AoS 2 - Clan Skyre Discussion

Gaz Taylor

8 hours ago, sorokyl said:

@ZinnarThey can't ally with anyone..their allies list is "skaventide" (probably so people aren't confused/asking questions)

Isn't this confirmation that pure skryre armies CAN ally with any skaventide units? Allies by GWs own definition do not break the army allegiance, meaning the "battleline if army is skryre allegiance" would still be intact when taking skaventide allies without the skryre keyword.

4 minutes ago, Kraxriket said:

Isn't this confirmation that pure skryre armies CAN ally with any skaventide units? Allies by GWs own definition do not break the army allegiance, meaning the "battleline if army is skryre allegiance" would still be intact when taking skaventide allies without the skryre keyword.

If this is the case (I have not seen the book) then I would think you are completely correct- e.g you can take a skryre list, ally in 400 points of clanrats in the same way you can ally in a vampire or two into nighthaunt quite happily? Or is there some shifty wording preventing this? 

2 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Russrmc You're right. In fact the core rules outright define a 'normal move' as one that occurs in the movement phase, in addition the move must be using the move characteristic of the model. 

So no shenannigains. However, the Doomwheel CAN deal mortal wounds to the same target two times each turn - during the movement phase and after charging. So rolling over an enemy unit, followed by a charge will let you hit them twice.

The updated Doomwheel seems cool!

2 hours ago, Russrmc said:

If this is the case (I have not seen the book) then I would think you are completely correct- e.g you can take a skryre list, ally in 400 points of clanrats in the same way you can ally in a vampire or two into nighthaunt quite happily? Or is there some shifty wording preventing this? 

I want to say- and nobody will be happier than me if I'm wrong- that the requirement that 100% of your army has the [clan] keyword in order to gain conditional battleline stops you taking any allies at all. 

16 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Which Verminlord can be plaid with skryre and/or stormfiends?

Which Verminlord is best with skryre and/or stormfiends?

(well, even if not so competitive, I like big guys :P)

I have no idea as to what's best yet, but if you want to go pure Skryre allegiance, you can still take Masterclan units as your general. So Warpseer, Warpgnaw and Skreech Verminking.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kirjava13 said:

I want to say- and nobody will be happier than me if I'm wrong- that the requirement that 100% of your army has the [clan] keyword in order to gain conditional battleline stops you taking any allies at all. 

That would prevent clan Pestilens from being able to take Nurgle allies though since by taking allies they would lose all battle line options. Pestilens clearly is at least intended to have Nurgle as an ally. Also why else list the faction as an ally option with itself? No other Battletome or allegiance does so, I know gits doesn’t for a recent example.

44 minutes ago, herohammer said:

That would prevent clan Pestilens from being able to take Nurgle allies though since by taking allies they would lose all battle line options. Pestilens clearly is at least intended to have Nurgle as an ally. Also why else list the faction as an ally option with itself? No other Battletome or allegiance does so, I know gits doesn’t for a recent example.

I can't say for certain until Thursday, just that that's the impression I've got from two different reviews. If that isn't the intent, why bother with the '100%' wording?

9 hours ago, herohammer said:

I don't think it is intended for Pestilens to be able to include Nurgle. Nurgle does not have any rats under its allegiance list, but it doesn't need it.  All of the Pestilens models have (still have) the "Nurgle" keyword. Pestilens are not allies in a Nurgle army, they are just in it. 

One way allegiances / includes are not uncommon.  Goblins can join an Ironjawz army, but no Ironjawz orruk would follow a Goblin army... 

8 hours ago, herohammer said:

Why have Nurgle as an ally listed for clan Pestilens if they can’t legally take nurgle allies? 

I assume this will get faq 

The old Clan Pestilens Battletome (and GHB) had Nurgle as an ally. That is going away (that battletome is invalid with the new one) 
I think everything is as intended here. 

You can still make a Nurgle list with pestilens, but the servants of nurgle will not follow the cause of the Horned Rat. 

The new battle tome includes "Nurgle" as ally option for an army with the Pestilens allegiance. I am not talking about the old battle tome. If  the "all units must be clan X" includes your 1/4 ally points it prevents Pestilense from being able to take allies, which they are clearly supposed to be able to take since it is spelled out in the battle tome that they have Nurgle as an ally.

My guess is that this will be resolved either day one with the designers commentary or soon thereafter with an FAQ/Errata.

The FEC battle tome has a similar head scratcher as it has an item which is Courtier only that allows courtiers to use a command ability "on their warscroll" without spending a command point...trouble is that no courtiers have a command ability on their war scroll. On the other hand, all FEC characters share the feeding frenzy command ability so it is clear that the intent of the item is to allow a courtier to use feeding frenzy without spending a command point.

A similar editorial mix up happened when GHB 2018 came out with incorrect point values for a handful of Idoneth Deepkin units and a more recent one was in the Gloomspite Gets book where no # of models was listed for how many fanatics you get in Path to Glory.

11 hours ago, sorokyl said:

I don't think it is intended for Pestilens to be able to include Nurgle. Nurgle does not have any rats under its allegiance list, but it doesn't need it.  All of the Pestilens models have (still have) the "Nurgle" keyword. Pestilens are not allies in a Nurgle army, they are just in it. 

One way allegiances / includes are not uncommon.  Goblins can join an Ironjawz army, but no Ironjawz orruk would follow a Goblin army... 

The old Clan Pestilens Battletome (and GHB) had Nurgle as an ally. That is going away (that battletome is invalid with the new one) 
I think everything is as intended here. 

You can still make a Nurgle list with pestilens, but the servants of nurgle will not follow the cause of the Horned Rat. 

I may be wrong, but to be able to ally Nurgle units you only need your general to be Clan pestilens. So an army with a Clan pestilens general, some clanrats battleline and some plague monks and any other Clan Pestilens stuff can have any Nurgle units as allies. It's a bit stupid but it seems to be a thing !

33 minutes ago, angrywicket said:

I think I heard somewhere that masterclan can be included in a specific clan build (skryre etc). Does anyone know if this is true, as I'm wondering whether I can take thanquol or a verminlord?

You can take a unit with the MASTERCLAN keyword as your general without it breaking your allegiance.

So Doomwheels can fly over endless spells. They can move over (any) models with 3 HP or less. Endless spells have no HP. They are models. Uh, what?!

Thats a nice Palisade you've got there. Be'd a shame if someone VRrrroooOOOOMMMM *procedes to drive vertically up and over*

How many Doomwheels can I field because these sound more and more fun. 

On 2/12/2019 at 10:17 AM, Ecko said:

I may be wrong, but to be able to ally Nurgle units you only need your general to be Clan pestilens. So an army with a Clan pestilens general, some clanrats battleline and some plague monks and any other Clan Pestilens stuff can have any Nurgle units as allies. It's a bit stupid but it seems to be a thing !

say does anybody know if our so beloved Verminlords will also be able to take magic from a certain lore?

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

say does anybody know if our so beloved Verminlords will also be able to take magic from a certain lore?

The review said it was Grey Seer only so that looks like a no. 

Still realm spells tend to be pretty good and they have pretty awesome uniques so that shouldn't really be an issue. 

15 minutes ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

So Doomwheels can fly over endless spells. They can move over (any) models with 3 HP or less. Endless spells have no HP. They are models. Uh, what?!

Thats a nice Palisade you've got there. Be'd a shame if someone VRrrroooOOOOMMMM *procedes to drive vertically up and over*

How many Doomwheels can I field because these sound more and more fun. 

The rules set is permissive.

The Endless Spells don't have any wounds which does not mean the same as having 0 wounds, which in turn means that they do not have less 3 wounds. As they don't have less than 3 wounds they can't be driven over which means the Doom Wheel can't pass over barriers or other endless spells and must treat them as normal.