AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 minute ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

All the new sculpts (Warriors, Knights, and the Lord on Chaos Iguana) are going to be released together in a new Start Collecting box. Lovely!

Yeah it's awesome, as long as the new box isn't like hugely overpriced it'll be great being able to buy all the new sculpts with some savings 

Oh, I love this!!! I have 1k in Slaves to Darkness and 3 Warcry warbands, with the new sculpts I'll finally take it to a full 2k army!!! I also have 4k in Khorne and 2K Tzeentch that I'll probably get to play with!!!

Hmmmn no Scenery or Endless spells announced yet...

3 minutes ago, Wraith01 said:

Hmmmn no Scenery or Endless spells announced yet...

Bingo. This mean more announcements to come. May be further releases after the "known" ones in dec 14, may be more info on thoose Warcry Reboxes. I assume there will be another Wave of releases 2020 as all models in the SC! look like monopose at first glance. Would be kin to 40k Shadowspear release stuff

• Like 1

Reading this from community: "Each of these new models will fit in perfectly to your Chaos collection, whether you’re just starting out or bolstering a mighty legion. "

So, by buying only ONE SC! box, I'll modernize my entire StD army! (30 warriors 20 knights 3 charriots 2 manticores 1 shrine), won't I?

PS: it is nice BTW that everything is packed into a SC! box at a really nice price. 

• Like 2

My only fear is thst the new Knights are a case of "half the models for the same price", as current Knights are £35 for Ten. Whereas something like Kavalos Deathriders are Five for £35 and the beauty shot for the new Knights shows five....

19 minutes ago, Charlo said:

My only fear is thst the new Knights are a case of "half the models for the same price", as current Knights are £35 for Ten. Whereas something like Kavalos Deathriders are Five for £35 and the beauty shot for the new Knights shows five....

Huge price increases are expected - but any price increase will be tempered by the existence of the start collecting box.

2 hours ago, decker_cky said:

Huge price increases are expected - but any price increase will be tempered by the existence of the start collecting box.

Well, moderated, anyway. I remember when the Beastmen army book came out for Warhammer the new Gor models were such a mark up that people used to joke "Bad beastmen players get the battle box in their stocking for Christmas".

Well you should be thanking me, I pleased the dark gods by finishing a legendary campaign with Sigvald and now we get these insane sculpts.

During WHFB chaos warriors always looked top notch on the table and delivered now we're hopefully back to that in AoS, I'm excited to see these new dynamic poses up close.

• Thanks 4

I just went all in with Sylvaneth and have been building on my Cities of Sigmar force just before then and now you gotta do this... *sigh* I can pretty much chuck the idea of having only a couple of armies out the window...

EDIT: My only concern is that they’re possibly snap fit, as it wasn’t mentioned at all that these bros will be released separately and seem exclusive to the SC! box.

Edited by Tiberius501

1 minute ago, Tiberius501 said:

I just went all in with Sylvaneth and have been building on my Cities of Sigmar force just before then and now you gotta do this... *sigh* I can pretty much chuck the idea of having only a couple of armies out the window...

EDIT: My only concern is that they’re possibly snap fit, as it wasn’t mentioned at all that these bros will be released separately and seem exclusive to the SC! box.

Oh yes looking at one of the guys in the centre of the SC! box, he looks like he could suspciously snap fit, but that's because he almost reminds me an easy to build pose, I think it's unlikely though.

8 minutes ago, j0lt said:

Oh yes looking at one of the guys in the centre of the SC! box, he looks like he could suspciously snap fit, but that's because he almost reminds me an easy to build pose, I think it's unlikely though.

I don‘t mind that. Even with snap fit you can switch out helmets, weapon hands etc. =}

I guess I‘ll get two Start Collecting boxes

• Like 1