AoS 2 - Nighthaunt Discussion

RuneBrush

9 minutes ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

@dmorley21 Nice report. I have 60 grims at 2k. Get movement trays. Element games do a horde cloud bundle for a 30 or 40 model unit. I've got 3 sets for 32mm bases and 2 sets for 25mm bases. It's made things so much easier for me.

Only thing to be wary of is there is a bit of chatter in some competitive groups about grims in LoN being OP and a lot of people are expecting a nerf. I understand how grims are OP in LoN because of all the healing and if the unit dies you can simply summon them back. I hope this is just chatter as without grims us ghosts have literally no chance in comp play. I was planning on 90 grims for tournaments but until this chatter dies down I'm holding fire on more purchases. Also my friends don't want to play my 60 grims list, so 90 is unlikely to ever see a game ?

Movement trays? I thought round bases were to eliminate things like that. I'm not sure if I feel like spending money on that, but I'll consider. Does it limit your flexibility with arranging the unit and piling in?

And yeah, I just jumped into a thread about Grims getting nerfed. I'd say 90 is definitely power gaming, but their battalion requires 2 units of them so I can't see myself doing less than 60 if I take that battalion. And since I want to lower my drops (learned this first hand this weekend when I got KO'd by a Black Knight charge and walled by a unit of Phoenix Guard in my two losses while walling my opponent's entire army in my single win) I'll probably take the battalion. My hope is to build a three or four drop list.

I'm hoping that if Grimghast Reapers go up in points costs, other units/characters go down. Or else a difficult army to play will get even more challenging.

3 minutes ago, dmorley21 said:

Or else a difficult army to play will get even more challenging

Amen to that. 

I was against movement trays, but it helps to speed up play. I use them to get into the enemy and then take them out when they've charged and piled in. I have 100 models in my current 2k deathstalkers list, it's a lot of models to move. My Chainguard list has 120 models. I use the trays just to speed things up. 

Hi guys. I would like to talk about my experience with the shrieker Host. I had the chance to play it often and I have to say that it gave me great results, I put a lot on bravery using also the endless to lower it, today I deploy 1x20 + 1x5 dreadscythe, 1x8 + 1x4 myrmourn, with 30 grimghast, 30 chainrasp and 10 chainrasp . I'm still looking for the best combination of units, but the warscroll bonus is key to getting the better of it, forcing a unit that suffered 20 injuries to fail the shock test means eliminating it quickly, and the feeling is that our units they remain mired in the clashes in the long run they are defeated.

Someone else has played it, what do you think?

• Like 2

@dmorley21  in answer to the shrieker host question. It's a good battalion but it requires 2 things, one is an opponent with low bravery, the other is an opponent with a horde army. If you go against an opponent that fulfils those conditions it's great, otherwise the battalion benefits are neutered, especially if going against an army like SCE. If you local meta has low bravery horde armies go for it, otherwise it's quite a large point investment for very situational benefits. 

The other issue with the shrieker host is that none of the units are battleline. The myrmourns are expensive, good, but expensive and die quickly. The tomb banshee is utter garbage against 80% of current armies and units in the game. The harridans are great but equally function just as well outside of the battalion. So if you invest in the battalion, you still need to invest in battleline and HQ, so the fewer drops you get from having the battalion get lost by taking lots of other essential units such as battleline and HQ. I haven't been able to get a decent 2k shrieker host list to have less than 7-8 drops. 

Edited by Tropical Ghost General
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

Amen to that. 

I was against movement trays, but it helps to speed up play. I use them to get into the enemy and then take them out when they've charged and piled in. I have 100 models in my current 2k deathstalkers list, it's a lot of models to move. My Chainguard list has 120 models. I use the trays just to speed things up. 

Well, I'm all for speeding up the game. I'll have to look into them once I gather my force. Have you posted your Death Stalkers and Chainguard lists? I'm always curious to see lists and hear about how they perform.

1 hour ago, Espy85 said:

Hi guys. I would like to talk about my experience with the shrieker Host. I had the chance to play it often and I have to say that it gave me great results, I put a lot on bravery using also the endless to lower it, today I deploy 1x20 + 1x5 dreadscythe, 1x8 + 1x4 myrmourn, with 30 grimghast, 30 chainrasp and 10 chainrasp . I'm still looking for the best combination of units, but the warscroll bonus is key to getting the better of it, forcing a unit that suffered 20 injuries to fail the shock test means eliminating it quickly, and the feeling is that our units they remain mired in the clashes in the long run they are defeated.

Someone else has played it, what do you think?

Thanks for sharing! I find it interesting that you don't go for a unit of 12 Myrmourns. When I had originally planned it, I planned to take to units of 10 Chainrasp and a unit of 30 Reapers to fulfill the battleline. A couple questions for you:

1) What heroes do you take? Obviously a Tomb Banshee... do you equip her with anything?

2) How often did you face armies that more or less ignored battleshock? I'm having doubts because it seems like I will primarily be playing against Legions of Nagash (bravery 10) and Phoenix Temple (they ignore battleshock). Did you still have success against these armies?

1 hour ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

@dmorley21  in answer to the shrieker host question. It's a good battalion but it requires 2 things, one is an opponent with low bravery, the other is an opponent with a horde army. If you go against an opponent that fulfils those conditions it's great, otherwise the battalion benefits are neutered, especially if going against an army like SCE. If you local meta has low bravery horde armies go for it, otherwise it's quite a large point investment for very situational benefits. 

The other issue with the shrieker host is that none of the units are battleline. The myrmourns are expensive, good, but expensive and die quickly. The tomb banshee is utter garbage against 80% of current armies and units in the game. The harridans are great but equally function just as well outside of the battalion. So if you invest in the battalion, you still need to invest in battleline and HQ, so the fewer drops you get from having the battalion get lost by taking lots of other essential units such as battleline and HQ. I haven't been able to get a decent 2k shrieker host list to have less than 7-8 drops. 

Yep! All of those are reasons why I'm having second thoughts about it.

17 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

It would be amazing if they changed the shrieker host to include The Briar Queen or tomb banshee, similar to how Shroudguard can use KoS or Reikor. 

It would be nice if it could also include Lady Olynder as she's not in any of the battalions. If we're wish listing, here's what I would love:

1-4 of Lady Olynder, The Briar Queen and her peeps, Tomb Banshees

1-2 Dreadscythe Harridans

1-2 Myrmourn Banshees

Then keep the special rule and add an additional -1 to bravery for units within 6" of the battalion if they're bravery is normally higher than 6.

• Like 1

I play:

T Banshe general hatred for live (first command trait)

Spirit Torment with Midnight Tome

Knight of Shrouds with Sword of Judgement of ulgu

Guardian of Souls.

30 chainrasp

10 chainrasp

30 grimghast

20 dreadscythe

5 dreadscythe

8 Myrmourn

4 Myrmourn.

I dividethe army in 4 different departments, which I will send to attack or defend on 4 different objectives.
The reapers are accompanied by the guardian and 4 Myrmourn, the idea here is to have a unit that hits 4+ by rerol the failed and towounds at 2, with the Banshees canceling the opponent's shock tests.
The 20 dreadscythe are accompanied by 10 chainrasp and the spirit of torment, they target the opposing unit with the lowest bravery, the spirit also launches suffocating Gravetide for a further -1, chainrasp screen to avoid being charged and then they protect the hero.
5 Dreadscythe and the banshee usually remain in defense of the objective in my territory, along with 30 chianrasp that so repeat the 1 to hit and hurt, the dreadscythe give a -1 to hit the opponent, lined up just behind the chainrasp.
The Kos and the 8 Myrmourn instead hit heroes and small armored units, the idea is to bring save throws from 3 + / 4 + to 5 + / 6 +, and hope to make 5+ with the Knight of Shrouds and inflict some d6 of mortal wounds to enemy heroes.
It is not a simple list to manage, indeed, but I love the BG of the shrieker Host and banshee so I want to run a list focused on them, this is the one that from field tests seems more balanced, but the success and defeat are linked to many different factors. For example, against the demons or death the dreadscythe have no way of giving the -1 to hit, but they too must repeat the 1 on the shock tests and if they suffer 15 20 wounds will have to lose other models for the failed test.
I have never faced the order draconis, but it seems to me on paper an army that deploys few models, in that case I would try to take control of the field, but without facing them I can not tell you more.

Sorry again for Long post

• Like 1

@dmorley21  

Here are my current deathstalkers and Chainguard lists. 

With the deathstalkers the torment takes the Spectral Tether spell from the spell lore. It's designed around CP farming, Kurdoss denies in 5+, the cairn wraith gains back on a 5+. The cairn and one GoS sit at the back with the two units of glaives, usually at opposite ends of the board. Then the grims, other GoS deepstrike in. Depending on opponent and mission Kurdoss either starts on the board or also deep strikes in. 

With the Chainguard it's all about board control, swamp with bodies and see who lasts longer. The GoS has the blade artefact to be permanently -1 to hit in shooting and combat, with look out sir he stays alive longer. The KoSos and torment go up with the blades. I give the KoSos the cloak again for extra longevity. I sometimes give him the blade to be permanently -1 to hit or give him a 5+ death save. The grims hold an objective. 

Both lists are pretty simple and work on 3 things, objective holders, objective takers and big kill units. 

IMG_20181015_011312.jpg

IMG_20181015_014816.jpg

Edited by Tropical Ghost General
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Espy85 said:

I play:

T Banshe general hatred for live (first command trait)

Spirit Torment with Midnight Tome

Knight of Shrouds with Sword of Judgement of ulgu

Guardian of Souls.

30 chainrasp

10 chainrasp

30 grimghast

20 dreadscythe

5 dreadscythe

8 Myrmourn

4 Myrmourn.

I dividethe army in 4 different departments, which I will send to attack or defend on 4 different objectives.
The reapers are accompanied by the guardian and 4 Myrmourn, the idea here is to have a unit that hits 4+ by rerol the failed and towounds at 2, with the Banshees canceling the opponent's shock tests.
The 20 dreadscythe are accompanied by 10 chainrasp and the spirit of torment, they target the opposing unit with the lowest bravery, the spirit also launches suffocating Gravetide for a further -1, chainrasp screen to avoid being charged and then they protect the hero.
5 Dreadscythe and the banshee usually remain in defense of the objective in my territory, along with 30 chianrasp that so repeat the 1 to hit and hurt, the dreadscythe give a -1 to hit the opponent, lined up just behind the chainrasp.
The Kos and the 8 Myrmourn instead hit heroes and small armored units, the idea is to bring save throws from 3 + / 4 + to 5 + / 6 +, and hope to make 5+ with the Knight of Shrouds and inflict some d6 of mortal wounds to enemy heroes.
It is not a simple list to manage, indeed, but I love the BG of the shrieker Host and banshee so I want to run a list focused on them, this is the one that from field tests seems more balanced, but the success and defeat are linked to many different factors. For example, against the demons or death the dreadscythe have no way of giving the -1 to hit, but they too must repeat the 1 on the shock tests and if they suffer 15 20 wounds will have to lose other models for the failed test.
I have never faced the order draconis, but it seems to me on paper an army that deploys few models, in that case I would try to take control of the field, but without facing them I can not tell you more.

Sorry again for Long post

No need to apologize for the long post - it's exactly what I was hoping for! It's really smart how you split your battalion into groups, though I'd be worried that the 4 Myrmourn Banshees would die too easily.

When I faced LoN, I wasn't causing enough damage to his units for them to even need to take a Battleshock test.

I was facing Phoenix Temple, not Order Draconis. Their infantry's (which gets a 4+/4+) rule is that they do not need to take battleshock tests if within 8" of a hero. Hero sniping is very difficult, as their hero rides a Phoenix.

Still, I'm glad to hear the battalion works for you. I don't think it will against the armies that I will be facing most frequently, but maybe I'll build it eventually and play it at a local store.

One more question - what's your intent with the Banshee in terms of making her your general and giving her the first command trait?

9 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

@dmorley21  

Here are my current deathstalkers and Chainguard lists. 

With the deathstalkers the torment takes the Spectral Tether spell from the spell lore. It's designed around CP farming, Kurdoss denies in 5+, the cairn wraith gains back on a 5+. The cairn and one GoS sit at the back with the two units of glaives, usually at opposite ends of the board. Then the grims, other GoS deepstrike in. Depending on opponent and mission Kurdoss either starts on the board or also deep strikes in. 

With the Chainguard it's all about board control, swamp with bodies and see who lasts longer. The GoS has the blade artefact to be permanently -1 to hit in shooting and combat, with look out sir he stays alive longer. The KoSos and torment go up with the blades. I give the KoSos the cloak again for extra longevity. I sometimes give him the blade to be permanently -1 to hit or give him a 5+ death save. The grims hold an objective. 

Both lists are pretty simple and work on 3 things, objective holders, objective takers and big kill units.

They do seem like lists that are pretty easy to grasp. Neither's quite my style, but I see the merits of both.

How much success have you had with them?

on the banshee my mistake. the command line is the second, to try to force the retreat of the war.
the 4 myrmourn do not attack if I can avoid it. they are placed within 6 "of the enemy unit, but behind the grimghast, they only serve to exploit the battalion's ability.
at the moment I am testing, so no tournament yet, but I often face tzeentch and I have faced sylvaneth and dok. the results are fluctuating, I like how the battalion runs, but I'm looking for the right composition.
I always divide my army so that each unit can do a single job. in the coming days I hope to play against nurgle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

This version of my death stalkers list is currently undefeated. 

The Chainguard one has also performed really well, only losing in missions where it was impossible to win anyway. About 80% win rate. 

Sounds interesting, why is it you do the CP farming without having any real command abilities to spend the points on?

It sounds like a lone hero and 8 stalkers are quite vulnerable to a counter attack, like stormcast coming down, what is their purpose on opposite ends of the board?

Grims are a given as good, but what is the role ofthe craven king? ou mention CP farm/denial but for what purpose and can he really bring home his points in offensive power? Enough so either a grimhailer or Olynder would not be better suited?

What is your most common target for the battalion rule, just finding the largest most elite unit on the board?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scurvydog said:

Sounds interesting, why is it you do the CP farming without having any real command abilities to spend the points on?

So with the Deathstalkers list.....

The CP farming is all used on charge re-rolls and inspiring units from battleshock, the grims don't need extra attacks. Occasionally it will be used to draw units back towards the general as well in the late game. Having Kurdoss stealing CP is a gamble, but when it pays off it really hampers your opponent's plans, especially if they don't have a decent reserve of them before the game starts. 

So splitting the glaives on opposire ends of the baord is just for board control. Your opponent normally needs to be 9" away. So in most games they can screen against units dropping in behind, whilst sitting on objectives. All of our heroes are weak, so having them either side forces your opponent to split his army, which can create openings for deepstriking in the grims. Normally when you have 60 grims on the board, your opponent isn't too fussed by some measly glaivewraiths with minor hero support. Normally in one corner of the board the GoS that has cast cogs, so it's out of range of most dispels, so when stuff gets scary, he can slow it down and get extra spells and re-rolling saves, and having one GoS sit back allows for a more guaranteed chance at healing with the Spectral Lure spell. I tend to stick the 20 rasps in the middle, so they are a central tarpit and /or bait unit, though this will vary depending on what threats my opponent decides to put down during their deployment. Having

Kurdoss can really hurt in combat, yes he's squishy, but the main reason for him is the CP farming, it's the only reason to take him really. I don't feel to bad about him diving in with the grims, as the opponent is normally more focused on whittling down the 30 or 60 grims rather than Kurdoss, so he gives the grims the hero support needed for death saves and stuff, and he can finish off the target that the grims don't quite manage. But he and Lady O are a bit over priced for what they do IMO, he never brings back his points in terms of killing units, but if you think that a single CP costs 50pts, if he brings back on average 2 CP a game, add that onto whatever units he kills and he's sort of worth his points. 

The battalion target will always vary depending on the mission type, but normally it will be the large single model, as grims don't get re-rolls against units under 5 models, so having the +1 to hit and wound helps to neutralise that bigger non-horde threat. The main reason for taking the battalion is running grims and needing to get fewer drops. At 6 drops it's still too many really, but I can't find a way to whittle it any further without making some of the units more redundant.

You can easily run this same list but swap out the CP farming ability heroes with other stuff. Swap out Kurdoss, give the cairn wraith a different artefact and it will still function well. It's been designed to be as self sufficient and as flexible to a variety of opponents as possible, so the units can function without the heroes if need be. The glaivewraiths regularly run away from any opponent, as they can still charge in and reclaim the back objectives later on or they can become a useful screening unit if need be, but running 4 they die too easily, running more than 8 is a waste of points. If you do take out Kurdoss you have 240pts to spare, so you can swap in Lady O or bulk up the rasps and throw in another hero, or stick in 12 myrmourns. It has lots of flexibility to tweak it to what you prefer, but I tend to play a very risky game, so it's lots of gambling, lots of 5+s on single dice and 10+s on two dice, and the max units of grims help to give the staying power to try things again if it fails the first time. Having 91 bodies, most on 32mm bases or bigger, allows for a lot of board control. I'll use different units (including grims) as bait units to draw in my opponent as well. It basically lots of risky, spread out sacrificial killing going on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

So with the Deathstalkers list.....

The CP farming is all used on charge re-rolls and inspiring units from battleshock, the grims don't need extra attacks. Occasionally it will be used to draw units back towards the general as well in the late game. Having Kurdoss stealing CP is a gamble, but when it pays off it really hampers your opponent's plans, especially if they don't have a decent reserve of them before the game starts. 

So splitting the glaives on opposire ends of the baord is just for board control. Your opponent normally needs to be 9" away. So in most games they can screen against units dropping in behind, whilst sitting on objectives. All of our heroes are weak, so having them either side forces your opponent to split his army, which can create openings for deepstriking in the grims. Normally when you have 60 grims on the board, your opponent isn't too fussed by some measly glaivewraiths with minor hero support. Normally in one corner of the board the GoS that has cast cogs, so it's out of range of most dispels, so when stuff gets scary, he can slow it down and get extra spells and re-rolling saves, and having one GoS sit back allows for a more guaranteed chance at healing with the Spectral Lure spell. I tend to stick the 20 rasps in the middle, so they are a central tarpit and /or bait unit, though this will vary depending on what threats my opponent decides to put down during their deployment. Having

Kurdoss can really hurt in combat, yes he's squishy, but the main reason for him is the CP farming, it's the only reason to take him really. I don't feel to bad about him diving in with the grims, as the opponent is normally more focused on whittling down the 30 or 60 grims rather than Kurdoss, so he gives the grims the hero support needed for death saves and stuff, and he can finish off the target that the grims don't quite manage. But he and Lady O are a bit over priced for what they do IMO, he never brings back his points in terms of killing units, but if you think that a single CP costs 50pts, if he brings back on average 2 CP a game, add that onto whatever units he kills and he's sort of worth his points. 

The battalion target will always vary depending on the mission type, but normally it will be the large single model, as grims don't get re-rolls against units under 5 models, so having the +1 to hit and wound helps to neutralise that bigger non-horde threat. The main reason for taking the battalion is running grims and needing to get fewer drops. At 6 drops it's still too many really, but I can't find a way to whittle it any further without making some of the units more redundant.

You can easily run this same list but swap out the CP farming ability heroes with other stuff. Swap out Kurdoss, give the cairn wraith a different artefact and it will still function well. It's been designed to be as self sufficient and as flexible to a variety of opponents as possible, so the units can function without the heroes if need be. The glaivewraiths regularly run away from any opponent, as they can still charge in and reclaim the back objectives later on or they can become a useful screening unit if need be, but running 4 they die too easily, running more than 8 is a waste of points. If you do take out Kurdoss you have 240pts to spare, so you can swap in Lady O or bulk up the rasps and throw in another hero, or stick in 12 myrmourns. It has lots of flexibility to tweak it to what you prefer, but I tend to play a very risky game, so it's lots of gambling, lots of 5+s on single dice and 10+s on two dice, and the max units of grims help to give the staying power to try things again if it fails the first time. Having 91 bodies, most on 32mm bases or bigger, allows for a lot of board control. I'll use different units (including grims) as bait units to draw in my opponent as well. It basically lots of risky, spread out sacrificial killing going on. 

You lil Knight of Shrouds you! ????????

6 minutes ago, Neck-Romantic said:

5 days til our Bladegheist hero drops (I refuse to consider the possibility its just a resculpt) and Im jonesing to know its stats!

On a different note; I am brainstorming some ideas for Nighthaunt objective markers, have any of you fellow bedsheet generals made your own?

Those new little terrain pyramids for shadespire are looking good. ?

Quick batrep for the 1500pt game against Tzeentch playing Battle for the Pass. Only made it to the end of round 3 before we called it since we had other places to be (Tzeentch hero phase and some passerby's talking to us caused the game to take longer than intended). 

Me:Olynder, GoS, Executioner, 2x6 and 1x3 SH's, Mourngul and an Execution Horde.

Opponent:Ogroid, Gaunt Summoner, Blue Scribes, Curseling, 20 Tzaangor, 20 Acolytes, 2x10 Pinks.

1st: I go second and deepstrike in the Executioner and 6 Hosts to the left objective to deal with the Tzaangors, right side had the 3 Hosts unit move onto it. Other unit of 6 moved straight ahead into the Acolytes. Not much happened here. Score 5-1.

2nd: I get the double and leave ~6 Tzaangors left, 3 SH's charge a unit of Pinks with an 11 and kill them over 2 turns. Charge the 6 SH's in middle to the Acolytes. His turn, the middle SH's get brought down to 4 from MW's and left side w/ Tzaangors get reduced to 4. I decide to keep the Mourngul away since there is no good place to charge into his Wizard party. Score 10-2.

3rd: He gets the double, MW's the middle SH's down to 2 and with my suggestion (still a somewhat new player, so trying to teach him a bit about tactics as this was his first objective game) fly's his Scribes over to the right objective that is now empty and summons in 10 Blues on top of it with the goal of long-bombing another unit onto my home objective next turn. He also summons a Herald on Disc to moves towards the left objective and squeezes in another unit of 10 Blues to have just a few more to cap that objective as well. On my turn I replenish the middle SH unit back to 6, take care of the acolytes and then charge the blues on my left objective to regain control. Mourngul comes in the back, but fails his charge and does nothing. We call it ending with a victory of 12-8.

Again, the SH's did alright, but nothing gets deleted turn 1. Against any melee strong army they will suffer if I do not hit them harder first and the Mourngul just seems better suited to take squishy hero's over massed infantry. I really am considering changing my 2k list to bring in either 2x10 or 1x20 Revenants w/ an accompanying Chainghast unit or Spirit Torment to have a decently mobile unit that can hit things in the flank over the Mourngul, but would love to fit both if possible. That would severely limit my battleline choice of SH's however.

Overall, still have fun with it and people underestimate the amount of MW's that Olynder puts out and never seem to focus her down, being more scared of the SH's.

4 hours ago, Tropical Ghost General said:

So going on from another message thread. How does everyone feel if (when) grims get nerfed? 

Will we still be as viable in a competitive sense or will it be absolutely fine and even if they do get nerfed we will still have a decent hard hitting battleline units to use?

it will be a big problem. I personally think of compensating with the chain and the increase of dreadscythe. I've already thought about some list.
then I think we could receive further errata. we are the only army to not have an errata file.

@Neck-Romantic I am with you on that. I'm still getting 3 ?.

As for objectives I'm planning on using the nightvault pyramids as @Vasshpit suggested. Got 2 sets ordered, going to try and turn them upside down, so models can stand on them, so it doesn't effect getting in close to objectives during games.

@Gwendar nice report. I had a similar conclusion with mourngul, I've tried to get it to work in so many games but it's just too many points for not enough damage. Unfortunately in my local meta everyone is clued up to the mortal wound carnage of Lady O. In fact most players in my meta know to target our heroes first before targeting the unit, as without hero support our army tends to crumble pretty quickly. If you run blades take a torment over chainghasts, gives you a death save on the unit and re-rolls and brings models back.

@Espy85 I think if they get nerfed most will move onto blades and harridans. But I feel a bit optimistic after the 2nd place ghosts got in the GW GT, as the list was nice and varied, not spamming units and including a good mix of heroes as well. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I won't be getting the new model - my closest store is 3 hours away.

Thanks @Tropical Ghost General and @Espy85 for sharing how you're finding success with your lists. There was some debate on another thread that one of the problems with Nighthaunt is simply the players not knowing how to play them yet, so it's great to see strategy shared. It's also neat that there were three different lists being discussed, all of which were finding success. As a new/returning player, this stuff helps me immensely.

On another note, a Nighthaunt list just had major success at the Warhammer GT. It was a very balanced list, but what struck me was the lack of battalions. I had got it into my head that our army really wanted to lower drops to have a chance to control the order of the first turn, but maybe I had it wrong. If one avoids the battalions, it allows one to take a really varied list with a lot of units and heroes. That list in particular had 98 infantry and I believe 5 heroes. So what are everyone's thoughts on that list? And did anyone have a chance to see how the list was being used?

• Like 1