices won´t stay BoC-Exclusive. Chimeras had a spotlight in Warcry which makes it possible in my eyes.

Oh, I could have sworn... well, in that case it makes perfect sense for the Slaughterbrute to be in Slaves to Darkness.

In retrospect I think I must have misunderstood this Warhammer Community post:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/08/vortex-and-slaughter-the-beasts-are-back/

That probably relates to the warscroll to which you were referring. If Slaves to Darkness is able to be allied in (or more likely given the keyword of) god-specific factions, it makes sense that there'd be no need for a specific Slaughterbrute or Mutalith warscroll which lets them become a part of Khorne or Tzeentch. Though oddly, the Mutalith is still listed in the Disciples section of the app.

Interesting times. I don't know that I'd use a 'brute but I like that it'll be part of the army.

Edited by Thalassic Monstrosity

10 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Oh, I could have sworn... well, in that case it makes perfect sense for the Slaughterbrute to be in Slaves to Darkness.

In retrospect I think I must have misunderstood this Warhammer Community post:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/08/vortex-and-slaughter-the-beasts-are-back/

You didn´t misunderstood the post, GW simply retired the Warscroll from the app. Althrough there is no statement that the new Warscrolls are invalid, it might be simply a rework going on in the background and someone deleted it by accident.

1 minute ago, Charleston said:

You didn´t misunderstood the post, GW simply retired the Warscroll from the app. Althrough there is no statement that the new Warscrolls are invalid, it might be simply a rework going on in the background and someone deleted it by accident.

Yeah, I edited my post with further thoughts of what I think might have been the case though I'll admit the idea that it got deleted by accident didn't occur to me.

Also I forgot to mention I agree with you though regarding monsters. I get that Beasts has typically been considered by GW the "monsters faction" but I'd like to have some choices as well without having to ally. I hope Soulgrinders stay, though I suspect they might be removed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

No leaks or anything? *whingy sigh*

Not yet, but not sure if this has been discussed, but allegedly the same company that created other terrain pieces is making a Varanspire Fountain.  Could be for us, could be for Warcry.

https://spikeybits.com/2019/11/new-aos-slaves-to-darkness-terrain-spotted.html?fbclid=IwAR2CBthN5K3Eo11Cti3DL5stCYB9cTut5dKvxdRdSyoBOlJXuAUzrWdy0yE