AoS 2 - Slaves to Darkness / Darkoath Discussion

Gaz Taylor

How do you fit Archaon into a StD list? I'm an AoS noob but it looks like he is Everchosen with his own (rather limited) Everchosen options and looking at Slaves to Darkness in Battlescribe you can't add him into a regular list. And, at 2000pts he's outside the points of allies where I'd imagine he'd be front of centre of mortal armies. I'm obviously missing something. 

At the moment, the simple answer is no; but seeing GW gathering those allegiance together in their shop (like they did for some other factions, latest beeing gobs), it seems pretty clear to the comunity that the upcoming chaos book will be StD+Everchosen+darkoath in one faction.

14 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

In the meantime you can run Archaon with slaves units as Chaos Undivided allegiance. The slaves allegiance is trash anyway so you're not losing much. 

I don't think it is that trash, at least not the Slaanesh one! Re rolling runs and charges + having Lord of Chaos to enable you to RUN  + CHARGE, it is great!

But the artefacts are uber TRASH! Man, I'd love to use the MARK OF THE ALL FAVOURED to give my Daemon Prince or Lord of Chaos all of his abilities, but GW thought it was TOO STRONG and denied us it in the FAQ! Come on GW... is not that StD are strong right now!

• Like 1

True the aura effects aren't all bad however a 6" range is pretty limiting and the khorne buff especially is pretty useless for a lot of units, especially if you bring a warshrine. 

I was mostly referring to the eye of the gods allegiance ability which is highly situational with mild to weak benefits even when it does go off. 

And yes, the artifacts are all fairly average to poor. 

55 minutes ago, Agent of Chaos said:

True the aura effects aren't all bad however a 6" range is pretty limiting and the khorne buff especially is pretty useless for a lot of units, especially if you bring a warshrine. 

I was mostly referring to the eye of the gods allegiance ability which is highly situational with mild to weak benefits even when it does go off. 

And yes, the artifacts are all fairly average to poor. 

Auras all have a range of "sacred number" now, 6" was the last ghb.

Mark of khorne does allow you to save your warshrine for a different unit, same with mark of nurgle.

12 hours ago, AdamR said:

Auras all have a range of "sacred number" now, 6" was the last ghb.

Mark of khorne does allow you to save your warshrine for a different unit, same with mark of nurgle.

Sadly Slaanesh sacred number is 6! ahahahhaha

At least for me, I always have an HQ next to units so the range is not that bad!

LVO is the second weekend in February, and they do a nice big reveal there. With the hobby tutorials and the new Underworlds warband, I'm fairly expecting to see a Slaves to Darkness Battletome out of it.

Easy bet is a "soup" Battletome that also includes Everchosen. Maybe Command Abilities and Artifacts also split between "traditional" Slaves (Chaos Lords, Sorcerers, etc) vs Darkoath Barbarians (Warchief, Shamen?, new stuff).

Godsworn Hunt

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-godsworn-hunt-en.pdf

Nice  to have a basic troop with 2 ranged options also. I hope they are not too hight in points.

By the way, the superb thing that interest me: they are Slave to Darkness !!!  Doarkoath is officially StD. I'm happy.

Now, we have to see the mounted troops (light cavalry?) and (fingers crossed) a bigger beast (big mounted or bigger monster...)

I agree, but it’ll be interesting to see what slant they put on these guys.

i wonder if they will all get this preferred target thing that the warband have.

Im particularly interested to see what new centrepeice if any and terrain peice and endless spells the darkoath/everchosen/slaves release will get.

12 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

By the way, the superb thing that interest me: they are Slave to Darkness !!!  Doarkoath is officially StD. I'm happy.

Wouldnt look too much into this if i was you. The other 3 Harbingers all had keyword changes once their faction had a release.

Edited by Ungface

11 hours ago, Ungface said:

Wouldnt look too much into this if i was you. The other 3 Harbingers all had keyword changes once their faction had a release.

But they didn't lose any, shaman is still moonclan, and ordinator is still Stormcast. So Warqueen and Godsworn Hunt could gain Darkoath keyword, but they'll be StD too.

Just now, michu said:

But they didn't lose any, shaman is still moonclan, and ordinator is still Stormcast. So Warqueen and Godsworn Hunt could gain Darkoath keyword, but they'll be StD too.

Thats doesnt mean they are officially confirmed to be staying Slaves to Darkness. they could just be interim StD so they can be used easily in games until the Darkoath Keyword actually means something.

I think Darkoath may become a keyword, but will not be separate from Slaves to Darkness or whatever the heck the Undivided army will be called. I can't really see them becoming a full on faction, unless it's a relatively "micro" faction like Daughters of Khaine which relies a lot on dual kits (5 dual kits+character is the entire army).

If anything, the Harbingers so far have been a "part" of a larger army. Ordinator is Sacrosant,  a keyword within SCE. Fungroid Cave Shaman is Moonclan, a keyword within Gloomspite Gitz.

And alright true, Knight of Shrouds is in his own army, Nighthaunt, but NH is pretty large faction (without relying on dual kits....not counting hex wraiths) and half of the NH models can also be a part of Legions of Nagash.

19 hours ago, michu said:

Something like that never happened. On the contrary.

The difference is that the warqueen is the one harbinger assigned to an antirely new army whereas the other 3 were already in somewhat fleshed out factions.

Dont forget that the harbinger scrolls completely change once the army is released. Including generic orfer keywords to stormcast for example

Also no one saw what happened to nighthaunt coming, and not many people predicted they could expand the nighthaunt range from basically spirit hosts to what it is now. They could easily create a huge and varied darkoath range.

Edited by Ungface