AoS 2 - Clan Verminus / Skaven Discussion

Gaz Taylor

Hello verminous foes.  An agent of Nagash has a lore question for the twitching hordes over here.

What do we know about Gnaw-holes in the lore other than the large one that was burrowed into the sea and drowned all the skittering fools who dug it?  Can small groups/bands of Skaven dig their own small Gnaw-holes or are these done with specific ingenious warpstone fueled tech?

Would the Eschin creepers who threw off the Lord Nagash's fancy black triangle have had to infiltrate Shyish through realmgates, or could a handful of the rat men weasel their way into locations via small Gnaw-holes?

42 minutes ago, Nevar said:

Hello verminous foes.  An agent of Nagash has a lore question for the twitching hordes over here.

What do we know about Gnaw-holes in the lore other than the large one that was burrowed into the sea and drowned all the skittering fools who dug it?  Can small groups/bands of Skaven dig their own small Gnaw-holes or are these done with specific ingenious warpstone fueled tech?

Would the Eschin creepers who threw off the Lord Nagash's fancy black triangle have had to infiltrate Shyish through realmgates, or could a handful of the rat men weasel their way into locations via small Gnaw-holes?

I always figured they were some sort of warpstone/magic thing.

15 hours ago, Nevar said:

Well Gnawholes we’re firstly mentioned with the FW Verminlord, after that and with the end of malignant portents it started to be some kind of hole dug by Stormfiends and warp grinder teams.

since there isn’t much lore or anything known about the skaven in aos, it isn’t really known if the other clans with the exeption of skyre also own their own kind of machinery/sorcery to dig up a tunnel to another realm.

the only thing we do know, is that skaven are still working mostly together.(which really made me happy, when I read about it, since splitting up such a big faction into multiple smaller unwieldy ones was a big mistake (that’s just my opinion))

the Eshin creepers, who infiltrated shyish, went through the gnawhole, which brought doom upon the Deepkins.##

##ps: you can find this written in the core rule book for aos 2.0.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well Gnawholes we’re firstly mentioned with the FW Verminlord, after that and with the end of malignant portents it started to be some kind of hole dug by Stormfiends and warp grinder teams.

since there isn’t much lore or anything known about the skaven in aos, it isn’t really known if the other clans with the exeption of skyre also own their own kind of machinery/sorcery to dig up a tunnel to another realm.

the only thing we do know, is that skaven are still working mostly together.(which really made me happy, when I read about it, since splitting up such a big faction into multiple smaller unwieldy ones was a big mistake (that’s just my opinion))

the Eshin creepers, who infiltrated shyish, went through the gnawhole, which brought doom upon the Deepkins.##

##ps: you can find this written in the core rule book for aos 2.0.

That is basically all I thought already besides where the ninja rats came from.

I was trying to get a more solid understanding of the Gnaw-holes for the purposes of background fluff for my own armies and the like, and no stories are complete without some Skaven interference.  From what you guys are telling me, it does not seem like a small group of like a dozen Skaven could dig their own personal Gnaw-holes, and the holes are a much grander scale construct.

Also, as a big fan of the Skaven, their fracturing into half a dozen smaller faction was what convinced me not to play them.  I love the Skaven, but most of their models are dated, yet even still I could get passed that because they also have some very good ones.  Problem was, making a proper Skaven army requires a mix of all kinds of 'clans' that the 400 points of allies really does not support.  Clan Skyre has the most options inside their own faction to help you make a good mixed list, but their battle line is limited to only Acolytes who are nearly impossible to find, or Stormfiends who are cool, but not really what you imagine as Skaven mainline.  I think they should have at least given Clan Rats as battle line to all the clans.

• Like 2

Regarding who can make gnawholes: In the malign portents short story where we follow a Moulder master as he and his army burrows towards Shyish (only to be drowned moments later) - They're using some specifically bred monstrosity, or a machine of some sorts.

That gnawhole was not done by a Warpgnaw Verminlord, which might be why it went so poorly. Grey Seer manipulations aside.

Great news for Verminus/Skaven from the new FAQ! The new max size for Stormvermin is 40, not 30

Remember how in the GHB the pricing made no sense (a max unit of 30 cost more than 3 units of 10)? That's been clarified, max unit size should be 40

Enjoy your very cost efficient max units of Stormvermin! 

39 minutes ago, Lord_Skrolk said:

Great news for Verminus/Skaven from the new FAQ! The new max size for Stormvermin is 40, not 30

Remember how in the GHB the pricing made no sense (a max unit of 30 cost more than 3 units of 10)? That's been clarified, max unit size should be 40

Enjoy your very cost efficient max units of Stormvermin! 

40 for.. How much?

50 minutes ago, robbobobo said:

BACK TO THE STATUS QUO, YES-YES.

EDIT: Check out this sweet, sweet nerf the Warlord on foot got, same wording as Spiteclaw.

There's some other changes too we should look at.

AAAAA.PNG

sweet, sweet nerf.PNG

Well spitclaws command ability is a slight bit better since it says within and not wholly within.

as for stormvermins, I’m definitely happy that their size got bigger again,

but i really was hopping for a point decrease like the bestigors (who are a slight bit better then them)

to 300 for 30

I'm wondering why is Skaven being nerfed so hard? Verminus, Skryre, Pestilens, Eshin... Only Moulder is left untouched!

Surely a conspiracy from Clan Moulder to run the council of thirteen.

We will take revenge, yes-yes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, michu said:

Yeah, now second Deathrunner dissapears when you use his artefact, trait or ability. https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/age_of_sigmar_silver_tower_warscrolls_errata_en.pdf

How those this than work with the crown of conquest.

it is nowhere stated that you have to use it but rather said that it is always activated.

those this than mean, that both Deathrunner will be taken of the board, because of both being an illusion or is it just that both of them are real?

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

How those this than work with the crown of conquest.

it is nowhere stated that you have to use it but rather said that it is always activated.

those this than mean, that both Deathrunner will be taken of the board, because of both being an illusion or is it just that both of them are real?

I think we need an extra faq for just skaven?.

9 minutes ago, Num said:

I'm wondering why is Skaven being nerfed so hard? Verminus, Skryre, Pestilens, Eshin... Only Moulder is left untouched!

Surely a conspiracy from Clan Moulder to run the council of thirteen.

We will take revenge, yes-yes

Mmmh, maybe Gw is trying to tell us, that those list were just hidius and not being needed, because the next battletome will be a mixed skaven one

(hopfully? still wishing that that’s the reason  of all those nerfs)

44 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Mmmh, maybe Gw is trying to tell us, that those list were just hidius and not being needed, because the next battletome will be a mixed skaven one

(hopfully? still wishing that that’s the reason  of all those nerfs)

I've been saying to my group the only update Skaven even need is some new lore bits and a Legions of Nagash Style book.  All of the units are relatively solid and with some good artifacts and keyword changes for synergies they'll be awesome.  

25 minutes ago, Gash Bauer said:

I've been saying to my group the only update Skaven even need is some new lore bits and a Legions of Nagash Style book.  All of the units are relatively solid and with some good artifacts and keyword changes for synergies they'll be awesome.  

Well if Gw would but some great spell in it it would definitely be a great start for a skaven release,

unfortunately, their never have been any rumors or hints leading to something like this.

but we can at least dream and hope for the best.

until than who wants to try out a very nasty skaven summoning list, with which you could easily summon 210rats from the first battleground on and after that about 30 per round.

(Archaon didn’t got nerved, from the looks of it)

lets show those mostly misunderstood Gw imploys the power of the horned rat.

(ps: this idea of an hardcore list wasn’t mine, so the credit shouldn’t be given to me but rather to someone else)

(ps: do not use this for a friendly game, even as a skaven player you will need friends (to use them and gain their trust yes-yes) (just joking))

AD80A5B4-DE81-4CF8-B05B-154D8174A35F.png

What do you guys think about the assassin nerf? It pretty much makes him useless now right? He doesn't even attack before everything else anymore and the limit on where you can set him up ruins him. I don't know why they didn't just make him the same as that order assassin. I guess they didn't like the skitterleap combo....really strange to change it after the original faqs

At least it seems more thematic than hiding it in the robe of some arch warlock :)

Do you guys think that if we have several warlords we could still buff one jbit several time? Does the "this command ability" refers to the specific warlord's one, or to gnash gnash their bone ?

12 minutes ago, Num said:

At least it seems more thematic than hiding it in the robe of some arch warlock :)

Do you guys think that if we have several warlords we could still buff one jbit several time? Does the "this command ability" refers to the specific warlord's one, or to gnash gnash their bone ?

Refers to gnash gnash

I'm just happy to be able to feel good painting Stormvermin again. I'll be back to running the 30-man block in my armies, not having a heavy hitter like them really hindered any clearing power we had. Might even run the Verminlord Warbringer for extra spice; 'Tryant of Battle' with a timely 'Gnash-Gnaw on their Bones!' will turn any unit into meaty chunks with the Stormvermin.