AoS 2 - Clan Verminus / Skaven Discussion

Gaz Taylor

I remember seeing a post either in this thread or the Pestilens thread that the Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace now have keywords that stop them from benefiting from "Look Out Sir". I can't find the post now, but this is incorrect yes? Neither warscroll has the monster keyword, or has there been an errata that I missed?

3 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

I remember seeing a post either in this thread or the Pestilens thread that the Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace now have keywords that stop them from benefiting from "Look Out Sir". I can't find the post now, but this is incorrect yes? Neither warscroll has the monster keyword, or has there been an errata that I missed?

I can’t find it either but from memory isn’t look out sir capped at 8 wounds? 

18 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I can’t find it either but from memory isn’t look out sir capped at 8 wounds? 

I think that's for cover maybe?  Or something like that. Look out sir only cares if the hero is a monster if I recall. 

EDIT: Yeah, cover benefit is gone if you're 8+ wounds with the monster or war machine keywords.. So no more benefit for the WLC. 

Edited by Gwendar
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Quick question. I’m putting together a little Skaven list. I’m just curious about more more warplightning on the canons. At the end of the warscroll where it says “a single warlock engineer cannot be used to increase the power output of more than one warplightning blast in the same phase” does this mean one engineer can only increase one single models warp lightning blast once per phase? Or one warplightning blast per model per phase? Having multiple more more warp lightning shots in a single phase from separate models. Sorry if this is common knowledge or been answered. I just can’t find it. 

3 minutes ago, Impa said:

Quick question. I’m putting together a little Skaven list. I’m just curious about more more warplightning on the canons. At the end of the warscroll where it says “a single warlock engineer cannot be used to increase the power output of more than one warplightning blast in the same phase” does this mean one engineer can only increase one single models warp lightning blast once per phase? Or one warplightning blast per model per phase? Having multiple more more warp lightning shots in a single phase from separate models. Sorry if this is common knowledge or been answered. I just can’t find it. 

Yes, 1 Engineer for 1 WLC overcharge. If you have 2 WLC's and want to OC both, you would need 2 Engineers.

Also, just a heads up there's a Skaventide DIscussion.. I would post there instead of one of these old ones.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

Yes, 1 Engineer for 1 WLC overcharge. If you have 2 WLC's and want to OC both, you would need 2 Engineers.

Also, just a heads up there's a Skaventide DIscussion.. I would post there instead of one of these old ones.

Alright thanks. I will head over there. Cheers. 

• 3 weeks later...

If I had some allies not in pestilins, and I had Plague monks and plague censer bearers, could they still be battlelines?

Also, is this a good list?

Leaders 6/8

Plague Priest 80

Grey Seer 120 Allied

Plague Priest on Plague Furnace 180

Grey Seer on Screaming Bell 200 Allied

Verminlord Corruptor 260

Warpgnaw Verminlord 320 General with Command Trait and Artefact 

Battlelines 4/4

x40 Plague Monks

x40 Plague Monks

x40 Plague Monks

x20 Plague Censer Bearers

Artillery 2/5

Plagueclaw 160

Warp Lightning Cannon 180 Allied

Endless Spells

Either Bell of Doom 40 or Vermintide 40 

2500/2500 Allied 500/500

Edited by DestroyerBirb
Forgot Something

20 minutes ago, DestroyerBirb said:

If I had some allies not in pestilins, and I had Plague monks and plague censer bearers, could they still be battlelines?

Also, is this a good list?

Leaders 6/8

Plague Priest 80

Grey Seer 120 Allied

Plague Priest on Plague Furnace 180

Grey Seer on Screaming Bell 200 Allied

Verminlord Corruptor 260

Warpgnaw Verminlord 320 General with Command Trait and Artefact 

Battlelines 4/4

x40 Plague Monks

x40 Plague Monks

x40 Plague Monks

x20 Plague Censer Bearers

Artillery 2/5

Plagueclaw 160

Warp Lightning Cannon 180 Allied

Endless Spells

Either Bell of Doom 40 or Vermintide 40 

2500/2500 Allied 500/500

As already mentioned in the pestilence thread.

you only can take nurgle units as allies.

also if you have any other questions considering skaven in total, just ask your questions in this thread:

Anyways, I hope your thirst for knowledge has been satisfied, and happy wargaming 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Hey guys, I just added Skaven to the AoS Reminders App. It has all clans ready to use! Skaven has been the most requested army for this tool, by far - and I can understand why after adding SO many rules to the code :)

If you haven't heard of/used AOS Reminders yet, give it a whirl - enter your army, traits, artifacts, etc, and it'll spit out a nicely printable list that you can take with you to tournaments. Very helpful for army with lots of stuff happening in each phase - like Skaven!

I need a favor from you guys - please go through and check out the rules and make sure I have them right.  I did my best to keep up with the battletome, but please, check it out. Leave any issues here on TGA, or on Github here: https://github.com/daviseford/aos-reminders/issues