AoS 2 - Clan Verminus / Skaven Discussion

Gaz Taylor

14 hours ago, Scythian said:

Two full Stormvermin units completed! Only 40 to go for a fully painted Verminus army. Arthritis setting in, lol. 

EF0A9F15-3B29-4185-ABBC-33B45D189456.jpeg

B71555A2-CC64-46B5-9239-52DBB0110FA7.jpeg

FE2D15C1-21B6-45E9-8F86-690F77754476.jpeg

Amazing!! I couldn't finish 10 given the amount of details... How did you speed paint them?

Also have you played some games with this magnificent army yet? How did it go and what was your list?

Cheers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Num said:

Amazing!! I couldn't finish 10 given the amount of details... How did you speed paint them?

Also have you played some games with this magnificent army yet? How did it go and what was your list?

Cheers

Yes, the Stormvermin just annihilated everything they hit. Especially, having the extra attacks from Gnash Gnaw. 

10 hours ago, Num said:

Cheers

I’ve been off on winter break for the past two weeks and it’s been 12 hour days almost every single day. I’m finishing up my last unit’s details tomorrow. The army is going to its first tournament in three weeks. I’ll provide battle reports. Here’s the list....

verminlord warbringer general with cunning deceiver and crown of conquest

warlord on brood horror

3 unit’s of 40 Stormvermin with halberds and shields, plus full command

2k on the head

• LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Scythian said:

I’ve been off on winter break for the past two weeks and it’s been 12 hour days almost every single day. I’m finishing up my last unit’s details tomorrow. The army is going to its first tournament in three weeks. I’ll provide battle reports. Here’s the list....

verminlord warbringer general with cunning deceiver and crown of conquest

warlord on brood horror

3 unit’s of 40 Stormvermin with halberds and shields, plus full command

2k on the head

Well then good luck on the tournament then.

12 hours ago, Darthvegeta8 said:

How do you guys usually move your 40 Skaven units? 4 ranks deep? More?

What would be an optimal depth on average for unit bases?

1rank in the front, of my army.

this clanrats or meatshields are meant to die nothing special about them just that they are there to keep my Enemys at bay.

charge them and you will pay-die.

every other unit I usually move them up in 3ranks, especially then when they are my Stormvermins. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Scythian said:

Fully painted Clan Verminus Stormvermin Legion! The painting marathon is over!

66E2C10F-DEE2-487A-843B-F544ADAD8F34.jpeg

9897B84D-2BBE-421B-8609-DDD8064FD7FF.jpeg

AB6DADD0-1590-4A5C-9C55-725C8E5EA593.jpeg

1CFD05DD-D2A2-41F3-9264-F3534B085DDB.jpeg

Absolutely love the movement trays! Really cool and nicely painted army. Careful though... There is some stormcast filth in the background. 

Edited by Kugane

53 minutes ago, Ungface said:

So this is happening...

image.png.b071bc15038fd467083baf3ca2df5be7.png

image.png.afdcacfb9428cc58fdeab58e9285a9b1.png

Looks like its a Skryre release however.

Yeah, i'm wondering about that. Why then not mention the word Skryre anywhere? Probably wishful thinking on my part.
Funnily enough if you click the SKAVEN hyperlink in the article you end up on the Pestilence starter box 😂

Could you imagine by the way if that picture is actually the box 😍

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

True, however Moonclan where always going to get a big release as they were one of the Harbingers. the fact that our release is linked to a FEC release leads me to believe that we wont be getting a lot of new models (probably endless spells) and a book.

Got a good picture at the end of the trailer.

from the artwork on the box set at the bottom of the right corner you can see Clanrats and Stormvermin, or maybe acolytes.

give me a second and I’ll try to make it a bit bigger.

3871DCA0-9457-472D-9578-3FBD5FF0BB01.png

Edit: may be clanrats and a bunch of Stormvermins though.

611CAABD-6579-4A33-A98A-C0013966ED73.jpeg

Edited by Skreech Verminking

12 minutes ago, Ungface said:

True, however Moonclan where always going to get a big release as they were one of the Harbingers. the fact that our release is linked to a FEC release leads me to believe that we wont be getting a lot of new models (probably endless spells) and a book.

Never give your hopes up.

god I have never been so hyped befor.

And i didn’t even had to take a good sniff out of my warpstonedust filled bag.

also Gw wrote that they will be showing of more about the skaven and something dead-things.

I literally don’t believe that that’s it.

i have a good feeling that skyre might finally get an update, even if it’s means that we won’t be getting to many new unit's the change of remodeled unit/hero’s is high.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

I don't mind if the models aren't updated all yet. 

Just entering the clans into a battletome adds popularity and validity to em. :) 

And it might crash them more omnipresently into the fluff/lore of AOS. 

Not really interested in the Flesheater Courts half atm though. Only just finished my Gutbuster army and only just started my military Skaven so Skyre is not 'that' crucial for me.
On the other hand it's good for the fans of that popular Clan and the set adds some visibility to the faction which is good.

Edited by Darthvegeta8

One of them is the soul wars image and one is the same as the cover of the box just smaller, so yeah probably just a little lore book with some basic alliegence abilities.

If that is true im certain that this is a Skryre release, i cant imagine them releasing rules for skaven hordes in a box with 6 models.

But then again, both those factions already have GH rules.

Edited by Ungface

1 minute ago, Ungface said:

One of them is the soul wars image and one is the same as the cover of the box just smaller, so yeah probably just a little lore book with some basic alliegence abilities.

If that is true im certain that this is a Skryre release, i cant imagine them releasing rules for skaven hordes in a box with 6 models.

But then again, both those factions already have GH rules.

Don’t know don’t care I’ll buy it anyway s