AoS 2 - Nighthaunt Discussion

RuneBrush

4 minutes ago, Ashes said:

Sorry if this got asked already but with the Ethereal rule that ignores Save roll modifiers do our Nighthaunt units still get the bonus of cover (+1 Save)?

Sadly no. 

The rule specifies that both positive and negative modifiers to the save are ignored. 

3 hours ago, Ashes said:

Sorry if this got asked already but with the Ethereal rule that ignores Save roll modifiers do our Nighthaunt units still get the bonus of cover (+1 Save)?

Was already answered and I cant delete post so sorry for the post!

Edited by miguel_fernan
Question was already answered

On 12/23/2018 at 2:49 PM, CanHammer-darren said:

@ianob

what did you say again were top 3 leaders for nighthaunt? Was it reikenor, spirit torment and guardian of souls with mortality?

I can’t remember if I gave a top x specifically, but in a nutshell my top leaders are the GoS (both), KoS, and Reikenor depending what your army is doing. Spirit Torment is also good and Arkhan is a great ally too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ianob said:

I can’t remember if I gave a top x specifically, but in a nutshell my top leaders are the GoS (both), KoS, and Reikenor depending what your army is doing. Spirit Torment is also good and Arkhan is a great ally too.

I'm surprised the VL ally didn't make it for you. 

Also, has anyone looked at the list that Ben Savva is taking to UK Masters? It'a very interesting - I can't wait to see how it does. 

2 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Also, has anyone looked at the list that Ben Savva is taking to UK Masters? It'a very interesting - I can't wait to see how it does. 

Oh? 

Do you care to share his list on here? 

Just finished two games, and so far, Spirit hosts have been very, very impressive in both games, and they have found a place in my list; They have proven to be a very staunch unit that will simply not die when supported. 

First game was against a fellow Nighthaunt player, and they survived both a Bombardment from Lady O and Reiknor. By the end of turn 4, out of 9 Spirit Hosts, 1 still remained, which was rather impressive; they were supported by a Black Coach in that scenario. 

Second game proved them even more so, as two units of 3 model strong Spirit Hosts were able to hold up both a Tree Lord and Durthu, while bringing them down a tier after the first attack.  They continued to hold the enemy until about turn 4, when Durthu finally got 2 attacks in and rolled a 11 for damage. In this scenario, they were supported by a Lord Executioner/w Lord of Geists. But still, very VERY impressive!

My only question is, should I bother keeping Execution horde? Or should I drop the Executioner, give the LoG trait to another hero, and mob the Hosts into one unit?

4 hours ago, ianob said:

I would really love to hear your opinion on why the Spirit Torment and KoS(On steed, correct?) are good. I'm trying to figure out to play Nighthaunt are, as well as getting a hold on how to properly play them. I also have a problem with playing Nighthaunt offensively; mainly, I can't seem to kill units to claim objectives. I feel like Reikenor or Olynder would be a great source of damage, and help actually do damage.  

Chainghasts!

What do people think? Seeing as they are one of the only "shooting" units that Death can bring in at least okay numbers and has some rend, as well as some excellent anti-horde with the "X attacks for each model within 2" " mechanic.

Was considering them as allies to my Soulblight to add some range/ anti-horde.

10 hours ago, Undeadly said:

I would really love to hear your opinion on why the Spirit Torment and KoS(On steed, correct?) are good. I'm trying to figure out to play Nighthaunt are, as well as getting a hold on how to properly play them. I also have a problem with playing Nighthaunt offensively; mainly, I can't seem to kill units to claim objectives. I feel like Reikenor or Olynder would be a great source of damage, and help actually do damage.  

I'm not the person you're asking, but both KoS and the ST are great support for the more killy units in NH (Blades, Reapers, Harridans, Banshees). 

I don't think they're great support for Spirit Hosts, which you said you were running. 

18 hours ago, dmorley21 said:

Oh yeah the VL is great too :) 

I both hate and love Ben's list. Shrieker Host is exceedingly powerful, but I think the list matches up poorly against the top end of the meta - Stormcast, Eels, Death and Sylvaneth. Ben clearly doesn't think so, though, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he gets on with this at masters (not the results, but how his games actually go, you can go 6-0 with a list and know it was luck or 0-6 with a list and still feel it's great).

24 minutes ago, ACBelMutie said:

Just one question. Can a Guardian of Souls in Grand Host of Nagash alligance use any of the Nighthaunt spells or just the spell he has in his warscroll?

Greetings

Only the spells mentioned on his warscroll because he missed the necessary keywords to get LoN spells and he isn't part of a nighthaunt alliance so he hasn't access to NH spells

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

Only the spells mentioned on his warscroll because he missed the necessary keywords to get LoN spells and he isn't part of a nighthaunt alliance so he hasn't access to NH spells

Thanks for the answer. My last question about GoS is about the alternative version, GoS with Mortality Glass. I have read this post

Can I use this warscroll instead of the GoS with Nightmare Lantern warscroll? Is it valid?

Greetings

9 minutes ago, ACBelMutie said:

Thanks for the answer. My last question about GoS is about the alternative version, GoS with Mortality Glass. I have read this post

Can I use this warscroll instead of the GoS with Nightmare Lantern warscroll? Is it valid?

Greetings

You can use him in LoN but he didn't get extra spells like the lantern one

5 hours ago, ianob said:

I both hate and love Ben's list. Shrieker Host is exceedingly powerful, but I think the list matches up poorly against the top end of the meta - Stormcast, Eels, Death and Sylvaneth. Ben clearly doesn't think so, though, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he gets on with this at masters (not the results, but how his games actually go, you can go 6-0 with a list and know it was luck or 0-6 with a list and still feel it's great).

Yeah, I'm really curious to see how it plays. When I tried out Shrieker Host, I did things the other way... focused on Harridans and ran Myrmourns as tiny units. The Harridans are good (very underrated IMO), however in Shriker Host they really shine against horde units, and Reapers already do that well enough. Myrmourns can fill a much different role though.

12 hours ago, ianob said:

Is there anywhere one can go to see these matches live? Are they broadcasted? 

Or is there anywhere to see them recorded? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dmorley21 said:

Yeah, I'm really curious to see how it plays. When I tried out Shrieker Host, I did things the other way... focused on Harridans and ran Myrmourns as tiny units. The Harridans are good (very underrated IMO), however in Shriker Host they really shine against horde units, and Reapers already do that well enough. Myrmourns can fill a much different role though.

Harridans are pretty much just worse Bladegheists, so they get ignored (and rightfully so, their debuff needed to affect 1 higher bravery since power creep has made most things 7 now), but they are still great. With the battalion though you're not making a subpar choice since its the only choice!

4 hours ago, MrRoff said:

Is there anywhere one can go to see these matches live? Are they broadcasted? 

Or is there anywhere to see them recorded? 

They're not being broadcast, it's being covered on instagram.

Edited by ianob