AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, BrocknerTheBear said:

@Agent of Chaos I second the 3+ save on the knights. 

And as the mawtribes shows they are willing to continue with certain finecast miniatures, then I hope they keep the lord on demonic mount model around as he's one of the best models in the range.

Agree but it is actually pretty small. I am very concerned about chosen, it's lorewise my favorite unit along with varanguards

3 minutes ago, minthras said:

Guys a little advice,the chaos warriors is better equip them with halberd or hand weapon? And Choas knight is better equip them with ensorcelled weapons or chaos glaives?

We really do not know how they will perform better with the new tome. Right now i'd go with glaives on knights and Hand weapon on warriors

• Like 2

@minthras the only time you would go halberds on warriors is if you anticipated taking a big unit (15+) where the 2" reach ensures more of them, if not all, will be in range to fight. More often then not hand weapons are the way to go for better hit rolls.

Chaos knights should always be charging so glaives are the way to go. Maybe one unit with hand weapons if you have a few units.

2 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

@minthras the only time you would go halberds on warriors is if you anticipated taking a big unit (15+) where the 2" reach ensures more of them, if not all, will be in range to fight. More often then not hand weapons are the way to go for better hit rolls.

Chaos knights should always be charging so glaives are the way to go. Maybe one unit with hand weapons if you have a few units.

For warriors should it be hand weapon and shield, or double hand weapons? 

@smartazjb0y a mortal wound save is one of the only decent abilities they have going for them so I would say always go shields. Rerolling hits of 1 is good and all but no rend, one damage means you're not causing much harm either way. Plus there are many other ways to get rerolls for hits such as warshrine, mark of khorne with hero buff, Daemonic Power Spell, etc but no other way to get a mortal wound save.

• Like 1

Got 32 warriors and was just thinking about how to best equip them >.< 

as for wish list, I hope they give Unmarked some love...I want to use my Archaon with a bunch of unmarked warriors and knights to just wreck havoc on my opponents, without bringing in any of the other gods 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 6:18 AM, Agent of Chaos said:

chaos knights with a 3+ armour save ( I really miss the days of chaos armour + shield+ barded horse = 1+ save)

Yes!!!!This! I want a big bad cavalry army with backup by actual killers for Chaos Warriors by foot who put the fear in every enemy like they are supposed to.  Maybe some other cool new models/units as well. Something like super heavy armored Chaos Warriors. 

17 minutes ago, Naem said:

Yes!!!!This! I want a big bad cavalry army with backup by actual killers for Chaos Warriors by foot who put the fear in every enemy like they are supposed to.  Maybe some other cool new models/units as well. Something like super heavy armored Chaos Warriors. 

So, Varanguard on foot?!?! :) cuz that’d be sick!!  Come on Saturday!!