AoS 2 - Nighthaunt Discussion

RuneBrush

Hmmm. 

Wholly within 3" of the boatman will be tricky to pull off in the hero phase; you'll need to have the unit you want moved positioned just right beforehand.

Bridge seems... okay... mostly because we are immune to the debuff. Maybe using it defensivly to block charge lanes?

Not too fond of the Horrorghast model, I might kitbash something instead, but probably the one I'm most excited for. 

Pyramids might be crazy to combo with other movement reductions (Briar Queen, Shackles) or with other -1 to hit shenanigans (Mourngul, Lady O)

The boat seems absolutely worthless. Wholly within 3 in the hero phase is next to impossible. Then if you do pull it off you just get a 12" move and 1 model is slain. This will never see play.

The bridge is alright, I wish the initial setup was 18" and if in Shyish it was 30". But more bravery debuffs are always welcome. 

Horrorghast is perfect. Gimme dat -2 bravery. 

Shards are a much better spell than predatory spells. They don't punish you for keeping the first turn in the round. Also pretty sure they can make Lord Executioner unkillable. Because you can already get him to -2 hit from units and -3 from heros. This makes it -4. If you use Geminids it's -5.

Edited by SleeperAgent

4 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

The bridge is alright, I wish the initial setup was 18" and if in Shyish it was 30". But more bravery debuffs are always welcome. 

But it’s trap potential when used as a move blocking ‘fence’ debuffing -2 bravery (-1 per bridge) is amazing.  

Man Im hopping that LoG will be worth it. Mortis engines and Olynder flinging endless spells behind a shield of harbingers and banshees will bring a vicious rain of MW.

Is it -2 for both bridges? I somehow doubt thats quite how it works but a definite boost if so.

I was thinking you could summon the bridge in the middle of the opponents army, effectivly sectioning off a portion of their forces to dissect while being immune to the bravery debuff

I'm also pretty keen on finally picking up a Mortis Engine if its allowed; one of my favorite "new" kits these last few years and been frustrated the starter box of Hosts, Hexes, and Engine didnt allow its use

Edited by Neck-Romantic

4 hours ago, Neck-Romantic said:

Is it -2 for both bridges? I somehow doubt thats quite how it works but a definite boost if so.

Me too, but so far that’s how I read it. Usually the text would go something like: units within any bridge suffer -1 bravery, if they didn’t stack. But even if it is -1 per bridge for now, I expect this to be changed in an FAQ.

But untill then😈

Example.

40DD352A-30B0-422C-9889-0C36AA736F64.jpeg

67EEC199-C96B-45D2-88DF-6D3AFA895FA7.jpeg

Edited by Greasygeek
Added examples

1 hour ago, MrRoff said:

I'm hyped about LoG

But I have another quick question, can I use guardian of souls with mortality glass when it's rules isn't in the AoS app? 

You can has mostly the same warscroll aside from spell and the effect from its mortality glass 

6 hours ago, Neck-Romantic said:

justice for Garkorr!

In the wise words of Grandmaster Melle Mel - "There's no justice, instead there's just us, just us sitting here feeling sore, just us wondering what is Garkorr even there for? Just us wondering in disbelief, if geedubs is even bothered by our beef, when all of a sudden they just go and create the Legion of Grief. which at first sounds great and it all seems sunny, but it's just another way for them to make money, while leaving us ghosts coughing, and spluttering as another nail in hammered in the coffin, while still being stuck with a terrible book and being forced to have to go and look, at the greener grass and the all the gravesites, and all the new spells and other delights, all of which can be ours quick as a flash, so long as we only play ghosts in Legions of Nagash."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Has there been any news on what the terrain piece in forbidden power does? I know it can be taken by anyone, so I'm guessing it will be pretty generic.

Also, can factions that already have a terrain piece take it in addition to their normal one?

28 minutes ago, Qrow said:

Has there been any news on what the terrain piece in forbidden power does? I know it can be taken by anyone, so I'm guessing it will be pretty generic.

Also, can factions that already have a terrain piece take it in addition to their normal one?

Neither of these have been answered yet. I really hope the "free" terrain stays at 1 per army otherwise this will get ridiculous pretty fast. 

18 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

Neither of these have been answered yet. I really hope the "free" terrain stays at 1 per army otherwise this will get ridiculous pretty fast. 

My thoughts exactly, I like a board with generous amounts of terrain but if everyone suddenly had 2+ pieces of their own terrain to throw around it will become a joke.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:01 AM, Greasygeek said:

67EEC199-C96B-45D2-88DF-6D3AFA895FA7.jpeg

It's going to just be -1 bravery.  Question is "am I within 6 inches of a Soulscream Bridge Model". Answer has to be a "yes" or "no", not a "two of them".  It's the same wording they used on the Khorne banner at one point.  However I would agree that it seems to use older wording on this warscroll.

• Like 1

Given the battalions of the other legions, we could be looking at something like olynder + 2 tomb banshees + something else. As that seems to be the general construction that the others get, what would you want the last unit in the battalion to be?

My guess (and hope) would be dreadscythe harridans, because I really want them to be good somewhere.

20 minutes ago, Qrow said:

Given the battalions of the other legions, we could be looking at something like olynder + 2 tomb banshees + something else. As that seems to be the general construction that the others get, what would you want the last unit in the battalion to be?

My guess (and hope) would be dreadscythe harridans, because I really want them to be good somewhere.

I too want Dreadscythe Harridans to be good. Im hoping with the new bravery debuffs they can actually give stuff -1 to hit. I still think their points are kinda whack right now. If the debuffs are plentiful I could see them staying at 90 for 5. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SleeperAgent said:

I too want Dreadscythe Harridans to be good. Im hoping with the new bravery debuffs they can actually give stuff -1 to hit. I still think their points are kinda whack right now. If the debuffs are plentiful I could see them staying at 90 for 5. 

Yeah, I could see them maybe dropping to 80 for 5, because they need to be usable in nighthaunt too, no way could I see them dropping lower than that though.

I'm hoping (based on GW statement about bravery debuffs) that there is a -1 bravery in the LoG battletrait and another -1 as part of the battalion in this case.

Not sure though, there are so many ways to ignore battleshock now that if they actually want the bravey debuffs to mean anything, then they will have to be used in more than just the battleshock phase.