AoS 2 - Nighthaunt Discussion

RuneBrush

On 6/16/2019 at 7:51 AM, MrRoff said:

Can anyone post the leak for all death units? Can't seem to find it 

Also, if grave guard now is taken in units of 10,how much p do they cost now? 

10-30 for 140-360points for graveguard

+++ MOD EDIT +++ No leaked pictures on TGA!

Was nice to see the sepruchal guard be part of LoN now

Edited by RuneBrush
Leaked picture removal
  • Like 3

Looks like Ill be able to squeeze in a Banshee or a unit of Chainghasts in most of my lists due to the reductions, but I was expecting more tbh.

Mourning the lack of changes to stalkers, mymrourns got cheaper but lost horde discount so equals out... someone mentioned the Mourngul but I dont see it listed here

Edited by Neck-Romantic

7 minutes ago, Neck-Romantic said:

Looks like Ill be able to squeeze in a Banshee or a unit of Chainghasts in most of my lists due to the reductions, but I was expecting more tbh.

Mourning the lack of changes to stalkers, mymrourns got cheaper but lost horde discount so equals out... someone mentioned the Mourngul but I dont see it listed here

Mounrgul is listed on the last page of the Pitched Battle Profiles. Its replacing the Monstrous Arcanum Forgeworld used to put out. Seeing as they stopped working on AOS rules. It's down to 280, which is a real joke.

9 minutes ago, soots said:

ummm.... so this supersedes the previous faq. Which allowed us to take NH units with LoN.

Dare I say LoN dont have access to the NH units anymore?

Where does it say that? Because I really hope that is the case

6 minutes ago, Neck-Romantic said:

280 is still damn steep for the Mourn I agree.. but at least its something

The hope is that, given the quite reserved approach they have taken with a lot of units, they will be updating the points more frequently than once a year. If that is the case then it will hopefully keep getting 10-20 point drops until it hits a playable level. I think around 240ish would be the right spot for it with its current rule set, especially of the july update sees verminlords and AGKoTGs brought up to a reasonable point cost.

42 minutes ago, soots said:

ummm.... so this supersedes the previous faq. Which allowed us to take NH units with LoN.

Dare I say LoN dont have access to the NH units anymore?

I don't think LoN lost the NH Units from Soulwars because of grimghast getting price increase

21 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

I don't think LoN lost the NH Units from Soulwars because of grimghast getting price increase

Agreed, they wouldn't talk about its nerf being how popular it is in NH AND LoN armies if it could no longer be included in LoN armies

I saw a video today of the meeting engagement from guerilla games and it was neat if not some mistakes here and their. Watching the one guy start with a ranged unit then build a castle when everything came on end of his turn and the other guy bounce off of it was hilarious but very real... 

made me think a spearhead approach is bad unless you go first and snipe the guys slann he laid down. 

Wanted to try and make a nighthaunt list around what i own/want. I own hexwraiths spirit hosts and reikenor, i want black coach. So thinking if i get black coach, then i want to start maxing out those big body models for the rezzing, and then lord of the spirit hosts for more, so need a KoSoES. Turn 2 will have two 2 command points to throw at the hexwraiths and bump up the scythes and hooves.  These will all probably be main body.  I have 170 points after that. Need a spearhead unit to deploy, probably rasps as they are very disposable. Still not a lot of points to spend so I was thinking for rearguard go dogs as an ally since they fast and can catch up to an objective, or more rasps, if i go dogs, i could drop reikenor and go guardian of souls for even more rez, and bonus to wound rolls, then use extra 50 for command point to help the hexwraith blob even more.  Don't know if triumphs are still a thing in meeting engages.

Reikenor isn't the best cause no spell that i mandatory must cast at such low point values, though a 50 point purple sun would be freaking hilarious in a meeting engagement XD

Also anyone have an idea of how the underworlds reserve ability would work? could i use it t bypass the way units must come in layers or are reserve abilities null and void..

I have a coven throne, and the coven thrones spell is really good in low point games but i want to use the coach so coach it is.

19 minutes ago, MrRoff said:

Do we know any more changes to points for endless spells? Other than that of the purple sun 

Cogs went to 80, Geminids to 60. 

As for the points, I have to say it's pretty disappointing. I think we needed some steeper drops. I would have liked both the GoS and Spirit Torment to have gone down 20 each. 

52 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

Most of the malign soccery spells get points changes like cogs goes up to 80

I wonder if the hike will be enough to nerf it from the game?  Regardless it a particularly impressive “******-you” to Nighthaunt.  It made the underperforming Battletomb less bad.

What units are people thinking of taking in meeting engagements?

I have been throwing together a few lists but seem to be struggling to find a decent loadout. Even with the increase in points, grimghasts are tempting for early game board control

12 hours ago, MrRoff said:

So cogs wnt up to 80 and the sun to 50 wtf 

Cogs are insanely powerful though and were undercosted and overused so that's not a surprise.

Purple Sun however was absent from the meta because you could pay 100pts only to backfire. 50pts is a lot more tempting!

What do people think of both knights of shrouds post GH? the range on their abilities will always annoy me, but for 100/120 points I will give them a shot.

I have been considering trying the KoS on foot with the gryph feather charm to accompany a unit of harridans. Slightly cheaper version of the spirit torment + bladegheist pairing, but it could be good at targetting low bravery mobs and cutting through them with minimal casualties.

Edited by Qrow