AoS 2 - Clan Skyre Discussion

Gaz Taylor

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

3 wheels charge!!! I was close to sell one of mine, I think that I keep them all (3) !!

I'll have 3 packs of Carrion empire: how many  Warlock Bombardier  is interesting to keep? 1, 2 or 3? (my first though was 2 but...I'm totally new to skaven)

Well the bombardier is relatively new to us all,  but from paper and what I heard, 3of them could do a ton of damage especially since they only costs about the same amount of points as the normal warlock engineer.

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well the bombardier is relatively new to us all,  but from paper and what I heard, 3of them could do a ton of damage especially since they only costs about the same amount of points as the normal warlock engineer.

I’ll be swapping my Engineer for a Bombardier purely for that rocket attack. Admittedly it’s only one attack but that 24” is better than the 9” pistol and it’s the same range as WLCs so he can babysit one or two and chip in with some damage as well. Same spell too. Luckily I have the Spire of Dawn Engineer but those old sculpts are fugly. 

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Bombardier is 120 pts compared to 100 for a basic Warplock Engineer, so 20 points for his Doomrocket !

1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

I’ll be swapping my Engineer for a Bombardier purely for that rocket attack. Admittedly it’s only one attack but that 24” is better than the 9” pistol and it’s the same range as WLCs so he can babysit one or two and chip in with some damage as well. Same spell too. Luckily I have the Spire of Dawn Engineer but those old sculpts are fugly. 

Doomrocket is 18" so maybe can't hit with it if you're standing next to your WLC (to buff it) firing at max range 

Edited by Ecko

32 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I dunno if I go the mixed route as the carrions boxes are pure skryre. 

BTW, how many clanrats?

Well if you want to go just skyre, I guess you’d have to wait till the book comes out, because without it I don’t really know if you can have anything but skyre in your armie. 

Go for a more mixed armie, your good of. Having around 80clanrats as a starter and afterwards if going into the tournamanet heavy scene, at least 120.

but in the end it literally just matters what you want to take, afterall nobody wants to play with a unit that he/she doesn’t like.

44 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I dunno if I go the mixed route as the carrions boxes are pure skryre. 

BTW, how many clanrats?

3 carrion empire halfs is not really the best start to an army.... You probably do not want 3 WLC or bombardiers, you definitely do not want 3 doomwheels, and we don't know yet if stormfiends are any good after their changes.  It's just not great variety of good stuff. If I had 0 skaven I still would probably only go for 1 half, 2 max. 

Anyway, even if it were good to run all of those models in one list, that's only 18 models.  You won't really be able to score any points because you'll lose any objective your contested at (since most objectives are "most models in range"), which is why people are suggesting clan rats.   It's the same reason BCR is in a bad spot, and Gloomspite pure Troggoth lists, and any other such list will always have an issue. 

My way to go: 3 carrion is to have a pool of skaven big pieces (that I already like).

My fav probably is the stormfiends, playing them by 3x3 or 3+6. Then, I can pick up any combination of tools. Wheels sounds like a devastating yet a bit random cavalry, canon is ...canon (ranged suport yet efficient), bombardier idem.

From there, I know that I have several way of playing them.  during the year, I'll go thanquol (superb mini), vermilord and bell (also superb).

Then I just need some utilities: clan rats, vermins, maybe additional lords/wizzards....

The bonus? the 3 cores carrion costed me less than 100eur ;-) meaning a nice army for cheap!

PS: skaven sound so fun that I don't really care pure competitive

Edited by GeneralZero

Well as its getting to midweek we can expect to start seeing more Battletomes landing peoples hands from now on! Some 3rd party stores ship out shipments a little early so that it arrives for the Saturday period, and sometimes postage is nice and it gets there a day early or so. 

That aside are there plans to make a new Skaven 2.0 unified thread? 

14 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Yeah, I’ve heard it’s 100 from 2 sources. He is 18” for the rocket though, my bad. 

From GMG review it's 120 pts for Bombardier

10 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

I don't know the points of the wheel but it sounds to me like a nice super messing unit in the lines of the enemy. I like it. 

Wheel is 160 pts 

9 hours ago, angrywicket said:

I'm also pretty sure there is a command ability that lets you double a Doomwheel's movement. 2 times 4d6! Here we go!

It's a Skryre artifact that let you double mouvement on a warmachine but you take d3 MW 

1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Is that what is says on the page? Can’t see on my phone screen but I’ve listened to twice and he definitely says 100. Not listened to Facehammer again but pretty sure they also said 100. 

No couldn't read either but i was pretty sure he said 120 and the would be odd if he was the same pts as an Engineer, same profile with better weapon, nobody would play Engineer anymore