AoS 2 - Nighthaunt Discussion

RuneBrush

3 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Can anyone make out the points for the battalions? It's too blurry for me.

Nothing changed on battalions only Things with a star in front have something changed

Dreadblade harrows are 80 or 90 p yet 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

Nothing changed on battalions only Things with a star in front have something changed

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Overall, it seems like anyone who wanted to run a Death Riders style list is winning the most from these changes.

Also my days of running the Death Stalkers battalion with 60 Grimghast Reapers seem over. I figured the Reapers would go up, but hoped the Stalkers and Cairn Wraith would go down.

So this looks interesting. Sad about the reapers but as people said it was kinda expected and I always run only a single unit of 20 so its only another 40pt I have to find somewhere. However the coach sounds good so does dreadscythe, knights, and Olynder. Even our useless spells got cheap. A bit odd there is no mention of changed warscrolls. Was really hoping for a changed scrolls for stalkers and endless spells and another command ability for Olynder. Love the stalker model so sad there is absolutely no use for it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

So this looks interesting. Sad about the reapers but as people said it was kinda expected and I always run only a single unit of 20 so its only another 40pt I have to find somewhere. However the coach sounds good so does dreadscythe, knights, and Olynder. Even our useless spells got cheap. A bit odd there is no mention of changed warscrolls. Was really hoping for a changed scrolls for stalkers and endless spells and another command ability for Olynder. Love the stalker model so sad there is absolutely no use for it.

I don't think a General's Handbook has ever changed a warscroll, so I wasn't hoping for that. We'll have to wait for a new book for that.

8 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

I don't think a General's Handbook has ever changed a warscroll, so I wasn't hoping for that. We'll have to wait for a new book for that.

Well I kinda agree with you if it wasn’t for ghb 2017 which had a changed warscroll for Grunstuk Thunderes.

Beside the GHB community preview we got a few days back vaguely mentioned that the matched play booklet that comes with ghb19 contain points and changes for terrain, endless spells and certain warscrolls. To be honest I can’t remember the exact words but I read it like warscroll changes isn’t out of the question. I honestly do not think that we need a new book. Warscrolls get small tweaks all the time in the app. That would be fine for us. After all were are talking about minor changes for 3 endless spells and 2 warscrolls. 

3 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Well I kinda agree with you if it wasn’t for ghb 2017 which had a changed warscroll for Grunstuk Thunderes.

Beside the GHB community preview we got a few days back vaguely mentioned that the matched play booklet that comes with ghb19 contain points and changes for terrain, endless spells and certain warscrolls. To be honest I can’t remember the exact words but I read it like warscroll changes isn’t out of the question. I honestly do not think that we need a new book. Warscrolls get small tweaks all the time in the app. That would be fine for us. After all were are talking about minor changes for 3 endless spells and 2 warscrolls. 

What is the second warscroll you think will maybe change

1 hour ago, Ahn-ket said:

What is the second warscroll you think will maybe change

Remember this all wishlisting but I think it makes sense.

1. Endless spells: a few tweaks should do it. making them harvest mortal wound way more easier than now. Also something for the Mortalis Terminexus.

2. Glaivewraith Stalkers. A whole rewrite

3. Lady Olynder: just a change of command ability. Something that makes it easier to deny your general the Ruler of the Spirit hosts.

10 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

I'm disappointed tbh, grims didn't need an increase. I'm not hopeful at all but what can you do. 

The problem of the Reapers was Legion of Nagash. It didn't matter if the 30 Reapers unit was deleted, you could summon it again for a command point. They were also the best unit of the Death... and I'm a Legion of Nagash player since I begun playing Age of Sigmar.

Greetings

@ACBelMutie they are great in LoN but because they filled a role that LoN lacked, which is fast and hard hitting infantry unit. This points change to grims isn't going to effect LoN much, but until they release the FAQ with the points changes to all the recent books (that are super bent such as Skaven, etc...) there is no telling how the points changes are going to effect anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I imagine reapers and hexwraiths switched places in points making hexwraiths more durable per point but not as strong offensively. It'd be nice to have a max unit reduction on hexes.

Black coach go down?

We got the shaft hard imo.

Mourngul is a joke at 280. Shoulda been 220-240 when you compare it to stuff at those points. Black Coach should probably be 200-220. Guess the army will continue to haunt the lowest tiers as it has since day 1. Really sick of getting punished because LoN made our one unit look good. Could have easily just took it out of the LoN roster.

My ONLY hope is that because points only changed 10-20 in most places they will hopefully be going to 3 month updates. With the points being a free download now it's easy to do and they can continually shift things to make better parity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I doubt nighthaunt got any significant changes though, like blood knights dropped 60 points, i doubt we will see those kind of reductions.

If our endless spells drop though to 20 they technically got a 50% point reduction and very few things if any could claim that XD

Edited by PFI

6 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

We got the shaft hard imo.

Mourngul is a joke at 280. Shoulda been 220-240 when you compare it to stuff at those points. Black Coach should probably be 200-220. Guess the army will continue to haunt the lowest tiers as it has since day 1. Really sick of getting punished because LoN made our one unit look good. Could have easily just took it out of the LoN roster.

My ONLY hope is that because points only changed 10-20 in most places they will hopefully be going to 3 month updates. With the points being a free download now it's easy to do and they can continually shift things to make better parity.

I think the main issue is unlike any army, GW is really balancing 3 armies with Nighthaunt. LoN, LoG and Nighthaunt. This makes balance, ridiculously hard. As we know, Grimghasts were fine in NH, but broken in LoN. Now they have to balance points to account for LoG as well. As long as this exists in this current form, I think Nighthaunt will likely never be balanced as a solo tome. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

I think the main issue is unlike any army, GW is really balancing 3 armies with Nighthaunt. LoN, LoG and Nighthaunt. This makes balance, ridiculously hard. As we know, Grimghasts were fine in NH, but broken in LoN. Now they have to balance points to account for LoG as well. As long as this exists in this current form, I think Nighthaunt will likely never be balanced as a solo tome. 

While I do understand the lore behind nighthaunt being in LoN, it was a terrible terrible decision gameplay wise. The problem is that if they remove nighthaunt from common availability in LoN now, people will feel understandably frustrated; it should simply never have been in there in the first place.

Because of this nighthaunt will always be held back by LoN, anything that could be powerful for us will have to be judged on its power in LoN and they will almost always be able to make it stronger than us. Maybe the new LoN battletome will make nighthaunt allies only and GW will just take the flack in their stride, with LoG they now could do this and still claim that LoN has access, but it is limited to one faxtion within the allegiance.

But dear lord do I hope that more frequent point changes are in the works, because 280 is still WAY to high to justify the mourngul, it is still 20 points higher than a verminlord and nowhere near as good.

3 minutes ago, Qrow said:

While I do understand the lore behind nighthaunt being in LoN, it was a terrible terrible decision gameplay wise. The problem is that if they remove nighthaunt from common availability in LoN now, people will feel understandably frustrated; it should simply never have been in there in the first place.

Because of this nighthaunt will always be held back by LoN, anything that could be powerful for us will have to be judged on its power in LoN and they will almost always be able to make it stronger than us. Maybe the new LoN battletome will make nighthaunt allies only and GW will just take the flack in their stride, with LoG they now could do this and still claim that LoN has access, but it is limited to one faxtion within the allegiance.

But dear lord do I hope that more frequent point changes are in the works, because 280 is still WAY to high to justify the mourngul, it is still 20 points higher than a verminlord and nowhere near as good.

Yeah, I think making the Legion of Grief be the nighthaunt faction in LoN, and then Nighthaunt/LoN being allies to the rest of the armies in LoN is really the only way to fix it. Then they are only really balancing two armies, instead of 3. 

• Like 1