AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

9 minutes ago, HMB said:

Hellcannon is far far away from my concept of chaos horde, so i will be happy if there's no warmachine (except the war altar) in the battletome

for me is spot on,  a classic concept ,

i wish i had picked one , but they were so expensive back then

2 hours ago, Rod said:

for me is spot on,  a classic concept ,

i wish i had picked one , but they were so expensive back then

I have three. Originally bought for Heresy (quad mortars) but I'm hoping they get a new lease of life, somewhere...

Even allies would be lovely 😢

7 hours ago, HMB said:

I think that StD will be like CoS: you must choose that realm of provenience

Why do people keep saying this? Lorewise StD are everything other: Tribes and Warriors from all Realms gather in the Eightpoints, a melting pot of cultures and forge to Archaons ruinous forces.

Edit: Meanwhile a "Every fourth of your Units may be from a [GOD] army without counting towards Ally points" would be cool

Edited by Charleston

4 hours ago, HMB said:

Hellcannon is far far away from my concept of chaos horde, so i will be happy if there's no warmachine (except the war altar) in the battletome

you'll get the fomoroid dude from warcry to do that as he'll be throwing lumps of rock at people.

Even in the old fluff of the world that was, the hellcannon was esentially rented from the chaos dwarfs in return for slaves, so in that repsect it was always a bit of an odball, not that I'm complaining I used to run two of them.

They missed a trick with the legions of azgorh compendium by not including it in there as it was in the original tamurkhan army lists but hey ho - pity as I'd love to see a dirty great hellcannon appearing again.

8 hours ago, HMB said:

I think that StD will be like CoS: you must choose that realm of provenience

you're not a million miles away apparently. The cities of fether hats and big trousers book is a good template to start looking at how the various builds in this faction might be built up.  like the bog trousers, the faction is huge, and has so many permutations and facets.  I wonder how it will interact with beasts and the like.

In the Old World they had cannon and hellcannon and siege equipment.

Whilst most cannon would come from a dwarvish source, the forces of chaos were equally open to corruption of captured cannon from the Empire and other forces. Meanwhile the scale of battle would also influence what weapons of war they would bring. In a full on siege of a major settlement they'd be bringing larger cannon, probably trebuchets and siege towers. All corrupted and twisted of course. Indeed the hellcanon is very chaos in that its partly alive much like the warp engine machines of the 40K game and the weapons of war like the Khorne Skull Cannon. 

Heck if you read Manslayer there's a fantastic scene in there near the end which really brings this whole line of thinking home (I won't spoil it)

• Like 1

Well, I have Archaon and enough STD to comfortably round out 2k sat in my display unit eagerly awaiting some lovely new rules and stats. Will probably have to grab a SC box too because the new models are sweet. I actually rather like the old warriors and knights, but I understand I am in the minority. 

2 hours ago, ByronicHero said:

Well, I have Archaon and enough STD to comfortably round out 2k sat in my display unit eagerly awaiting some lovely new rules and stats. Will probably have to grab a SC box too because the new models are sweet. I actually rather like the old warriors and knights, but I understand I am in the minority. 

I do love the old warriors and knights, like you do 😉  I don't have archaon (yet!) nor the varanguards (yet!). And I'm waiting to grab asap one new SC! to mount and modernize all my StD army which is waiting to be ASSEMBLED for ages (started last year with battleforce). To be build are (in addition to the new SC!): 44 warriors, 25 knights,2 mounted manticores, one  shrine, 3 charriots and 1 or 2 slaughterbrute/mutalith , a wizzard. (can add also several chaos pieces like 2 daemon princes, some big dadies like LoC, ...). So, you can say I am impatient. And this is, I think, a bit over 2K army...lol

16 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I actually have no idea what they‘re going to do with StD, but I am looking forward to it.

I can't wait to find out what they're doing after seeing the new knights, lord and warriors. The only thing that was stopping me from jumping into them was the fact they didn't have a tome, so I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it especially if they do actually get more kits.

11 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

I can't wait to find out what they're doing after seeing the new knights, lord and warriors. The only thing that was stopping me from jumping into them was the fact they didn't have a tome, so I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on it especially if they do actually get more kits.

the Tome is going to be published alongside the new start collecting as you can see in the Blood and Glory Preview

5 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Any info on a release date?

In the huge list of leaks posted a little while ago, these dudes are meant to be purchasable on the 14th of December. So far those leaks have been on point so I can see it being legit.

I’m super pumped for the new kits and the ability to play undivided!

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Any info on a release date?

December, so we probably won't see much else than was revealed at Blood and Glory for a few weeks. It's going to be a long wait! I want to see those warscrolls! I got a good feeling about that start collecting box xD

1 minute ago, Dreadmund said:

December, so we probably won't see much else than was revealed at Blood and Glory for a few weeks. It's going to be a long wait! I want to see those warscrolls! I got a good feeling about that start collecting box xD

I just hope they dont take away the marauders barbarian horde special rule I have been abusing for the passed couple weeks/months with Grashrek Fellhoof and Blades of putrefaction! REALLY looking forward to a whole slew of new options to use in my nurgle lists! I REALLY want knights to be REALLY good!

giphy.gif

I hope that the mammouth is still a thing  in the battletom / list. I love this kind of center piece and I'm looking forward to adding one in my army (even if GW & FW don't sell it anymore). I'll put a mumath from lord of the ring with some spikey here and there. luv'it.😍😎

Edited by GeneralZero

30 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I hope that the mammouth is still a thing  in the battletom / list. I love this kind of center piece and I'm looking forward to adding one in my army (even if GW & FW don't sell it anymore). I'll put a mumath from lord of the ring with some spikey here and there. luv'it.😍😎

The mammoth pitched battle profile is forgeworld so unaffected by the new battletome. Also, the war mammoths volume is probably about equal to 3 lotr mammoks!

22 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

The mammoth pitched battle profile is forgeworld so unaffected by the new battletome. Also, the war mammoths volume is probably about equal to 3 lotr mammoks!

I really like the idea of 3 Mammoks in a trench coat as a Chaos War Mammoth conversion concept.

• Haha 6

I am excited by the prospect of Archaon perhaps finally being worth his points (Give dorghar rend & better damage 2k19) and getting fun new ways to beat people over the head with varanguard spears :D Hopefully there'll be some really fun support spells and buffs for the wizards and shrine so that I can really gear up my everchosen elite into true heavy hitters!

Yeah I really hope you don’t have to spam support heroes to buff Archaon up to use him, and that he can be awesome and reliable in a StD army. 

Also it’s only been a couple of days and I’m already getting impatient... I want my heavily armoured freaks to watch the world burn with!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WolfLord0603 said:

I noticed a lot of people on here mentioning getting knights from the SC box but correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the SC comes with Varanguard not knights.   Which would be interesting as Varanguard are almost the cost of an SC box themselves. 

Nope, the content is officially  5 knights 10 warriors and a mounted hero. And I've been told (and I verified) the varanguards are way bigger than knights. I doubt that at this price (in the SC!) GW has oversized his new knights.

41 minutes ago, WolfLord0603 said:

I noticed a lot of people on here mentioning getting knights from the SC box but correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the SC comes with Varanguard not knights.   Which would be interesting as Varanguard are almost the cost of an SC box themselves. 

It's clearly Knights

IMG_20191104_225352.jpg.d642e51a86e46ca76afd2ccda935ef3a.jpg