AoS 2 - Nighthaunt Discussion

RuneBrush

10 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys a question about spirit torment. His ability to Heal d3 wounds if 3 or more enemy slain that turn. Its about model slain During battleshock, or killed in the same turn? Thx:)

Killed during turn (both Battleschockphase)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Neck-Romantic said:

The problem with making Blades (or myrmourns or harridans) 2 wounds is our heal-or-rez spells would be ruined on them without significant rewording.

If you had a single wounded 2w model you could only ever heal that 1 wound, with any spillover wasted, before you could start bringing models back.

Our heals work differently than LoN's do... for some rediculous reason.

Hexes need 'reaped like corn' quite badly. It would synergize with Frightful Touch quite well and better reflect their bloated point cost

LoN heals also do not spill over. You can either heal an injured model, OR bring back a number of models with a combined wounds characteristic equal to your heal. You can't do both at once. So most of the NH and Legions healing is the same functionally, even though they are worded differently.

Ruler of the Spirit Hosts and Nimbus of Power are unique though in that they bring back whole models regardless of wounds.

9 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys a question about spirit torment. His ability to Heal d3 wounds if 3 or more enemy slain that turn. Its about model slain During battleshock, or killed in the same turn? Thx:)

Ability triggers at the start of the battleshock phase. The models have to have been killed during the hero/shooting/charge/combat phases, as battleshock casualties happens after the ability.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm new. Planned to start playing in 2004, but then youth came - and is, thankfully, over :D - so here I am, 15 years late, starting Death. Got the Nighthaunt Half of Soul Wars, will extend to a Nighthaunt and a LoN army, respectively. My favourite piece has always been the Black Coach - the old model; and the new one even more so. Now I've read that the horses in front of the base are a serious problem in terms of combat rules (can't attack because base is too far away even if the horses are right in front of the enemy unit). Can I redeem this - at least for small-base-hordes - with having the horses lift off so they soar over the heads of the enemy unit? Any tips? I absolutely need to field this model. 

25 minutes ago, AHexInScarletRed said:

Hey, I'm new. Planned to start playing in 2004, but then youth came - and is, thankfully, over :D - so here I am, 15 years late, starting Death. Got the Nighthaunt Half of Soul Wars, will extend to a Nighthaunt and a LoN army, respectively. My favourite piece has always been the Black Coach - the old model; and the new one even more so. Now I've read that the horses in front of the base are a serious problem in terms of combat rules (can't attack because base is too far away even if the horses are right in front of the enemy unit). Can I redeem this - at least for small-base-hordes - with having the horses lift off so they soar over the heads of the enemy unit? Any tips? I absolutely need to field this model. 

Go ahead field it! The base problem is true but, it is a cery minor problem. Don’t let this ve the resaon not to buy and paint this very beatiful model. Also one of the funniest models to paint btw.

19 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

I did a conversion on my coach, which I started to paint, played some games and it got left in the 'paint it later pile' 😢. I'll try and dig them out, as I managed to negate the hangover the edge by having the 4 horses be side by side instead.

I've also thought about having it descending down from the sky, so that the coach is high up in the air while the horses are landing; I could build this with a Mausoleum or a tree I place the model atop of. Is there a rule that limits me to a certain height of a model? And do you, by chance, know the exact length of the model and the base? 

2 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

That's my tweaked Black Coach though. I did the horses side by side and put the spare rider on top as well.

The solution is great, actually. I thought it'd get wider, with this approach, but this is a neat fit, apparently. Looks like the model is roughly 1.5x the length of the base, means I need to have to model higher than the base is long if I want to go the landing-route. Mh. 

I now thought about either having it lift off at a rather steep angle with an already higher base beneath - Graveyard, probably - so it hovers over the majority of enemy units; or have it descending from the sky, again at a rather steep angle with a Mausoleum or a tree holding up the downwards facing coach, with the horses landing. Taking two of the horses and having them accompany the coach flying next to it is also a possibility. 

e: Come to think of it, just placing a Mausoleum, a statue or a tree beneath it and having it soar through the sky is probably a really elegant take on making base contact possible and also allows going really creative on the base. 

Edited by AHexInScarletRed
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Wilhelm Stürmer said:

Hey folks, I'm coming here for advice. I finally got my wife interested in AoS and she REALLY loves Death models. A fellow local gamer sold me his Nighthaunt half of Soul Wars and I was wondering where to go from here to provide her a good 1K army.

That really depends if her interest is only Nighhaunt or Death in general.