AoS 2 - Clan Verminus / Skaven Discussion

Gaz Taylor

10 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

I mean...

...At least they don't look like stunted apes anymore, so I'm fine with it.

Very true, the old skaven models do look a bit like monkeys lol. Although I like them a lot, I'm hoping we get new updated models for some of the older units whenever carrion empire and the upcoming news GW teased is released (any day now... 😣)

8 hours ago, Kramer said:

(necromunda models sadly)

The grenades would unfortunately make them look a bit out of place in AoS, but the ones without could work as alternatives to giant rats, maybe for a skryre theme? I love the little candles, very cute (until they blow up 😋).

@Skavelynn I would anticipate us to get at the very least a few updated models, but maybe not on a Gloomspite level... it's really hard to say honestly. Normally announcements like these are done 1-3 months in advance so.. Maybe March\April?

One thing to note is LVO is next weekend so it's likely there will be some announcements there.

Well, I guess I am starting a Skaven Army in 2 Weeks.

The Endless Spells are a bit concerning. The Rat Swarm is great, the Bell also althrough could be used 1:1 as Nurgle one without the lightnings. But the three Warpstones look incredibly fragile. I am really wondering what the Designers tought about this one.

Battletome Skaven let it sounds like the Clans will be reunited again as in the Beast of Chaos Battletome, which makes some things easier

Awesome! I guess my complaining from yesterday worked 😆

I'm glad they are going for the LoN style tome, it's what I was wanting and think it will work well for skaven. Can't wait to read it. The endless spells are a little underwhelming looking imo plus no new minis, but hopefully the bombardier and rules are neat.

What do you guys think about the gnawholes? I wonder if they'll be used for teleportation, or maybe summoning units from them? In lore the skaven use them to travel between the realms

36 minutes ago, Skavelynn said:

Awesome! I guess my complaining from yesterday worked 😆

I'm glad they are going for the LoN style tome, it's what I was wanting and think it will work well for skaven. Can't wait to read it. The endless spells are a little underwhelming looking imo plus no new minis, but hopefully the bombardier and rules are neat.

What do you guys think about the gnawholes? I wonder if they'll be used for teleportation, or maybe summoning units from them? In lore the skaven use them to travel between the realms

I had a feeling they would get terrain like a burrow or holes for deepstriking or unit replenishment 

No new minis like Legions but updated rules will be amazing by itself. I would like plastic kits though cuz f all those metal/finecast.

I have no doubts the terrain will be like gravesites in a way. Deepstriking or unit replenishment or both.

The endless spells like like aoe area denial type stuff which is cool.

Well there is that new one with the rocket launcher looking weapon.

6 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

No new minis like Legions but updated rules will be amazing by itself. I would like plastic kits though cuz f all those metal/finecast.

I have no doubts the terrain will be like gravesites in a way. Deepstriking or unit replenishment or both.

The endless spells like like aoe area denial type stuff which is cool.

Well there is that new one with the rocket launcher looking weapon.

Yes I was a little upset at the lack of new updated models as well. Was hoping for a plastic weapons team kit, but the LoN format for the tome and clans allegiances sounds lovely. I assume the warp lightning spell will be for board control and mortal wound damage, and the bell one I think would be cool if it had different effects like a screaming bell. Not sure about the rat swarm one. 

Man, being in-between paychecks is terrible but that's what credit cards are for, right? I can't contain my excitement and am glad this came sooner than I think we all anticipated. Really more of a double deal for me as I've been building into FeC but...

...Honestly I think I'll be playing my Skaven 90% of the time for the forseeable future. While it is a shame there's no updated models, I can at least justify my 80 converted Nightrunners. I do hope this will at the very least see the Spire of Dawn\IoB kits coming out in solo packs of some sort but I won't hold my breath.

Oh, and as much as I tend to dislike scenery pieces for armies (transporting, usually) I have a feeling these will be alright. I'm with the rest of you on assuming they allow teleportation, replenishment or spit out MW's.

So uh, yeah. It's finally our time and I couldn't be happier.

6 hours ago, Malakithe said:

They could very well announce new minis to be released the week after the tome comes out.  There is a studio preview this Thursday. 

I am not holding my breath but I give it a 20-50% chance. 

18 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

They could very well announce new minis to be released the week after the tome comes out.  There is a studio preview this Thursday. 

I am not holding my breath but I give it a 20-50% chance. 

Yeah true. There is that new one with the box but i would like to see updated stuff. The scults on most look fine but the whole range needs multi plastic kits

On 2/2/2019 at 8:21 AM, Num said:

Yes. Personally I still paint them as if they have fur (light brown everywhere except for the hands, nose, feet and tail).

I saw someone else do that on that thread, but to a much better result :D with dark brown. I think it was @Mayple

?

IMG_20171013_005723.jpg

That would be me, yes ;) Appreciate the shout-out. I'm not a big fan of the *ahem* monkey-skaven look. Fur all over is a sign of a properly devout, loyal, and most useful of Skaven. 

• Like 1

From that article I have 1 major concern that could honestly partially destroy almost all of my excitement for this book if it comes true (despite all the great looking abilities). Near the end it states that "if you want to focus more on one of the clans, you'll be rewarded with special battleline", I pray to god that doesn't mean that in order for me to have stormfiends for battleline, I need to wield exclusively skyre army, 'cause that would be the most boring thing ever. One of my greater desires from this book was that I could play skyre army with some stormvermins thrown in (without ally system) or pestilens with maybe something heavy like thanquol added to it. If there is some non-clanrat small model count cheap unit as universal battleline (similar to dire wolves) I might forgive this kind of boring thing but I doubt that very much.

And before anyone says, no I have no interest in buying clanrats. I have a horde army already, it's called clan pestilens and I have no intention of getting another horde on top of that.

For the Skaventide! The abilities look great. I can't wait to see more of the tome and what units have all these new keywords, the Clawlords especially seem very interesting. If clanrats' warscroll remain the same then with overwhelming mass they will be hitting on 3+ and wounding on 2+ with spears. 😮

1 hour ago, angrycontra said:

From that article I have 1 major concern that could honestly partially destroy almost all of my excitement for this book if it comes true (despite all the great looking abilities). Near the end it states that "if you want to focus more on one of the clans, you'll be rewarded with special battleline", I pray to god that doesn't mean that in order for me to have stormfiends for battleline, I need to wield exclusively skyre army, 'cause that would be the most boring thing ever. One of my greater desires from this book was that I could play skyre army with some stormvermins thrown in (without ally system) or pestilens with maybe something heavy like thanquol added to it. If there is some non-clanrat small model count cheap unit as universal battleline (similar to dire wolves) I might forgive this kind of boring thing but I doubt that very much.

And before anyone says, no I have no interest in buying clanrats. I have a horde army already, it's called clan pestilens and I have no intention of getting another horde on top of that.

What keeps you from running stormvermins in a skryre list?

I think you might be disappointed. If you look at the previous books for trends it sounds like this exactly what you will have. Look at beasts of chaos.

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

6D96B811-DFC8-4199-884F-162C343D5A43.jpeg

Just imagine if Stormfiends were to get the "Clan Moulder Fighting Beast" keyword! Oh boy these shock gauntlets would be nice to have

And let's break units cohesion with that Grey Seer Splinter spell!

Edited by Num