AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

3 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

so, what do we think the creature that the reaver is fighting in the background on the left is going to be?

Look at hits tail... and then look at the latest rumour engine

I think it's that "mega dog/mini manticore" in the video

wc.png

• Like 2

A mixed unit of Beasts and Beastmasters would be an awesome flair unit for Darkoath, too.

From now on: Theorycrafting on Units we don´t even know we may get one day:

Due to AoS Rulesetting it would be easy to include having the same profile for the master and beasts and creating diversity by weapon loadout and rules. It would be important to keep in mind that we currently have spells to sniper out single models so the survival of the packmaster shouldn´t decide about how usefull this unit may be. Or, if, it should be a theme similar to the Slaughterbrute were loosing the master means switching modes for the unit. What would be really a tricky point is morale tied to the packmaster. Loosing him leading to a drop down to 3-4 Bravery would be deadly for such a unit. On the other hand it would be a more rewarding target for such sniping-spells and abilities and could improve the feeling and usage of such spells (improving battletomes by creating valid enemies and so on) as long as it doesn´t punish the fielding player too much. Therefore a mechanic like on the slaughterbrute which shuts down normal damage for potential, but more unreliable, mortal wounds. Like "If this Unit doesn´t contain a Beastmaster do not make any attacks with it´s meele weapons during the Combat Step . Instead roll a dice for each enemy model within 1" of this unit. On a roll of X+ this models unit suffers a Mortal Wound". As Downside the Beastmaster could allow rerolls and wield a potent weapon which would be lost after being slain. This would give such a hypothetical unit an interesting touch in gameplay as the controlling player as the opponent could trigger some neat decisions. Do I wan´t to dish out better normal damage? Or do i require rather Mortal Wounds? How can I sacrifice my Beastmaster when needed? Do I want as an enemy to kill the beastmaster to tune down the offensive potential of the unit but risk it to surpass my defense as mortal wound? Do I want to hurt this unit and risk the beastmaster to die?
This would be potential to some preatty amazing game design here.

• Like 1

Ok they ARE Furies!

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-Furie10jbnvdjs.jp

And evil ducks!

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-Raptoryx11ljbfhsb

AND OGORS/CHAOS DUARDIN! Chaos Dwarfs coming back! (for a warband...)

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-IronGolem18ejvrhs

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-IronGolem8herbhvh

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-IronGolem9bgvhfs.

Other guys look cool. Apparently their fluff is that they're forgers of arms and armor, hailing from Chamon.

Edited by kenshin620
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

7 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

If this is where the new StD/Darkoath is aiming at, I'm not super happy as it doesn't look good side by side with my StD army :/. (but I don't mean they look bad, they look great) Lets wait and see...

Keep in mind that each warband is "unique", each hails from a different realm I assume.

There are 6 warcry factions, so 6 different looks, much like the necromunda gangs.

On 3/28/2019 at 3:39 AM, kenshin620 said:

AND OGORS/CHAOS DUARDIN! Chaos Dwarfs coming back! (for a warband...)

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-IronGolem18ejvrhs

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-IronGolem8herbhvh

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-IronGolem9bgvhfs.

Other guys look cool. Apparently their fluff is that they're forgers of arms and armor, hailing from Chamon.

THIS is an awesome RED ARMOUR, not the blades of khorne ones

I would like to paint NON khornite warriors in this colours

• Confused 1

Hey fellow servants of the dark gods, I’m considering jumping into Darkoath/Slaves to darkness, and I’ve got a Warshrine. Now I’m also a Khorne player, so I had initially been considering turning my Warshrine into a blade of Khorne one, but because of the new releases, I’m considering making it Undivided, and jumping into this faction, especially with the new Darkoath aesthetic they have going on.

When do you guys think GW will finally release them? I had been hoping adeptucon, but nothing so far (Absolutely thrilled at adeptucon still, but Slaanesh and Fyreslayers still ain’t my thing). And if I do jump in, should I grab the relatively old models like Chosen or chaos warriors or marauders? Or are they in danger of being phased out? 

One thing I feel these guys will get are lots of Chariots. In the Warqueen book, there was a heavy focus on Darkoath Chariots

i also noticed a  single Chaos leader uniting and leading multiple varied tribes, each with their own beliefs and interpretation of the Chaos gods that were unique and different. What do you guys think? 

11 hours ago, Kaz said:

Hey fellow servants of the dark gods, I’m considering jumping into Darkoath/Slaves to darkness, and I’ve got a Warshrine. Now I’m also a Khorne player, so I had initially been considering turning my Warshrine into a blade of Khorne one, but because of the new releases, I’m considering making it Undivided, and jumping into this faction, especially with the new Darkoath aesthetic they have going on.

When do you guys think GW will finally release them? I had been hoping adeptucon, but nothing so far (Absolutely thrilled at adeptucon still, but Slaanesh and Fyreslayers still ain’t my thing). And if I do jump in, should I grab the relatively old models like Chosen or chaos warriors or marauders? Or are they in danger of being phased out? 

One thing I feel these guys will get are lots of Chariots. In the Warqueen book, there was a heavy focus on Darkoath Chariots

i also noticed a  single Chaos leader uniting and leading multiple varied tribes, each with their own beliefs and interpretation of the Chaos gods that were unique and different. What do you guys think? 

Slaves to Darkness lack a murder machine at the moment.  The closest they get are chosen with either Khorne or SLaanesh buffs.  Their other units provide nice anvils but are outclassed on offense level.  My chaos army is composed of a core of chaos warriors taking up battleline and then depending on what God I devote to I take the best offensive units from that faction.  If you wanted to go purely slaves to darkness I would invest in knights, chosen, chaos warriors and chaos lord on mount.  

• Like 3

On 4/2/2019 at 2:48 PM, Kaz said:

Well, Slaves Alligience currently is all about heroes killing heroes and monsters, which is quite fun but not really what wins you games. Especially as the reward for a killing blow can be turning your heroes into a chaos spawn.

Our only big hitters are Choosen, which are expensive in $ and points, and Knights, which really depend on buffs and the charge to be effective. You could also build some Units of Warriors with Greatblades and Helbards to fight with 2 rows, but currently there are quite many spells which can break the formation and kill half of your unit if you are unlucky. 

As already said: The best bet is going for another alligience. The Mark of Chaos allows this, which makes us really shine. Nurgle has some great spells and abilities to make big warrior blobs faster, Khorne with the new battletome also gives us some potential threads like more attacks, better anti-magic, mortal wounds and rend. Tzeentch has also some nice sheningans, same manner with Slaanesh.

Allying single heroes from other alligiences can also be quite helpfull, f.E. the Lord of Slaanesh of Daemon Mount together with the Lord of Chaos on Daemonic Mount can wreck serious havoc in a list with some Chaos Knights with Glaives. You could get the unit to hit with 2 Attacks at 2+/3+ -1 2 and fight twice for 3CP and with a Sorcerer Lord on Daemonic Mount this could be even improved with rerolls to 1 for hit/wound rolls. Thats the best theorycrafted Deathstar I came up so far for StD.

Hello fellow Slaves ! I've just came up with a new list and it have run very well , yesterday i played a matched game against one of the best player here in the area ( a sylvaneth player ) and managed to win at the end of the fourth turn ! Slave to darkness aliance with blades of khorne ally ! Have a look !( the artefact of the lord on manticore is the sword with rend -3 )

Allegiance: Slaves to Darkness
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount(140)
- Mark of Chaos: Tzeentch 
Chaos Lord on Manticore (250)
- General
- Blade & Lance
- Trait: Master of Deception 
- Artefact: Dimensional Blade 
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runesword
Bloodstoker (80)
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Chaos Warriors (480)
- Halberd & Shield
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- Greatblades
10 x Chaos Knights (320)
- Chaos Glaives 

Units
2 x Chaos Gorebeast Chariots (200)
- Greatblades 
2 x Skull Cannons (280)
- Allies
Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 360 / 400
Wounds: 156

What do you think ? The two skull cannons has been incredible 

I was reading over the warscrolls for the 2 Darkoath heros (queen and conan dude) and reading the warscrolls for the Shadespire warband and i see no indication that Darkoath units will be able to take marks like the rest of StD can. Most StD have a bonus right on the warscroll... Has anyone else thought this might be the case? I could see them being their own sub faction that doea not operate the way rest of army does.

13 hours ago, ChaosUndivided said:

I was reading over the warscrolls for the 2 Darkoath heros (queen and conan dude) and reading the warscrolls for the Shadespire warband and i see no indication that Darkoath units will be able to take marks like the rest of StD can. Most StD have a bonus right on the warscroll... Has anyone else thought this might be the case? I could see them being their own sub faction that doea not operate the way rest of army does.

Maybe they don't want to worry about any new Darkoath units to be abusable in Mono-God armies. Perhaps a future Battletome includes an Allegiance ability that allows them to pick marks at set-up in their own army.

Really looking forward to see what is in store for Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen/Darkoath in general!

2 hours ago, Infernalslayer said:

Maybe they don't want to worry about any new Darkoath units to be abusable in Mono-God armies. Perhaps a future Battletome includes an Allegiance ability that allows them to pick marks at set-up in their own army.

Yeah this is whats leading me to bet they don't work the same. I think its also the reason why StD is lack luster right now... Too hard to balance across multiple factions it could be used along side so everything is kinda generic and sub par. It just makes their job easier as rules writers, not to mention that each faction is updated at seprate times making it more likely to have unintended combos/unbalance. 

If Darkoath is really to stand out and have interested playstyle i think it will have to be self contained.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 12:39 AM, ChaosUndivided said:

they could go down the god battalion route as BoC have