AoS 2 - Nighthaunt Discussion

RuneBrush

Hello, after starting with Nighthaunt, I´ve some Question according this army.

1. is there a way to include the mortal engine into the army as it hasn´t the Nighthaunt keyword (but looks great).

2. after Looking at some lists, i relized, that Kurdoss Valentian isn´t part of the most lists. Is he a bad choice, to expensive or are the other choices still better?

Who can help me?

1. The Mortis engine is unfortunately not an ally option for nighthaunt.

2. I run Kurdos in my 2k list. I think he, along with the other non-buff centric characters like cairn wraiths etc. get left out of many lists in favor of support characters. Nighthaunt lists tend to be character heavy as is. That isn’t to say those characters aren’t good, it is just a preference thing.

3 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Well it’s always a matter of opinion but ehm WHAT?! How can you not like the model? I think its one of the coolest models in the range.

I have to agree, absolutely love the model. 

To bad there's better choices of heroes that does more for the same points~.

• Like 2

I'm sorry for asking again, but didn't get an answer, and don't know what's the correct interpretation of "all other enemy units" on the Soul Cage Spell:

'Soul Cage has a casting value of 6. If successfully cast, pick an enemy unit within 12" of the caster and visible to them. Until the start of your next hero phase, that unit cannot retreat. In addition, until the start of your next hero phase that unit cannot fight in the combat phase unless all other enemy units that are eligible to fight have already done so.'

When you use the Soul Cage Spell on an enemy unit, does the affected unit attack last after all the other units (including ALL nighthaunt units) or is just the last one of the enemy units activating? (meaning if we have more units engaged in combat than the enemy, it just affect the order in which they activate, but they still get to fight before ALL our nighthaunt units).

Thanks in advance fellow Knights of Shrouds.

Just to clear things up, sorry English is not my native language.

In an example of just 4 units fighting in CC ,3 of our friendly units (A,B,C) and  only one enemy unit affected by Soul Cage (D), what would be the correct order?

1) ABCD.

or 

2) ADBC.

5 minutes ago, Garxia said:

Just to clear things up, sorry English is not my native language.

In an example of just 4 units fighting in CC ,3 of our friendly units (A,B,C) and  only one enemy unit affected by Soul Cage (D), what would be the correct order?

1) ABCD.

or 

2) ADBC.

Since all other eligible enemy units that could attack has "attacked" 

Since its only 1 enemy unit in combat, the spell does nothing. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Garxia said:

For example:

If we had 3 freidnlyt units in CC: (1,2,3,)
And 4 Enemy units in CC: (A,B,C,D)
And lets say (B) was the target of soulcage  in the hero phase.

Then the order in the combat phase would be the following:

1, A, 2, C, 3, D, B

Because (B) was affected by soulcage it had to go last of the Enemy units.

6 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Well it’s always a matter of opinion but ehm WHAT?! How can you not like the model? I think its one of the coolest models in the range.

He is a floating armchair. I dont like it. I go for a more gothic theme, and like to imply movement, visceral poses etc.

My necrons are all extensivly customized to give more character.

I also dont like the banner and trumpet either. Its silly and fun... but I want threatening and looming; not corny. Just personal preference

I was thinking the Nàzgul from the hobbit with the mace, cut at the midriff and replace with shredded cloak bits, have the swirling banshees from mortis engine as his attendants, and hover him fairly high over his base.

If I had a million dollars Ide use the Idoneth guy with the huge cape and shred it, give him a huge mace, and have ghosts emerging into and out of said cape... but that mini is like 100 bucks!

Edited by Neck-Romantic

2 hours ago, MrRoff said:

Since all other eligible enemy units that could attack has "attacked" 

Since its only 1 enemy unit in combat, the spell does nothing. 

What if 'enemy units' in context of the unit the spell is cast on refers to 'enemies of that unit'?  I assume not but I was misinterpreting it before I think!

Edited by sinksinksink
clarity

Looks like there’s some new models heading our way. There’s a new warhammer underworlds expansion called Dreadfane that was just announced. It appears there’s a unit of four banshees in it “lady harrow’s mournflight”. 

Assuming they will will have an AOS profile as well. I liked how the briar queen turned out, so I’ll be interested to see what they are doing here

Just now, Gothmaug said:

Looks like there’s some new models heading our way. There’s a new warhammer underworlds expansion called Dreadfane that was just announced. It appears there’s a unit of four banshees in it “lady harrow’s mournflight”. 

Assuming they will will have an AOS profile as well. I liked how the briar queen turned out, so I’ll be interested to see what they are doing here

Got a link to the announcement?