AoS 2 - Soulblight Discussion

RuneBrush

Prinche Vhordhrai vs Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon:

Average damage comparisson (the standard desviation is similar in between models):

Standardad Vhordrai and Standard VloZD (lance) (bettween in Soulblight army):

Vh

Enemy salvation   Average Damage
3   7,04
4   8,99
5   10,94
6   11,72

VLoZD

Enemy salvation   Average Damage
3   6,44
4   8,25
5   10,06
6   10,83

Vh Charge:

Salvación enemigo   Daño medio
3   9,01
4   11,47
5   13,93
6   14,77

VLoZD Charge:

3   8,02
4   10,23
5   12,45

Vh with sanguinari:

3   8,37
4   10,66
5   12,94

VLoZD with his cp:

3   8,01
4   10,25
5   12,50
6   13,47

Vh with sanguinari more charge:

3   11,38
4   14,44
5   17,50
6   18,34

VLoZD with his cp more charge:

3   9,09
4   11,61
5   14,13
6   15,10

For attacks vs rend inmunities take the average damage for +6 salvation and mutiply for 1/3 if the enemy have +3, 1/2 if the enemy have save of +4, 2/3 if he have +5 and finally 5/6 if he have +6.

The missile attack of Vhordrai is more better than the shoot attack of VLoZD but this have a more versatile CP and can take artefacts and one habilitie if he is the general and cost 40p less. I only take Vhordrai in a competitive list in Soulblight with other dragon.

In legion of blood the dragon is very better:

VLoZD legion of blood:

3   8,15
4   10,41
5   12,67
6   13,56

VLoZD LoB Charge:

3   9,33
4   11,89
5   14,44
6   15,33

VLoZD LoB more his cp:

3   10,12
4   12,93
5   15,73
6   16,85

VLoZD LoB Charge more cp:

3   11,57
4   14,74
5   17,91
6   19,02

from tip: for 460p Mega Boss on Maw Krusha (can take hability and artefact more mount-trait):
standard:

3   12,96
4   16,89
5   20,81
6   23,56

Also, in the charge he do 2.67 mortals.

Edited by Sartxac

17 hours ago, Sartxac said:

Prinche Vhordhrai vs Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon:

Also, in the charge he do 2.67 mortals.

Maybe im missing something for the spanish terms but the math seems a bit off. For example: how can vhordrai go from 13,72 wounds on average against 6+ save with his power on, to 18,34 wounds with his power and charging? The charge just gives him +1 damage on the lance wich has 4 attacks (so +4 damage on a perfect round of attacks, mind you, not on avarage), how can the average damage go up by 4,62? Something is wrong

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

Maybe im missing something for the spanish terms but the math seems a bit off. For example: how can vhordrai go from 13,72 wounds on average against 6+ save with his power on, to 18,34 wounds with his power and charging? The charge just gives him +1 damage on the lance wich has 4 attacks (so +4 damage on a perfect round of attacks, mind you, not on avarage), how can the average damage go up by 4,62? Something is wrong

Because in Soulblight army he repeat all +1 to hit in a charge with dragon warriors bloodline ability. This include the mount. And the 18.34 includes his enchantress in his self (+ 1 to hit and wount with his lance).

When I says VLoZD and Vhordrai are in Soulblight army i includes this bloodline in all of my calculations.

Edited by Sartxac

• 1 month later...

So since dragon princes are gone now (and because the lances on mine keep snapping) what alternatives (GW or 3rd party) have people been using for their blood knights (and vampire lords, I'm curious to see) and do people have any pictures they can share?

I presume chaos knights are now the go-to but I struggle imagining them as looking vampirey and not just chaosy.

Hey guys, I want to play a list with the three big guys here. 

Not too sure how I should finish the list. 
I definitely want the additional CP. 
So I have 300p left to play with. 
I have three more Vargheists and another five Blood Knights available. 
I am also thinking about adding a bat swarm or some allied dire wolves to be fast and grab objectives. 
What do you think? Endless spells would be a possibility as well of course.

PS: I will go for Swift Death I think, cause its so fun to have lots of movement

Spoiler

Allegiance: Soulblight - Mortal Realm: Shyish
LEADERS
Mannfred Mortarch of Night (380) - Lore of the Vampires : Amaranthine Orb
Prince Vhordrai (480) - Lore of the Vampires : Vile Transference
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440) - General - Command Trait : Mist Form -
Deathlance & Shield & Chalice - Artefact : Ethereal Amulet - Lore of the Vampires : Amethystine Pinions

UNITS
5 x Blood Knights (200)
3 x Vargheists (150)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Extra Command Point (50)
TOTAL: 1700/2000

Edited by Enwolved

11 hours ago, Enwolved said:

Hey guys, I want to play a list with the three big guys here. 

Not too sure how I should finish the list. 
I definitely want the additional CP. 
So I have 300p left to play with. 
I have three more Vargheists and another five Blood Knights available. 
I am also thinking about adding a bat swarm or some allied dire wolves to be fast and grab objectives. 
What do you think? Endless spells would be a possibility as well of course.

PS: I will go for Swift Death I think, cause its so fun to have lots of movement

Hide contents

Allegiance: Soulblight - Mortal Realm: Shyish
LEADERS
Mannfred Mortarch of Night (380) - Lore of the Vampires : Amaranthine Orb
Prince Vhordrai (480) - Lore of the Vampires : Vile Transference
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440) - General - Command Trait : Mist Form -
Deathlance & Shield & Chalice - Artefact : Ethereal Amulet - Lore of the Vampires : Amethystine Pinions

UNITS
5 x Blood Knights (200)
3 x Vargheists (150)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS

Extra Command Point (50)
TOTAL: 1700/2000

I played similar list with with 10 bloodknights and 2x3 vargheists.  Necromantic bloodline. If you want that extra CP i guess play only 5 knights and take another vargheists or wolfs+cogs.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:01 AM, TMS said:

I've been away from AoS for a couple of months. Have you had anything good going on with Soulblight, perhaps against the newest releases? I can say I'm not looking forward to running into those exploding Ossiarchs...

Alas, not mutch glory for my aristocrats, fyreslayers and idoneth proved quite the hard challenge and not all was good. We got in a good trashing but we received twice in return, so not a good day was had by the knights. FUCKEN DWARVES, THEY ARE WAY TOO HARD TO KILL. ALSO THE IDONETH THIRD TURN IS UTTER ******. Im quite crossed as you can see...

On 11/11/2019 at 1:01 PM, Lightbox said:

So since dragon princes are gone now (and because the lances on mine keep snapping) what alternatives (GW or 3rd party) have people been using for their blood knights (and vampire lords, I'm curious to see) and do people have any pictures they can share?

I presume chaos knights are now the go-to but I struggle imagining them as looking vampirey and not just chaosy.

So, im still managing to find  some with ebay but id say that bretonnian knighs are a good alternative, as are empire knights. Neither are avaiable at gw but there are quite a bunch on ebay and similar sites, so not too mutch of a problem. Then again i do have 30 knights and im probably reachin a point where i have too many, but you know...
Chaos kniths can be fun and all but some work is reuqired to remove the symbols and swap the heads. I find that black arks corsairs have nice helmets wich cound be good enough, although not as mutch as the elves

Edited by Raptor_Jesues
  • Haha 1

Running 2k against Tamurkhan Nurgle  tomorrow including the T himself.

My models aren't extensive so I'm having trouble getting the points up however currently I'm here:

VLoZD - Ethereal Amulet, Transferrance, Mistform, Lance + Shield

Coven Throne - Amaranthine Orb

Vampire Lord - Nightmare, Pinions

10 Blood Knights

5 Blood Knights

3 Vargheists

4 Batswarms

This is 1750 on the dot. I'm aiming for the extra CP (Martial Insight too good!) so have 200pts left to play with.

In terms of models I've got extra Vampire Lords, Necromancers, Malign Sorc spells and could build some Direwolves in a pinch... But what would you guys recommend? I guess 5 wolves and a Necro to roll with the bats wouldn't be a bad shout and a spell to fill points. I usually play Necromantic Bloodline but am considering swift death to help me outmaneuver the Nurgle.

3 hours ago, Charlo said:

200pts left to play with.

Tricky,
Necromancer with van hels could push your bat swarms, but does not really bring much else to the table, since he doesn’t get an extra spell. (-70pts)

A second unit of vargheists might be great, either to push on up to 6 or have two units for suicide charges, and harassment. (-50pts)

another interesting idea might be a second vampire, for some hero support. (-60pts)

10 dire wolves would bring some bodies to the table, with speed to block a flank. (-60pts)

personally I‘d prefer the second vamp lord or the extra vargheist. The remaining points, I‘d think good old „purple sun“ (plaque monks, slaanesh birches) or the pendulum to slice through your opponent.

The vortex is not that important (maybe with the orb, but that’s to static), the horrorghast for bravery debuff could be viable.

So I went for a Tomb Banshee, Gnashing Jaws, Purple Sun and Malevolent Maelstrom.

My opponent had a cool list with the Tamurkhan Battalion, some Blightkings, Master of Plagues and a Sorcerer Lord.

Sadly the Jaws only did damage to myself as I never got control of them and didn't manage to cast the Sun! The banshee managed to fluff her scream against bravery 5 enemies twice 😢

Tamurkhan even managed to revive himself by killing my VLoZD! It was a very cinematic if swingy game but a minor victory to the Nurgle.

I'm not sure I'd run a unit of ten Knights again, they just seems too unweidly.

On 11/11/2019 at 6:01 AM, Lightbox said:

I used Vampire Lords kit bashed with Chaos Knights

20191102_180720.jpg

20191102_180704.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

Hey, folks.

After my current army project finishes I am thinking of starting Soulblight.

For a beginning list at 1k points I was thinking of 

VLoZD

Vampire Lord on Nightmare

5x Blood Knights

3x Vargheists

5x Dire Wolves

Is a VLoZD too big a fraction of points at 1k?  

If yes, would I be better with a cheaper leader and more battline dudes?

Thank you.

Edited by Souleater

On 12/1/2019 at 11:59 AM, Souleater said:

Hey, folks.

After my current army project finishes I am thinking of starting Soulblight.

For a beginning list at 1k points I was thinking of 

VLoZD

Vampire Lord on Nightmare

5x Blood Knights

3x Vargheists

5x Dire Wolves

Is a VLoZD too big a fraction of points at 1k?  

If yes, would I be better with a cheaper leader and more battline dudes?

Thank you.

Definitely not that much at 1000. In my lob list I use 2 dragons and 2x10 zombies :D

God battle vs mixes skyre verminus skaventide:

Allegiance: Soulblight

- Bloodline: Necromantic
Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Trait: Mist Form
- Artefact: Ethereal Amulet
- Lore of the Vampires: Vile Transference
Coven Throne (260)
- Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions
Vampire Lord (140)
- Mount: Flying Horror
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb

Battleline
5 x Blood Knights (200)
5 x Blood Knights (200)
3 x Vargheists (150)

Units
5 x Dire Wolves (70)
- Allies
10 x Grave Guard (140)
- Great Wight Blades
- Allies

Total: 1600 / 1650
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 210 / 330

For battles of little points non competitive Soulblight is funny army, the zombie dragon with mist form and ethereal amulet is a genious general vs battelines and weak strategic heroes. Mist form is excellent.

• Like 1

@Sartxac, what are those Grave Guard doing for you? Got any good plan in mind?

And I agree, Mist Form is superb. It's probably the single best thing about Soulblight as it is. It makes the VLOZD an excellent sniper that can always leave unimportant fights for more juicy targets.

Edited by TMS

On 11/11/2019 at 11:01 PM, Lightbox said:

If you don't want to look towards China then your options can be varied.  Mantic make blood knights for their undead faction, I don't think the models are that great though.  The better option would be to grab humanoid cavalry from another faction and get some vampire heads to swap on.  There are a few sites out there that make vampire heads so give that a go.  If you went down the chaos knight route (they do look great) you would probably need to file off a lot of the chaos iconography and most likely go all head swaps and no helmeted options.

3 hours ago, TMS said:

@Sartxac, what are those Grave Guard doing for you? Got any good plan in mind?

And I agree, Mist Form is superb. It's probably the single best thing about Soulblight as it is. It makes the VLOZD an excellent sniper that can always leave unimportant fights for more juicy targets.

My intention was explain in detail my battle vs skaventide. Yes, VLOZD as a sniper of strategic heroes and units as jezztails is excellent. He compensates his poor damage with this strategic abilitie for backing out and charge.

Grave guard only for protect one point, skavens have magic tunneld and can deploy units 9" of my grave guard. With this i can assure his charge (4"of move and minus of 6" in charge). And in order to have 50 points for command point are better option than chainrasp or skeletons.

Death1942, any thinks to convert the new black knights of slave to darkness in excellents vampires? We only need change his heads.

I hope for a drop for vampire lords, maybe even a drop for some of our named characters.  Vargheists could probably drop 20 or so points and be a lot better, blood knights as discussed should be dropped considerably.  I suspect they will remove bats and other really old kits (if you look at the rest of the leak they are removing models from other armies in this FAQ)

12 minutes ago, Death1942 said:

I hope for a drop for vampire lords, maybe even a drop for some of our named characters.  Vargheists could probably drop 20 or so points and be a lot better, blood knights as discussed should be dropped considerably.  I suspect they will remove bats and other really old kits (if you look at the rest of the leak they are removing models from other armies in this FAQ)

What leak mate? 

1 hour ago, Death1942 said:

has a bit more shown which is Ironjaws and Seraphon units getting removed.

Not so thrilled about the sound of it...

1 hour ago, Death1942 said:

they will remove bats and other really old kits

they best have the new model kits to be launched. I really liked the diversity of our Legions. WAAC Tournament players will only need the best of the best options, but I like sporting a more thematic list, which looks and feels great, even if I have to stretch my weak tactic muscles to even put up a fight... and the bats were great against shooty armies too. 

• Like 1