AoS 2 - Nighthaunt Discussion

RuneBrush

People have brought up an interesting point, we might have some difficulty dealing with tough targets like Treemen or Stardrakes.

I built the core of my force (12 Hosts, 10 Hexes, +hit KoS) around the + hit MW synergy that ended up getting trashed.

Now Im thinking more of a ShadeMisted Shroudguard of bladegheists locking something down for a round, retreating up the field to pick off supports/isolated targets while buffed Myrmourns lay into the SoulCaged problem target the bladegheists just abandoned...

The core would be 12 Hosts, a GoSouls with chainrasp bubblewrap, STorment, and Olynder with a strike wing of mKoS, 12 myrmourns, 2 units of Bladegheists, second STorment, Shroudguard. Shademist, Spirit Tether, SoulCage

Or swap Shroudguard for a Dreadblade Harrow. Thoughts?

Edited by Neck-Romantic

1 hour ago, Rahr said:

we got lots of rend 2 models so  dont see it as that big a problem and many ways to deal mortal wound as well so think we should be fine

Rend 2 are characters except the banshees. You don't want most of your characters facetanking those things. And it's also not that good against 2+ rerollin ones, not to speak about those with rerolling 1s and ethereal amulet.

I am not going anywhere withouth atleast one unit of spirit hosts and ruler of the spirit hosts. Harvest moon can help with that 9 spirit hosts could deal a lot of mortal wounds on a given turn , but we are artifact starved to be honest (lens, windfell, midnight tome, etc). Olynder can deal a sizeable amount of MWs in a given hero phase too.

I think that our main problem, except for maybe the upcoming black coach, is that our heros are really fragile with only 7 W. No big beast like a stardrake or Ancient tree... But with the proper set-up,  both Olynder and reikonor hit like a truck.  Are they worth 220+ points? It is a bit soon to say.

8 minutes ago, TheKingInYellow said:

Is there any hint of a separate way to buy Chainrasps besides the starter?

Nope unfortunately not. Think they're going to be like Poxwalkers from 40K, only available in the starter set :(

I've managed to get 60 so far, think I'm buying another Soul Wars and going halves with a mate to bring me up to 80 Chainrasps.

Edited by TalesOfSigmar

Reiknor to me is more of an aggressive leader.  He should go for tougher units to use the mortal wound potential to better effect and he has a very subtle but powerful ability that not many have.   His deal a mortal wound to a model in 12" means he can kill a dude that is keeping a unit daisy chained and effectively can a good chunk of a unit quite easily.   Not too shabby for 180pts 

Reikonor is indeed our most versatile heros. He is fast, do some damage, can fly and still is a wizzard.

But he is not a heavy hitter: this role is more for the other 2 big guys (Oly and the king). For me, who like cavalry, I will almost always add Reikonor and the mounted NS in my lists.

14 minutes ago, Marucho said:

Factully yes you can get pox-walkers, but those are not any of the 20 that come in Dark Imperium. Those are 1 of the 4 pushfit that come in the small starter set, the AoS equivalent models of which (on a set-by-set basis at least) are the banshees and Glaivewraith Stalkers that come in the Storm Strike starter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stato said:

Factully yes you can get pox-walkers, but those are not any of the 20 that come in Dark Imperium. Those are 1 of the 4 pushfit that come in the small starter set, the AoS equivalent models of which (on a set-by-set basis at least) are the banshees and Glaivewraith Stalkers that come in the Storm Strike starter.

This detour also just led to the fact that pox walkers are available outside the starter set.

Chainrasps true strength is the chainguard formation. Relativley cheap, extra command point, extra relic, and can flood the field with ethereal fodder.

Spread the rasps out enough and you could potentially get the GoS far enough away from shooting/interceptors

Edited by Neck-Romantic

I'm a novice on list building. Really want to run the Craven King and some Bladegheist. Here is my attempt at a 1500 point army. Would appreciate feedback!

LEADERS

Kurdoss Valentian, the Craven King (220)

Guardian of Souls with Nightmare Lantern (140) - Lore of the Underworlds : Spectral Tether

Spirit Torment (120) - Artefact : Cloak of the Waxing Moon

Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed (140) - General - Command Trait : Cloaked in Shadow - Artefact : Mirror of Screaming Souls

UNITS

20 x Chainrasp Horde (160)

10 x Chainrasp Horde (80)

10 x Chainrasp Horde (80)

10 x Bladegheist Revenants (180)

10 x Bladegheist Revenants (180)

2 x Chainghasts (80)

BATTALIONS

Shroudguard (110)

TOTAL: 1490/1500

EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1

WOUNDS: 87