AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

çSame boat here. But GW wrote that you can mix the new with the old. I think it is doable. Wait n see....

I'm not writing them off, most are still on squares. I'll keep around for other games. 

As I said, I was expecting this. Been on hold since AoS launched until new models and actual battletome. These new kits are definitely going to jumpstart the army again.

Honestly the current knights are not a bad looking kit. The only thing that they sort of lack in is the dynamic of their pose, otherwise they are very nice looking models. The Chaos Warriors are dated and look it, but at the same time paint them the same scheme and mix them with the new ones and you'll have them fitting in.

Plus go check the points - warriors and knights are expensive to deploy. One or two start collecting sets would likely have most of the bulk done - esp if your'e adding in the new big beasts, warbands and perhaps a few demons too. 

Never been so glad to be wrong - I had the leak was wrong. Looks like my Khorne aregetting some reinforcements. I’ll be interested to see the rules for integrating them into the god armies. But regardless I think I’ll be making a pure Slaves force.

Currently I have various items from different kits

chaos sorcerer lord

daemon prince

chaos lord on manticore

2 gore chariots

warshrine

i think the new box or will create a nice little army when mixed in with that

off to write my Christmas list 😀

As it’s rolling in everchosen I really hope they get either a good sub faction of their own or just sweet rules as I would love a viable super elite varanguard army (as previous incarnations were just terrible on the table top). 

currently have Archaon and 6 varangaurd but would love to be able to field 12 of them in a list and it be good. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Reuben Parker said:

As it’s rolling in everchosen I really hope they get either a good sub faction of their own or just sweet rules as I would love a viable super elite varanguard army (as previous incarnations were just terrible on the table top). 

currently have Archaon and 6 varangaurd but would love to be able to field 12 of them in a list and it be good. 

I hope they release the spire tyrants separately without the cards for way less money so I can customize a block of 30-40 of them xD

On 10/30/2019 at 9:39 AM, tamthethird said:

Excited to see if we get a reveal at the weekend. I’ve been painting up my Battleforce purchase in the colours of Slaanesh, but it would be very cool to be able to run an all mortal force with some Varanguard.

The Start Collecting will be a reboxing. New kits don’t go in SC boxes.

Well, I was delighted that this hot take aged with spectacular ungood! 😂

4 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

çSame boat here. But GW wrote that you can mix the new with the old. I think it is doable. Wait n see....

They still look good and share the same aesthetic. I have 10 of the old knights and they aren’t going anywhere.

Edited by tamthethird

5 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Can anyone tell me how the Warcry warbands are in AoS? I've heard so pretty variable accounts of their usefulness but I definitely want to get and field them.

You'd better wait the SdD battletome to have a reliable answer to this question: how will they mix in this "new" army?

Great great Minis but I am still very much looking forward to see the actual rules. Chaos Warriors was my very first army as well when I was 12 or so years old, almost 20 years ago :D

But now I have a pretty big SCE army and am not sure if I have room for another "heavy armor, strong damage output but quite expensive cost wise" army. I hope the tome gives them some new tricks to justify me spending another sack of gold on a new army :P 

2 hours ago, Coolwood said:

What do we think about dates for the next preview then? I reckon they might leave it a few weeks now, especially if it is going to be a mid December release 

It's a smaller release so I think all the previews will come when they do the normal previews leading up to preorder; if the 14th is the right release date then we should start seeing previews Sunday the 1st

10 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Well, obviously. But I'm curious to know how they fare in Slaves to Darkness as of now. Maybe I can get some games in before the book drops in a month and a half.

The situation is exceptional as the StD really start from scratch in AoS. Until now, they have NO BT, so they are really bad because of the lack of everything: synergies, units, army as a whole, etc... Imagine how where CoS a few month ago. Now they are (almost) top tier. I'm smelling something good for our StD but for now, it just stink.