AoS 2 - Clan Verminus / Skaven Discussion

Gaz Taylor

51 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Warlord on brood horror is no longer a monster! :D Lost quite a bit of its original power it seems though.

It's been hit by the 'wholly within' rewording, but at least he doesn't have to wound something to regen anymore. Aside from sticking him in the middle of Clanrat blobs I don't see him covering whole units wholly within 13" when we need it to cover our lacking bravery. He'll survive shooting attacks which I'm ecstatic about, mine usually gets sniped before I get to move it =P

46 minutes ago, robbobobo said:

It's been hit by the 'wholly within' rewording, but at least he doesn't have to wound something to regen anymore. Aside from sticking him in the middle of Clanrat blobs I don't see him covering whole units wholly within 13" when we need it to cover our lacking bravery. He'll survive shooting attacks which I'm ecstatic about, mine usually gets sniped before I get to move it =P

Everything is getting hit by 'wholly within'. But hey at least it didnt get hit by 'if this model is the general' lol 

Not being a monster is good for Look out Sir! as well. He lost some of his hitting power but still hits plenty hard and can regen

3 hours ago, Kugane said:

Warlord on brood horror is no longer a monster! :D Lost quite a bit of its original power it seems though.

3 hours ago, Locien83 said:

and the Warpgnaw Verminlord just got crazy good!!

Wah? Sources? Have I missed something? :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, robbobobo said:

They released all of the Forge World rules today, so we're happy and so are those Chaos Dwarf players.

Here is the page.

Thanks :) Seems the community page bugged on my phone. I could only see stuff from yesterday.

Really like the new Warpgnaw Verminlord. Crazy powerful, and much less restrictive in accompanying units :) Valid ally at this point. New fluff text is also great.

The removal of the monster keyword from the warlord on brood horror was needed, but I'm wondering if the price  is a bit steep.

Any changes to the wolf rats? Unable to compare atm.

13 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Wolf rats still don't sound too great, I think they really need at least a 4+ save to be worth their points.

Their 2 wounds each might make that worthwhile, actually :o

At 600 points, we get thirty wolf rats with a 60 wound total. They have more mobility than any other Skaven infantry, and can make themselves immune to battleshock if they're in combat, freeing up command points since we don't have to worry about that once they're in. 

If they're now 3+/3+, with the option of going down to 3+/2+ when they charge, with two attacks each and rend 1, we're looking at something that can rival gutter runners, and maybe even Stormvermin for offensive output. 

I haven't checked their base size yet, so that's the make-or-break for me :)

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 10:22 PM, NemoVonUtopia said:

The warpknaw verminlord's spell is insane with the new split rule and sniping unit leaders and banners. 

Damm we finally have a chance in killing Morathi in one turn??

but For myself I’m still hoping that Gw will be faq-ing the pointsvalue for the stormvermins.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Except against models with mortal wound saves and special defensive rules, why is it not only a worse version of a thrower? (Chance of doind lg d6 wounds, 12" instead of 9", unbindable).

If you don't roll higher than the model wounds, it doesn't even do anything.

2 hours ago, Num said:

Except against models with mortal wound saves and special defensive rules, why is it not only a worse version of a thrower? (Chance of doind lg d6 wounds, 12" instead of 9", unbindable).

If you don't roll higher than the model wounds, it doesn't even do anything.

It is actually "equal to or greater than." The main strength is the new split unit rule, if you take out a model and break coherency then you end up killing much more. 

I am really tempted to buy one now but I don't really have any unit I would want to pop up with him that can't already do so.

36 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

It is actually "equal to or greater than." The main strength is the new split unit rule, if you take out a model and break coherency then you end up killing much more. 

I am really tempted to buy one now but I don't really have any unit I would want to pop up with him that can't already do so.

Let me introduce you to the wonder that is a unit of five ratling guns ;)

5 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

Oh OK I think I get it. I was not aware of that rule, thanks

So if, for instance, I face Skryre, I can snipe one stormfiend and end up killing two if they are lined up...

Edited by Num

30 minutes ago, Filius said:

Regarding the Stormvermin 30/500  topic from Friday: The new Warscroll-Builder is online and Stormvermin are-cost 30/420 and 40/500 it says …

I wouldn't read too much into it. There are still some that haven't been updated. Warpgrinder team is still 100 on there even tho ghb says 80. I assume they still meant to change them. Errata will be final say whenever it comes. I would use the old stormvermin points till its fixed.

• Thanks 1

Another thing that bugs me is that the warscroll on the app for clanrats says a unit of clanrat contains at least 10 models, but everywhere else you need to take them in bunches of 20. I really want that cheap battleline requirement back.

So I was considering starting a Skryre army, and was all hyped to buy all the giblets the other day. I was doing a lot of research pre-2.0, mind. Today, I got my hand on the core rules and I kind of bit my tongue. Grand Alliance: Chaos has much better traits and artifacts than Skryre. And since they nerfed the double damage from warpstone sparks, I hardly see a reason to run pure Skryre any more. So instead I went Skryre flavored Skaven. Still Skryre in essence. I'm still starting out, so I want to go for like 1000 points. I also loathe painting hordes after my skeleton misadventures. At least clanrats are easy to build xD

This is the list I came up with.

Allegiance: Chaos
Mortal Realm: Hysh
Skaven Warlord (100)
- Shield & Warpforged Blade
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Grey Seer (100)
- General
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
3 x Stormfiends (290)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (70)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)

Total: 990 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 84

How does it look? Two bricks of battleshock immune clanrats backed up by a grey seer, mortal wound spitting flamethrowers, and acolytes to ruin anything that charges the rat blocks. Stormfiends for heavy hitting backup, probably with Warpfire Projectors, I reckon. Essentially, a wall of rats, with a bunch of meat behind it. I know its more efficient for me to, say, do two bricks of 40. But I really don't want to paint 80 rattos.

• Like 3

Have you guys seen the new Crown of Conquest? 

Friendly CHAOS units do not have to take battleshock tests while they are within 6" of the bearer 

Cunning Deciever is also quite awesome: 

Roll a dice at the start of each of your hero phases as long as this general has not been slain. On a 5+ you receive 1 extra command point. 

For my 'mixed Skaven' I'm looking at this list. I might replace the Grey Seer with a Warlock Engineer whenever I see fit though. The endless spell is of course also swappable for a different one.

Leaders
Skaven Warlord (100)
- General
- Warpforged Blade
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Grey Seer (100)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
3 x Stormfiends (290)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells
Suffocating Gravetide (30)

Total: 1000 / 1000

Edited by Reeve
  • Like 2

Hi guys, im gonna try mixed skaven as my new project. I made a  list, what do you guys think?

Leaders
Skaven Warlord (100)
- General
- Shield & Warpforged Blade
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Packmaster (60)
- Herding Whip & Blade
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear

Units
4 x Rat Ogors (200)
2 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (120)

Total: 980 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 115

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nizrah said:

Hi guys, im gonna try mixed skaven as my new project. I made a  list, what do you guys think?

Leaders
Skaven Warlord (100)
- General
- Shield & Warpforged Blade
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Packmaster (60)
- Herding Whip & Blade
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear

Units
4 x Rat Ogors (200)
2 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (120)

Total: 980 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 115

Looks good.

Good luck to you and happy wargamimg.

anyways I made up a mixed skaven army,

wuth which I am not sure if it will be tournament ready.

since the crown of conquest give everybody within range to f the hero having it, battleshock immunity, i thought giving it a Deathrunner, would mean that I can spread my clanrats and other horde units more out. In other words literally every unit in my army will not have to take battleshock.

the only problem I have with the army is the lack of missile units?.

so anyways what do think about it.

1990points

FA214823-E61C-4E02-95EF-D73F30EF5E7F.png

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 3