AoS 2 - Nighthaunt Discussion

RuneBrush

8 minutes ago, PUFNSTUF said:

True about fyreslayers, its actually why I told a friend not to start them unless they had the cash. Least the difference with them is they aren't push fit, that's my main gripe.

I’ll take push fit over zero variety in the range and basically 90 of the same model

• Like 1

Where some pricing is crazy, other pricing is a steal.

Reikenor for instance is extremely cheap compared to his contemporaries.

The Dreadblade Harrows are extremely cheap. $25 for x2 cavalry heroes is unheard of.

Olynder and Valarian also surprised me that they were only $45.

I think these are fair prices, but I also think they could have rounded up to $50 or $60 on Olynder, Valarian, and Reikenor and we would nor have batted an eye at the price.

Black Coach is fair in price for what it is I think, though it obviously could have been cheaper.  But if you think about it, it is a much better model, is much larger, and has much better rules than say a Mortis Engine.

The real -abomination- of prices is the Chainrasp guys.  If it was 20 guys for $40 that would not be so bad, but they are asking for $4 per model when they are the cheapest, weakest, and smallest model in the range... and push fit. Wow.  I won't be buying any more chainrasps.  Luckily I got my 80 of them from Soul Wars boxes already.

In the end, vote with your wallet. ?

If no one buys them than they would be forced to consider an alternative. 

But we all know that even amongst all the uproar enough will buy them. ?

So in the end vote with your $$ 

Or go 3rd party, ebay, etc... 

Id prefer to help out brick & motar but when i can 10-20% on kits, well, thats just a no brainer. And in the end those kits were purchased from GW in the first place so they get profit and  I save and am able to buy more. ?

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sucks... I really wanted the Black Coach... too bad. It'll have to go on the "maybe for Christmas" list with the BloodThirster and Lord of Change. 

Chainrasps, 10 of the same ones from the SoulWars box for $40. HA! Never buying that. I'd consider it if they where at least different sculpts and not the same easy to build ones I already have 20 of.

2 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

I'm saying it everywhere, if you can, boycott the product. You are doing the right thing. Tell as many people as you can not to buy them. Hammer GW with email about this highway robbery. The only way to stop it from happening with every new army that comes out is to hurt their wallet now. 

I love Nighthaunt but I will be building my army with Hexwraiths and Spirit Hosts simply because they are cheaper.

As a new player, I wish Spirit Hosts weren't only in the Tormented Spirits box. 

As fun as it is to commiserate about chainrasp pricing, I actually think that grimghast reapers are way better. Not that the chainrasps are bad, but I’d totally pay more points for more move, a better save, 2” reach (which is very important since for reasons unknown the battleline troops are all on 32mm bases), re-rolling failed hits against most things you encounter, wounding on one better, and at rend -1.

Like in what universe is all of that not worth 12ppm instead of 7 ppm? Maybe one max squad of chainrasps is good, but I think a 32mm base with 1” reach is real feels bad

48 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

The evil advocate 'd say : the starter box is such a steal that GW had to do some margin somewhere else ?

And BTW, there is soooooooo much better choice for NH than chainhordes.

Or maybe they haven’t sold enough starter sets and are making them look more of a bargain by charging stupid prices for the individual items? 

1 hour ago, Overread said:

*Reads all the chainrasp rage - goes and looks at the price for 10 rasps is £25*

You guys know Daughters of Khaine players would be rejoicing if Witch Aelves were put down to that price right *currently 10 Witches is £35!*

Witch elves are not snap fit and are also a bit bigger, and a dual kit that comes with tons of extra parts. And they are also overpriced.

To be honest snap-fit likely makes little difference to the price compared to regular parts; unless you get into the Malign Sorcery snap-fit which (I believe) is a slightly different plastic mix (it feels just a little different and the details are little softer on the edges).